Home

r_we

Samuel Dravis

I've noticed that the cheat servers never use this command. It adds a lot of atmosphere to MP (running around in the rain, trying to avoid sith :jawa:'s :) ) I think Kurgan could let the meatgrinder be exposed to the elements as a test of whether people like it or not. You can also turn on the acid rain (without the rain effect) - which would be good for servers not wanting people just standing around chatting. Does anyone else like weather in MP?

Speaking of r_we, I have noticed that once I have activated the effect (say, rain), I can never stop it.

Using r_we rain remove doesn't help one bit...

Any ideas?

This is SP... sorry about going off topic, but since this is about r_we...

WJTW

Thanks for your help, SamFisher!

Anyway, I was wondering if you're aware of any method of altering the intensity, area, etc of the weather effects through the console?

Oh, also, what are the available weather effects? They list them when I type "r_we", but some parts have been covered. Anyone has a complete list?

Thanks,

WJTW

It works, but only in a small section around players on the server. I think it needs to have .weather file for it to work properly, but it looks like its compiled...

I tried it on a duel map (mp/duel1) and the weather worked fine. I haven't been able to test them all, but duel1 is only one that works so far.

maybe the cheat only affects your pc. Anyways, it would be a lot better if you just made your own map, and put rain in it. Remember, you really cant change the architecture, or FXFiles without making a new map. You could however (possibly) change the textures... but why would you want to? Rain is a "Special effect" type thingy. For those that can map, make your room, load up the system textures, draw a big box in the room (as big as you want it to rain, EX: If you want it to rain in half of the room, only fill half of the romm with this brush) give the brush the outdoors texture (I think) Then just put the rain entity inside. Then youll have rain.

As you can see, it really is impossible to have proper rain in mp, with out the map making it. Plus, i think it could lag.......

Other people cannot see the weather effect. I turned on snow, and my friend kept asking me ''what snow??''.

My brother and I played over our LAN, and he saw it...strange.:confused:

You're probably right, luke. People need to make maps with weather effects in them. I would if I could, but I don't know how, and am too busy with ConfigEd 1.0.

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

I tried it on a duel map (mp/duel1) and the weather worked fine. I haven't been able to test them all, but duel1 is only one that works so far.

funny. it told me there were no weather zones (or something to that effect) and nothing changed.

That error comes up whenever you do it on a map that doesn't already have weather on it (those without a .weather file attached). It says that to me, and it still works....

Also, I'm launching the game from a shortcut on my desktop. The path is

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\Gamedata\jamp.exe" devmapall mp/duel1

thanks for the tip, I had no idea about weather controls and it might be helpful on some upcoming projects. (hint hint). Anyway, when I was testing it, it worked fine with the first ctf map I used, but if I changed the map to a different one, it quit working. I even changed to ctf hoth map which has snow by default and it was still clear.

Archived