Home

What I think of the Kicks from JK2

Master William

Well the whole "am-laming" thing is only a problem if you join servers running those stupid admin mods and Jedi Mod clones.

Kick can be avoided in sabers only play it just takes timing and skill (I have a few demos showing people countering kicks for example on Outcast Strategy... .see my sig below and go to the Jedi Outcast section).

That's a good idea guys, instead of taunting each other on the forums, why don't you settle this in the game? =)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kurgan

Well the whole "am-laming" thing is only a problem if you join servers running those stupid admin mods and Jedi Mod clones.

Kick can be avoided in sabers only play it just takes timing and skill (I have a few demos showing people countering kicks for example on Outcast Strategy... .see my sig below and go to the Jedi Outcast section).

That's a good idea guys, instead of taunting each other on the forums, why don't you settle this in the game? =)

i'll be glad to settle it ingame. just waiting on him to walk the walk just like he talks the talk...

lets go Master William. show us how good you are.

/edit: if you actually nut up and play then you will recieve a lot less flak. your choice.

Originally posted by Master William

Remember the kicks that people went around spamming, constantly annoying each other?

I just played JK2, and I was pissed as heck. People run around kick me, when I try to kick them I end up missing because they simply use /amsit exactly when I'm supposed to kick them.

haha that's academy mod's problem /amsit yay

see why we hate it

Yeah okay so it screws up the whole game but think of all the good things /amsitting gives us:

First:

you can sit down and look really cool just like Yoda when he was sitting and meditating in teh movies.

Second:

ummm.... umm....uh, well so what if there's nothing else than looking cool! You can't possibly tell me it's not worth it! /amsitting is teh skillz!

:rolleyes:

Personally I think you should be able to kick with every saber type

I disagree. The saberstaff has fewer swing variations than the other two, and the two main special moves don't allow for free movement during them and are extremely susceptible to attack. The melee/kick moves balance this out. If all the types were given this ability, it would seriously nerf the staff stance and lessen it's attraction.

I don't think the kick should be changed, nor should the JK2 kick be added. Sure, I'd love to high speed twirly bird my staff around like a dual saberist, or be able to move in any direction while doing the kata like a single saberist - but I can't. What I can do is kick that smirk off your face though...

:p

-----

ps. Master William... play these guys or you're never going to hear the end of it around here. Win or lose, make a good show of it. If you lose, nobody will think less of you seeing the demo; but you're guaranteed that everyone will think less of you if you back out of the challenge.

Comm539 and g//plaZma... answering his question with "no offence, but you're obviously a poor player" and then continually insulting him though he didn't insult back simply isn't cool. So no offense, but I hope he wipes the floor with you.

Originally posted by Akshara

I disagree. The saberstaff has fewer swing variations than the other two, and the two main special moves don't allow for free movement during them and are extremely susceptible to attack. The melee/kick moves balance this out. If all the types were given this ability, it would seriously nerf the staff stance and lessen it's attraction.

Are you implying that the staff kick is not totally and utterly useless? Are you saying that you've actually gained an advantage after you kicked someone?? :eek::confused:

No, this is not sarcasm.

One thing you can always count on in this "gaming community", is a good old fashioned retarded argument about who owns, pawns, honererz, is l33ts, or something else along those very stupid and horribly misspelled wrong lines. Keep it coming nOObS, or haxxorz or whatever it is you call yourselves these days. Nerf, Ghey, teh skillz, wOOt. Wow. I feel very cool having said all that garbage.

Are you implying that the staff kick is not totally and utterly useless? Are you saying that you've actually gained an advantage after you kicked someone??

Actually yeah... kicks are great. You leap forward or to the side and they think you're gonna butterfly, and then kick them right in the head. All the kicks cut right through shields, plus they have a powerful demoralizing effect. Who wants to be kicked on their butt right before they do their killa move? Get's them flustered just enough to maybe give you the edge depending on their personality type. Jumping over someone's special or kata and kicking them from behind is nice. I've also pinned many to the ground afterwards with the staff, which is generally an immediate kill. And of course, there's nothing like kicking someone off of a ledge when they least expect it.

And that's kinda the thing the way it stands... kick is the least expected move at any given moment, and that's it's power. If everybody did it all the time, it wouldn't have the same effect.

But then of course, there's the even more rarely seen Hilt Bash...

Originally posted by Akshara

ps. Master William... play these guys or you're never going to hear the end of it around here. Win or lose, make a good show of it. If you lose, nobody will think less of you seeing the demo; but you're guaranteed that everyone will think less of you if you back out of the challenge.

Comm539 and g//plaZma... answering his question with "no offence, but you're obviously a poor player" and then continually insulting him though he didn't insult back simply isn't cool. So no offense, but I hope he wipes the floor with you.

lol how did I insult him other than telling him he's obviously not very good? His arguments about kick showed it.

You can take a screenshot of the ending round to see who gained most score, we can play like 2 maps if you want.

And Kurgan please do something about these immature kids who went ''cluck cluck'' and ''master william is an afraid noob''

You people are acting like cavemen who gather around two men who are going to fight.

I'll send you a PM when we can battle (hopefully you'll be online)

And Kurgan please do something about these immature kids who went ''cluck cluck'' and ''master william is an afraid noob''

you're playing in the realm of the competitive players. cluck cluck and jeu r teh afraid!@$ are liek saying hello.

YOu could simply move backwards. A ptk usually then would only hit a pt. and u can easily drain that back. The best way to counter kicks, is just to be really fast at strafe jumping and drain smart. Or u can simply be a better kicker and let them apporach u and back off and kick them after they miss.

These people arent even worth talking to. Its like "OMG OMG THAT SEEKING ROCKET LAUNCHER OWNS ME!!111 PLEASE REMOVE"

While your at it why not ask to remove, push, pull, lightening, grip, sabers, throw speed, drain, absorb, heal, protect and anything else that may own you. Basically, you cant handle an aspect of the game because your not good enough to learn or counter these moves. Please stfd and stfu until you can grasp the concept. Good Fight.

What I'm talking is about how 90%

of the duels consist of kicking instead of using your saber.

Good Fight, mr-trying-to-be-funny

This is just how the game is played, and how Raven made it. Quoting the incredibly stupid posts from about a month ago on JA FF/SO CTF, "adapt to the game."

What I'm talking is about how 90%

of the duels consist of kicking instead of using your saber.

Good Fight, mr-trying-to-be-funny

Welcome to ff duelling Mr William. If you dont want kicks, go to the vast (or not so vast) world of nf duelling. If you want ff, learn how to kick/counter kick/defend yourself. Its like saying "hey, people are owning me with a stun baton." Kicks are a part of ff duels...you obviously arent good enough to deal with them (or you wouldnt be crying about them), so expect duellers to exploit your obvious innabilities to win. Good Fight.

btw Mr Sith, please dont kick me or hit me while i'm chatting to my jedi mates! Cant you see i got teh chatbox up?!!!111oneone

Archived