Home

Psycho saber trails

Samus

I think the saber trails that occur when you perform the so-called "kata"-moves and the "dual saber barrier" are ridiculously exagerated. It's almost like a paintbrush spilling coulour all over the screen. It would look so much better if only the usual saber trails occured.

Originally posted by Samus

I think the saber trails that occur when you perform the so-called "kata"-moves and the "dual saber barrier" are ridiculously exagerated. It's almost like a paintbrush spilling coulour all over the screen. It would look so much better if only the usual saber trails occured.

And it would look soooo much better if they would ALWAYS draw

these sabers blades and trairs using same design as in movies...

Originally posted by babywax

Actually, in the movies they don't make a trail when they run, just when they move their hands :rolleyes:

In the movies the saber trail is there always when the saber

moves fast enough... no matter how it moves...

The reason they are there is so that we can tell that someone is doing a Katta, thus we don't walk into someone Kattaing and die thinking they where just doing a normal attack. The reason fore the trail is so we kinda look like a big glowy "thing" and thus, we don't attack/walk into the big glowy "things" so we don't die...

they look good for what they are trying to accomplish, stopping you from running into a spinning doom death katta blade storm....

D_P

Originally posted by Darth_Pnut they look good for what they are trying to accomplish, stopping you from running into a spinning doom death katta blade storm....

Exactly. Besides, they look cool too. Too bad we can't turn the long trails on all the time. (actually, you can, but the trails just use the force distortion effect. Does anyone know how to mod this?)

i've played with saber trails disabled a while back... but the config reverted back to on i dunno why... well... i think that having the trails like the normal swings would be better as default... cuz a kata ca be spotten easily enough without the trails (believe me on this one), but having those massive trails makes them even more obvious... and we all know that the end of a kata leaves you pretty much out in the open.

I dont mind them in.. but i would definetly prefer them out... i for one i think they are ugly that way... but more important, they amper the player's sight... you cannot see your moves clearly nor can you see what the trails cover.

1. I think saber trails looks bad in those special moves

2. I think they look bad also in normal moves (most of the

time... in some Very rare cases when you see them from

some good angle they do look good/ok...)

3. I think saber blades and their "trails" should be made

to look just like in movies... (and since they aren't exactly

same in all movies I think they should be based on those

new episodes...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. I think that dual saber special move (where you make

those sabers fly in circle) should be REMOVED ! (It looks

stupid, its annoying and the whole idea is stupid!)

5. I think those cartwheel moves looks good but all other

ways they are bad... And I think they should be made to

be just good looking moves... (easy to block...) but they

should be free (no force cost)

6. I think those special moves you can make with normal

saber and those you make with dual/staff from crouched

position are ok but i think player should be able to move

just like in SP and player should be able to ABORT those

moves at any point !

6. I think those special moves you can make with normal

saber and those you make with dual/staff from crouched

position are ok but i think player should be able to move

just like in SP and player should be able to ABORT those

moves at any point !

That would totally unbalace the sabers. If you could just pull out of a special at any time in MP, then the specials are essentially free (seeing as you could just jump around waiting for the force to recharge). You could just use it in a fight, and if it started going bad for you, you'd just get out of the move (this would require that the specials attack be nerfed, otherwise the game would be impossible to play).

I think that you probably try to use specials too much, then you get wasted...

you think those are psycho saber trails? turn on fx_freeze 1 and do some saber moves, now those are psycho saber trails.

btw, samus, I think you need a new avatar... not get personal, but that one makes you look stupid; i respect the metroid series(do i have the right samus?) and i think that name needs to be justified. just trying to help, and if you want i can even make you one :cool:

the trails are good, lets you know if you actually pulled off the 'super' move

Just a side note, in the movies the sabres dont look like they're leaving much of a trail when the jedi are just running around because of the speed at which they are moving, and the way the sabre is drawn. Ive made a few movies doing some sabre tests (by drawing a sabre blade onto a long piece of dowel) and you draw the 'blade' over the bit of wood you're using as a prop, but when you're moving the prop fast, it tends to blur across many frames and kind of spread out, making the body of the blade thicker. This gives the illusion of motion blur when you draw the sabre on top. So, it makes sense that the trails are longer when doing a super-move, since you're moving a bit faster...and it looks cool :)

Archived