Home

Would you play/try this MOD?

Nemios

A long time ago I was developing a MOD which changed the gameplay of JK. Then I found some problems and had little time to fix them, so i quitted.

But now I have new interest in it, 'cause the SP missions are so funny and I'd like to play them with a gameplay similar to JO.

Main features, done ore planned, and their bugs are:

- Different slashes for each direction: done with standard animations, nothing spectacular but better than before

- Saber throw with the returning saber following you: it works in SP, sometimes not in MP

- 3D saber: done but the same of many and many MODs out there

- Force jump like in JO: almost done but when you fall you are not slowed to protect from falling damage so you better have to land!

- Force powers more similar to JO: planned; for heal, persuasion, absorb, protect, lightning there should be no problem. I don't know if I should replace blinding, trow, destruction, deadly sight with something from JA/JO (drain, rage), have to see if JO grip is possible and have to find a place for Force Push (maybe instead of speed); should I change pull?

- 3D models and/or skins are NOT planned. Maybe I could change a bit some weapons. Ideas are wanted.

What do you think? I don't want to make a MOD which totally change the game. JK is great but I'd like to make it "more graeat". What are the features most interesting for you? Are there bugs you think are vital to fix (MP saber throw)? Should I eventually release the MOD? What name should I choose for such a MOD?

Maybe you could call the mod "Vision of the Future." I know that's the title of an EU book, but I think it'd be a good name. Another name could be "The Force of the Future." (since you intend it to be more like JO)

I would keep destruction and deadly sight. There's something indescribably fun (and evil) shooting a ball of destruction from your hand and watching the white armor fly, or making your enemies drop like flies just by looking at them. Maybe a healing dark side power (like drain as you mentioned) would be good. It could be something as simple as giving you health when you grip someone. That way, Light won't have an edge over Dark in SP.

Saber throw and Force Jump sound pretty good. Maybe make Lightning a bit more powerful?

The different saber animations and 3-D lightsaber sound pretty cool. I wouldn't mind having Pull replaced if it means JO style Push.

This is just me, but maybe make the lightsaber so that it can block blaster shots a little better? It doesn't have to be like JO where you can stand there and deflect practically anything as long as it isn't behind you with defense set to 3, but maybe make it so that the blocking "cone" area will ALWAYS block shots. Maybe you could make the blocked shots be more lethal as well. It would put more emphasis on the "Jedi" in "Jedi Knight," if you know what I mean.

These suggestions are from a predominately SP gamer. I do not have MP balancing issues in mind, just how to make SP more enjoyable. (particularly Dark side;) )

This mod sounds really good. From what I hear from you, it sounds like this could give JK a new lease on life. I would love to see a mod like this available for download.

btw, do you need any beta testers for this? (PM me if you do)

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

These suggestions are from a predominately SP gamer. I do not have MP balancing issues in mind, just how to make SP more enjoyable. (particularly Dark side;) )

This mod sounds really good. From what I hear from you, it sounds like this could give JK a new lease on life. I would love to see a mod like this available for download.

btw, do you need any beta testers for this? (PM me if you do)

That's good, I don't know if I'll be able to fix all MP sync problems. But since SP could be so much more fun I'll continue.

I don't know if what I'm doing is enaught for "a new lease of life". If you don't expect a totally new game you'll be fine ;)

Beta testers? Maybe, first I want to complete the force jump and little things. Then I'll send yhe work to whoever wants to try it to beta test while I change the others force powers. Finally I'll send it to Massassi.net

I'll post here the work in progress, thanks for the reply :)

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

You should see about asking the guy that made SBX to see if you can use portions of that mod in yours (like saber trails, maul's saber, long saber, sabercolor hotkey, etc). His site is here.

Already had contacs with him, but I'm not very interested in saber trails and other eye candies. My primary objective is gameplay.

W.I.P.

- Jump, push, pull, seeing, heal, persuasion and absorb are done but I found a problem with jump not restoring at the beginning of levels. Maybe I have already a solution.

- I plan to totally wipe out the targeting system for Force Powers so thought I could transform Blinding in something like Blinding Sight. The doubt is: won't it be too much similar to persuasion? And how can I have a decent control with Force Throw? Should I totally change that power or should I simply launch objects to the first enemy in sight?

Archived