Home

Lack Of Saber Locks ?

Tesla

I'm playing SP more than MP, so this applys to SP...

Ok, so im fighting Reborn, Cultists etc, But when in a saber fight i have no saber locks at all, i use the G_saberrealistic code and set it to 3, is that whats causing me not to have saber locks ?

In JO with that code set to 3 i used to have saber locks all the time, and it was great fun trying to get my opponent on the floor, but in JA i cant seem to do it....

Anyone have a soloution......?

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

saberlocks against MP bots are extremely unbalanced. It`s virtually impossible to win a saberlock against a MP bot no matter what skill level the bots are. Force Push only cancels a lock, unlike JO saberlocks.

Yah, whenever I get in one with a bot, it is almost instatanious(sp?) that they break it. :(

I Completely agree, the saber locks are like, gone. And any of them in single player arnt the button mashing scenes of tension that they used to be. Now theyre just instantaneous death either for you or the reborn.

Even in multiplayer they happen less frequently. Im a little saddened by this actually. Is there a console command where you can up the frequency of a sl happenin????

i never was able to get that code to work but i agree, ive only had like two or three saberlocks in all my SP playtime and i only play SP. about the saber dismemberment thing, i don't think it makes a difference, but i don't turn it on 3, i put it on 2; because it makes the fights too short

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

saberlocks against MP bots are extremely unbalanced. It`s virtually impossible to win a saberlock against a MP bot no matter what skill level the bots are. Force Push only cancels a lock, unlike JO saberlocks.

Actually, I find the MP bots to be very EASY to beat in a saber lock, could also be that with my constant saber locks in JO, I have a VERY VERY Quick trigger finger...

for almost constant saber locks, type this in the console

g_debugSaberLock 99 this makes it almost a 99% chance (no such thing as 100%) for a saber lock to occur, or close to it. Kudos to Mike Gummelt for this little CVAR:)

Archived