Home

JA or JO

JA_General

What do you prefer JA or JO ?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer JA or JO ?

• JA Jedi Academy
    • JO Jedi Outcast

Although I will give my vote to JA, it has to be realised that JO and JA are diffrerent in fundamental ways.

JA has more of an emphasis on action, with less puzzle solving etc which was a part of JO. JA has many more locations, but in comparison it can be said that the exploration of levels in JO was more thorough. Still, I'd prefer to see 6 different locations than 6 levels of one location. The JK games are not an RPG so I'd rather enjoy different locations, different enemies and great new moves, ie. JA !!!

But I'm sure there will be many JO fans too ! They're both great as far as I was concerned, but I just find JA more fun, and it has far more replayability.

MTFBWYA

Nerfed! Try the console... JK2 1.04 was "nerfed" as well unless you entered certain commands.

JK2 is worth it for the SP campaign and the few game modes it has that JA currently lacks (Jedi Master, CTY, Holocron FFA).

Yes, JK2 has many more mods, but the best ones are either already playable in JA (or not necessary due to JA features) or in the process of being ported over, often with improvements.

However, despite a few bugs that will be corrected in the patch, I feel JA meets or exceeds the standards of JK2.

Originally posted by Kurgan

JK2 is worth it for the SP campaign and the few game modes it has that JA currently lacks (Jedi Master, CTY, Holocron FFA).

Those game modes totally suck. I know you like them, but face it, they simply aren't that good. I never saw any CTY/Holocron FFA/Jedi Master servers anywhere in JK2.

Originally posted by Master William

Those game modes totally suck. I know you like them, but face it, they simply aren't that good. I never saw any CTY/Holocron FFA/Jedi Master servers anywhere in JK2.

If you didn't find any servers to play them on, how do you know they "totally suck"?

Yes, not everybody likes them (usually because they "totally suck" at them), but there are a lot of people who do like them. If you've never played Holocron FFA, CTY, or Jedimaster with 10-20 other people, try my JKII:JO server Chop Shop INCREASED SABER DAMAGE FFA-CTF at 64.246.58.228. It has all of those gametypes. There are 3 Holocron FFA maps, 2 Jedimaster maps, and 1 Capture the Ysalamiri map in the 21-map rotation. Holocron FFA in particular is really fun, for some people it's now their favorite and they are asking me for more Holocron maps.

I'll give you a hint: use Create Game to make your own Holocron game using the ffa_ns_streets and ctf_bespin maps. Run around the maps by yourself and find all the holocron spawn points, so you know where they are. Then when you play the real thing online, you'll know where to go to get your favorite force powers.

Another hint: only the players with the Saber Defense holocron can block gunshots, so guns are very effective in Holocron.

Well, I've just started playing the JO SP levels in JA, and I loved JA already, so I'd say Academy is what I enjoy the most. Nothing like using katas on Kejim :) There are some quirks, but it works pretty well.

For the most part, just about every model, skin, and map that works with JO works with JA as well. To me, this gives a big advantage to JA. And the fact that the admin mods don't work in JA makes me all the more happy. :) And for the most part I've enjoyed JA MP just as much as JO MP.

I guess in the end I feel JA has most of the good things of JO along with some fun new stuff.

JO is easily superior, mainly due to the annoying lack of hitboxes and the retarded disruptor nerfing in JA MP. JO also has better FFA/TDM maps (ffa_yavin, ffa_bespin) than anything in JA. JA is still pretty good for CTF, at least. For SP, I haven't finished JA yet--it's fun, but there's no sense of urgency to keep playing because the story is so weak. JO didn't have a great story, but it did keep my interest a lot better because Kyle Katarn is a great character.

although jk is best out of all of them, i say ja is most fun.

staff/ dual sabers

swoops and taun taunts

biggger levels, outdoors too!!!!!!!!!!

better enemys

cool locations, hoth!!!! vaders castle and so on

charictor creation

better modding capabilitys/twin guns, big levels, better graphics

just about every thing in ja i liked better than jo, only thing i can think of that jo has over ja, is story, way better story

Originally posted by Master William

I did play the removed gamemodes, Amidala (created a game),

So I just want to make sure I understand you, you played those game types by "Create Game" and played against bots? If that is the case, I invite you to play against real people on my server, if you are interested that is. If not, that's fine. But I don't think you can really judge how much fun a game type is until you play against real people (and lots of them) instead of bots. There are several regulars on my server who never played those games or only played against bots. Now that they've experienced the real thing they come to the server mainly to play Holocron or one of the other types.

Archived