Home

What I think of the Kicks from JK2

Master William

Originally posted by GreenSmoke

excuse me but kicking is lame and noobish y don't u learn something skillful like 3-hit red combo (i can do them all!)

Yeah I know but I'm a noob/lamer and can only use kicks because my skillz don't let me do anything else. :(

PLZ LET ME B UR PADAWAN O GR8 JEDI MASTUR!!!!1111oneonetwofive

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who are adamantly opposed to kicks did not like them for one simple reason:

There was no auto block system to save your ass when you made a stupid mistake.

Kicks could be avoided and prevented quite easily, but all defensive moves implemented to stop them had to be done manually.

You had to constantly watch your position in relation to your opponents, you had to judge range, you had to rely on quick reflexes to roll/duck/side step, you had to know when to use force push to throw off their incoming attack, and many more things that all had to be done manually.

And even then, to master those defensive tactics, you had to do the one thing no one likes:

Practice, practice, practice.

You say you “hate it when I’m trying to saber a guy and he keeps kicking me”?

Well, trying using your brain for a change, don’t stand there and do a heavy triple and give him 3 more chances to kick you if he’s obviously not going to engage you with a saber.

Feint in with a single swing, back step and let him land on a light stance lunge once he initiates his kick attempt.

(I’m talking duels where it’s NF w/ kicks).

The amount of “I hate kick lamers” people I encountered in Outcast who had even the slightest hint of game play knowledge was non existent.

The move frustrated you because you simply never learned the proper counters, so you have no one to blame for your shortcomings but yourself.

My big gripe with kick was that it did more than or as mcuh damage as a regular saber, dealt direct damage to the body, and was easily spammed. The fact was that in JO, if a red swing and a kick met, the swinger would be knocked back and take 20 damage, while the kicker took no damage and was on his feet.

Originally posted by boinga1

My big gripe with kick was that it did more than or as mcuh damage as a regular saber, dealt direct damage to the body, and was easily spammed. The fact was that in JO, if a red swing and a kick met, the swinger would be knocked back and take 20 damage, while the kicker took no damage and was on his feet.

Maybe you did not swing your saber worth a damn?

Ever consider that?

What pyro (greensmoke) just said about "play crow" was a reference to a clan mate of mine.

I am a total kick whore, have been since 1.03.

That said, there are people like crow and others who, if you even dare try kicking, you will get sliced in 1/2 every time.

crow is one of those guys who, at times, I am afraid to even try kicks on because I know I will get raped.

They do something many (obviously including yourself) fail to do:

They actually time and plan their swings so the kicker takes maximum damage if he tries to “kick through the swing”.

To acquire this ability so many of you seem to never have gotten down, one must study both the saber system and the kick mechanics and learn where and when to place those swings so the kick ends up being suicide.

There were plenty of players like crow who actually WANT you to try a kick; they actually base their game plan around it.

They “leave themselves open” and just wait for you to take the bait.

Once you try that pull+kick… slice right in half and the match is over.

But again, this all comes back to practice, practice, practice.

Something I know a lot of you never had much of judging by the newbie like “I hate kick spammers” nonsense.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived