Home

I would Pay good money

JOD_Specter

You might be interested to know that there's a modding team that is creating a Jedi Knight Total Conversion mod for Jedi Outcast. (possibly Jedi Academy) They don't have a website up right now, but they're still working on it. Don't expect it to come out soon though. These things take time to do.

There's also the Dark Forces mod for Jedi Academy as well.

Yup.. your wish will come true eventually. I'm with the said mod.

And in fact we cannot either make money out of it (too bad but at least there's the fun factor and the sense of accomplishment in it still) nor can we use the original video cutscenes.

HOWEVER... I am doing pre rendered cutscenes in max that will reproduce to a certain degree the original. There will be added stuff and changed stuff. Just as an example... in the dark side ending you never got to see Jerec die... you would simply see Kyle acting as the new emperor with sariss by his side. My version will feature Jerec bitting the dust in a somewhat diferent way than light side.

Since the movies will take up lot's of space, it's very likely the mod will be availble on CD's... if that is true... i'll probably make a few cutscenes for every level as well. Even if it's just Kyle going through a Hall or something... if not, then i'll just try to keep the download size at minimum.

I have to see if i can import JO/JA's character movements from the _humanoid.gla into character studio cuz that would save alot of character animating in Max... that's what im worried about... space scenes are a walk in the park.

Yeah I've seen that as well. Now I may be wrong about how Valve does it, but I know that the company who made Unreal Tournament (the first one, not UT2k3) had a policy of selecting certain mod teams whom they PAID to finish their mods to a professional level so they could be sold.

It may be the same way with CS.

I highly doubt LA with their current level of strictness in their control over Star Wars material would consent to such a thing. Their liscense agreements right now pretty much say any mods you create are de-facto their property.

Archived