Home

Getting black player trim (question)

Classic Luke

While playing mp, I've seen people using customizable skins, but they have black trim on them. I've asked all of the people online who have done it to tell me with no luck:(

So if anyone would be so kind as to tell me how to get this trim I would be greatly thankful :)

The codes are char_color_red (number)

char_color_blue (number)

char_color_green (number)

I've tried numbers 1 and 0 but to no avail :(

Sorry if this has been answered in another thread.

The three color options are standard RGB colors... photoshop or any standard graphics program should have color palettes in them, and most translate between Hex for web and RGB numbers. For example...

This color would be either:

Hex: #0000FF

or

RGB: 000 000 256 (being Red, Green, Blue respectively)

tip... For an effective black trim or skin, don't use pure black because it will be too dark and look unnatural ingame... use dark grey or a shade of black instead. Shades of grey happen when all three numbers are exactly the same - higher numbers are lighter, lower numbers are darker. Using 20 20 20 still looks like black to the naked eye, but it's a little lighter than the negative space ingame.

----

ps. Generally 256 256 256 should give white... but maybe they switched it around to avoid negative space blending. I haven't tried that number, though I have tried several variations of dark grey/black across the spectrum.

You're right Ashkara! 256 does give you jetblack and doesnnn't look as good as 34 34 34. But so far, 34 is the lowest I can go in MP. I have yet to try SP colors with playertint command. Hopefully 20 20 20 will work there.

Btw, to those who don't know, you can use customized colors on trandoshan/sp model too! Nothing more intimidating than a trandoshan in hot pink!

Archived