Home

Hmmm... new look

edlib

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Redwing

We still have broken images...no closed or unread topic icons.

some closed threads have a closed icon and some not

looky:

fab0a5e7.jpg

fab0a5e5.jpg

oh and ..

fab0a5e9.jpg

i know this has been mentioned before.. but i'm sure a little bit pressure would help to fix this faster .. :xp:

thanks to rogue nine for helping to find this out. :)

ps.. screenshots using NS, IE shows up the x-box we all love so much .. :p

Yeah I know, and I already know what the is problem too :\ It's not our fault I've made the buttons and that kinda jazz and Swoosh has uploaded them but for some reason a couple of the forum images get their source from the lucasforums image files instead of aresens. well the only two i've seen that do this are the thread icons (except the poll one) and the closed thread button. The rest that don't show up are because Swoosh isn't able to get the full set of default buttons to upload into the aresen image folder.

Originally posted by Lynk Former

.. it's upto Swoosh now I guess...

gimme a S, gimme a W, gimme an O, gimme an O, gimme a S, gimme a H

SSSSSSWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHH!!!!

*jumps up and down and does some nice leg tricks wearing a whoooo cheerleader dress*

GO SWOOSH GO, GO SWOOSH GO

SWOOSHY SWOOSHY SWOOOOSHIIEEEEEEE

:D:D

*runs*

A couple of other things to bug you about Swoosh...

First: It seems some of the images (the thread icons except the poll icon and the close button) seem to be sourced to the lucasforums.com images while the rest of the images are sourced from the roguesquadron.net images. I also find it really strange that the only thread icon that's sourced from the roguesquadron.net images is the poll icon.

For those of you who don't know what i'm talkin about, the orange thread icons you usually see should be blue now... and the Closed Thread button should be the new style that we have now instead of the default style.

I haven't worked with vB that much so I don't really know what that is like that but it just seems very strange to me...

Second: Would we be able to get rid of those side two adverts and center the forum? I like the way the Star Wars Galaxies forum has it's adverts set out. Just that at 1024x768 everything looks perfect, but then at 800x600 all of the page doesn't fit in and at any resolution above 1024x768 the forum is scooched over to one side...

i talked to swoosh about the ads when he was implementing the design and he didn't feel comfortable making changes to them.

the missing images are simply not uploaded to the rsn ftp area. they are pointing to images that aren't there, hence the red x.

if i was at home, i would take care of it.

we need dot_hotlockfolder.gif to be copied over.

Yeah, I'm not the one to discuss the ads with. It's not really my choice on the ads since they are what keep these forums running afterall. I don't think you'd find much support in having them removed simply for aesthetic purposes.

If you guys want, give me a list of images that comptinue to be broken (the file names) and I will put those up. Maybe we can solve the problems that way.

Swoosh

Archived