Home

WIP: Duality -- Sith Terminator

Manquesa

I wasn't sure if I should post a WIP about this model or not, but now that got the skin for this model almost done and rendered it in Max, I just gotta show it off.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/manquesa/vwp?.dir=/sith_terminator&.dnm=st1.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/manquesa/vwp?.dir=/sith_terminator&.dnm=st2.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/manquesa/vwp?.dir=/sith_terminator&.dnm=st3.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

This model WILL be FLYABLE.

Since releasing my static, non-flyable Awing a few days ago I looked into the whole flyable model thing and with the help of Duncans new tutorial I have gotten both the Awing and this model in game and was flying them around the KOTOR_FLIGHT_SCHOOL map.

I still got a lot of work to do though. I'm trying to get the weapons right and I need to figure how and where I can edit the exhausts. Also i'd like to figure out how to animate the landing gear so that it folds up at take off.

Oh yeah, i'm also gonna be releasing a flyable version of the Awing. Hopefully will release both at same time

I got a little request for anyone who could help me out.

I need somebody to make me a custom HUD for this thing. Not necessarily the entire HUD but at least the part in the lower left corner, I guess it's the shield display. And maybe even a custom reticle too. As you can see in the pics above, I was using the x-wing HUD, but i've since switched to the tie fighter HUD as it's a better match, but this thing really needs it's own.

I could also use the same for my Awing model. And if anyone knows how to make custom effects, I need a custom exhaust to use on the Awing to get that yellow glow for the 2 main engines. But then there's also the 4 smaller engines in the middle, I don't know if you can assign more than one exhaust to a ship or not, so I don't know how that'd work

Okay, I watched the movie again and saw how the exhausts are supposed to be. And since apparently nobody is gonna help me with what I had asked in my post above, I went ahead a figured out how to do it all myself.

For the custom exhaust, I just opened up the effects editor, loaded up the exhaust from the tie fighter and edited the settings to make it red and bigger in size. I'll be able to do the same for the Awing whenever I get back to working on that. I may look into editing some of the weapons effects too, to make custom weapons for this thing.

For the custom shield display, I made it using photoshop, buy my skills with that aren't great so it doesn't look as great as it could. It's too big and not centered so I need to fix that. I guess i'll come up with a custom reticle as well.

Anyway, here's the latest pics, the first is with normal exhaust, and the second is the exhaust_turbo (when you press the boost button)

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/manquesa/vwp?.dir=/sith_terminator&.dnm=shot0012.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/manquesa/vwp?.dir=/sith_terminator&.dnm=shot0016.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

If you wanna give it a shot, that'd be great. Like I said my skills in photoshop suck.

For the shield display, all you need to do is make it white with a transparent background, the game will change the color of it automatically depending on how much damage your taking. Just go to base/gfx/menus/radar/ and look at the current files for some of the existing ships for examples. They need to be .tga's and 128 X 128. You need 4, for me name them:

st_right.tga

st_left.tga

st_front.tga

st_back.tga

Then there's a 5th wich is all of those put together (the whole ship), but sized 32 X 32. I think that one is used for seige maps, it's how the ship will appear in the radar in the top right of the screen. That one should just be:

st.tga

Also, if you wanna come up with a custom design for a reticle (the cross hair like thing in the middle of the screen) you can do that too. It should be done the same way, a .tga, white with transparent background. I'm not sure aboout the size though, you'll have to look at some of the current ones for that.

I won't promise you i'll use em, but chances are your skills are better than mine in that department so we'll see.

Thanks

ok...I've looked at the other ships radar things...and they'reall white? is it just supposed to be all white or what? or do I draw it in white?

and I was just thinking of using Mod Veiw and veiwingthe model as a wire frame and copy and pasting those parts in, and yeah. but I could try I suppose ; P

and about the reticle, how many lazer cannons does this ship have?

yeah, like I said before the .tga's are white with a transparent background.

here's a pic to use as reference:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/manquesa/vwp?.dir=/sith_terminator&.dnm=wireframe_top-view.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

As for the other question, this ship is set up with 4 laser cannons, and 2 torpedo cannons, similar to the x-wing though this ship has no visible weapons on it. I made it so they come out of the opening in the front part of the wings.

Thanks for your help man, can't wait to see what you come up with

Hey RaSiN_HeCk , I got files you sent me, good job. I have no pics to show of it yet, but I think I can use em, just gotta get out all of the black background and make it transparent. Are you gonna do the reticle too or not, let me know cause this things just about ready for release. You'll definitely get credit in the readme for your work, thanks.

I finally got the animated landing gear working. However the landing gear still doesn't show when I initially spawn the vehicle. But if I fly the ship, then land it, the landing gear comes down and stays down even after I get out of the ship, and it goes back up at take off, it's just at initial spawning that it won't show the landing gear. Does anybody have an idea why?

Here's how I have my animation.cfg file setup:

BOTH_GEARS_OPEN     	0	15	-1	-20
BOTH_GEARS_CLOSE    	0	15	-1	20
BOTH_VS_IDLE        	14	1	-1	-20
ROOT                	15	2	-1	20

Oh and for some reason it seems my animations are working backward, you can see in the code above that the framespeed is set at -20 when it would normally be 20 and vice versa. When I had it set up the default way the landing gear would be down when i'm flying and up when i'm landed. That's why I reversed it.

Anyway, all I got left to do now is figure the rest of this animation thing out, change some of the sounds, fix the height position of the model as now that I have the landing gear I see that it's floating a little too high off the ground, and get the reticle and shield display setup. So if not tonight, then hopefully by tommorow i'll have this thing ready for release.

Nevermind about all the problems i've been having. I finally got it all worked out. This thing is done. All that' left to do is the custom reticle. I'm gonna wait a little while longer to see if RaSiN_HeCk is doing it, if not then either i'll try to make one or i'll just pick one from the game to use. Either way I plan to release this thing either tonight or tommorow.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/manquesa/vwp?.dir=/sith_terminator&.dnm=shot0019.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

Archived