Home

Jade Skin - Hook me up will ya !

Astrotoy7

I have read by many posters how the Perretti Jade skin is a great rendering of MoTs era jade. I have seen a screenie and it does look great....

I have gone onto a couple of sites, either cant find it, or its a broken link :(

I am a HUGE jade fan and would love to get my hand on this skin, has anyone got a working link ??!!

Any help would be much appreciated.....

MTFBWYA

Spetsnaz said

for some reason cant seem to get in

Yep, that was the first place I went.....I guess they're down..... I'll keep tabs on it...

Thanks anyway !!

ig64 ! aka 'The Cheat Master'

is this a clue as to why you want that skin?

Sorta. Jade is my favourite female character in the EU, and *not* just cause she is a babe ;) Why she shacked up with a DWEEB liek Skywalker is far beyond me........

Hey ig64... I recently re-read the 'Tales of The Bounty Hunters' book, great stuff, especially the ig88 story. He really had it in for Fett didnt he ! Did you ever see the Decipher card of his ship, ig2000, ultra cool !

MTFBWYA

lol :p

ig88 would have ruled the galaxy if it wasn't for wedge, lando, and the mexican alien guy...:disaprove

that was a good idea... hmm...

and no i haven't seen the card but i used to have a micro machine of it :)

P.S. if your toaster starts attacking you, think of me ;)

I hate double posts - I promptly got rid of the second one !

Why can't any of you kids spell "WEIRD" right !

that was wierd... wierd master

Man, if that sticks I'm gonna cry...high school was bad enough :D

ig64, speaking of weird

and the mexican alien guy...

I guess you are referring to Nien Nunb, the sullustan ?? (Lando's copilot in ROTJ)

ok ig64, here's a mini treat for you, just in case you have never seen them, follow these links, pretty cool...

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/enhancedcloudcity/dark/large/ig88withriotgun.html

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/enhancedjabbaspalace/dark/large/ig88inig2000.html

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/dagobah/dark/large/ig2000.html

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/dagobah/dark/large/ig88sneuralinhibitor.html

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/dagobah/dark/large/ig88.html

MTFBWYA

ok ig64 - according to your naming system, what would you call my beloved Jade......

here's one...

unfortunately married purple lightsaber lady

BTW - jediknightii.net is still giving me grief on the Jade skin :(

Does anyone have it/know anyone that does, they could just email it to me !!!

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

BTW - jediknightii.net is still giving me grief on the Jade skin :(

Does anyone have it/know anyone that does, they could just email it to me !!!

Well, I don't believe jediknightII.net still exists... with JA out I believe the site ported over to jediknight.net - I could be wrong though, but it would explain alot.

And jediknight.net uses lucasfiles. :xp:

I have the original zip file, but it is 8mb so email is out of the question for me... If someone has some place or ftp I can upload it to, that wouldn't be a problem.

Actually I'm a little po'ed at the moment because my hosted site is on the JK2.net server. Nobody has been able to tell me what's going on with it. I assume it was a dns change or some server work going on.

Thankfully though I have a backup of the entire site on my hard drive.

I have used the Mara Jade skin you're talking about. It's nice, but it has some "cracks" in the polygons (at the knee joints and on the arms) that are really noticable both in JK2 and JA, even at the highest graphical settings.

Dunno if this is a flaw in my video card or what, but it prevents a good skin from being great.

For anyone that happens across this and is really interested in a great mara model. go to jk2files and find "marabot2.0" great MOTS mara skin, full bot support, works great in JA, no cracks or flaws as mentioned above for teh peretta skin. If anyone is still interested in peretta's jade, I believe he lurks at AOTCTC nowadays....

Thanks to all that offered advice :)

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Kurgan

I have used the Mara Jade skin you're talking about. It's nice, but it has some "cracks" in the polygons (at the knee joints and on the arms) that are really noticable both in JK2 and JA, even at the highest graphical settings.

Dunno if this is a flaw in my video card or what, but it prevents a good skin from being great.

Actually, although I've heard of that problem from others, I have absolutely no problem with the model, and I've used it as a Jaden model, in all cutscenes, it looks just fine.

But yeah, it is far from a perfect model, for one, the mentioned bugs (which I don't actually notice), but also, there are no togglable surfaces, and the way to model is, makes it hard to make any custom skins off of it - which is sad, since it's the only female human model that doesn't have hair tied back. :(

Archived