Home

Can hosts use the force in a no force server?

Remirol Nacnud

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess you're right, Kurgan. But empowering can be good if you want to share your admin power with somebody, but it annoys me when there is 10 admins at one server, then it's a 100% chance you will get /amslapped for nothing.

The only really commands I care about are Kick, Ban, Freeze, Silence, and... Nothing more. The others, like /ambunny, is just when I'm playing with a friend, and we both have a great laugh at it. I actually consider the rest of the admin functions to be for ''fun'' mostly, not for use in admin. It does get fun though, but as you said, better make the death (meaning kick) quick, rather than torturing (/amslapping) the person.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Gummelt on this. The code for this is just a logic system, and in this case is probably something like

if (g_forcepowersdisabled != 0)
{
   Com_Printf("Force Powers Disabled\n");
}

That's really bad code, but good enough for a forum posting. If I recall, weapon and force disabling is an 'and'ish deal, with excellent savings on cvars across the board.

It's possible for a mod to give you more descriptive output than that, but it could get annoying to do such a thing - ie, not worth the effort.

Still, it's a bit of polish, and I'll do it for my mod.

*waits for Rads big flame post*

I hope you're still holding your breath, I'd like to see you suffer from entropy.

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

I'm guessing you saw the "Force Powers Disabled" message on the loading screen, but that message shows up for *all* force powers being disabled, or just a few (so you can still have jump and saberthrow, etc.)

Just the other nite I was paying a visit to the SGN server (just before the mysterious 1.01 patch was released), in which two of the administrators were using grip. However, it was base JA, and all powers were disabled except Jump, Saber Offense, Saber Defense, and Speed.

I'm going to have to echo Luc's sentiments: Oh great, there's a built in empower command... *eyeroll*

Empower was probably the primary pisser offer of anyone, Saberist Code or Anti-Saberist Code. It was a cheat, plain and simple. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. That quote holds true for the empower command, because it sure as hell was not used for "enforcement" purposes.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

Empower was probably the primary pisser offer of anyone, Saberist Code or Anti-Saberist Code. It was a cheat, plain and simple. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. That quote holds true for the empower command, because it sure as hell was not used for "enforcement" purposes.

That's why I never enabled it on my servers, along with disabling teleport, terminator, punish, slap, tickle, noogie, wedgie, and all the other insulting and abusive admin powers.

Thanks for the confirmation Mike.

Amidala, you are my hero (or heroine rather)!

Master William (good to see you on my server last night btw):

I guess you're right, Kurgan. But empowering can be good if you want to share your admin power with somebody, but it annoys me when there is 10 admins at one server, then it's a 100% chance you will get /amslapped for nothing.

The thing is you don't need to "empower" to share power, you can already privately give people your admin password to let them have the same banning/kick powers as you.

The "empowering" normally done with these admin mods simply soupes up the force powers of those players or gives them cheat-like abilities. Those are just stupid and pointless. It's basically saying "well my friends and I can cheat because we're gods, but the rest of you are just our playthings, hahahaha"

; p

Well your welcome to come to my server we also have force, you don't like the rules that we tell you (we don't grip padawans that don't know what they're doing) Then my dear friend you can leave, we know how to kikc and ban and we don't mind doing it, however theres a certain problem called our ban files size limit, we can't make it that big so if we just make lamers so angry they never return...

Empower was usefull when you didn't want others to have am access

im sure some of you remember the Hyper-stream servers for jk2 or the [sinisteR] public server for jka, maybe sgn who we have quiet good relations with (they worked with me on hs server)

point is its going to happen wether you currently like it or not.....

So you can do what? heres an idea! use that little thing called /disconnect..

People didn't think of that did they........

As i say many a time, theres no man with a gun at your head.

You obviously haven't seen Fallen and Unnamed's footage of nailing admin mod servers by the balls.

Empower was a power-trip admin command, and anyone who doesn't have their head up their ass knows about it. It wasn't effective, it was an excuse for the pissant admins to become the "lamer" they so abhor.

There's no such thing as pissing us off. There is such a thing known as persistance, however. That's right, those of us who know how to cause chaos know all the tricks in the book, and in the end is you who gets pissed off (or at least are reduced to the level of whining crybabies), not us.

So to be rather straight forward, you can take your "find another server" argument so guised by sarcasm and shove it.

comet please follow these steps to rid yourself of lamers forever:

/quit

/uninstall

have all your buddies do the same and have each and every one of you take an oath to not install the game ever again, lest you garner the wrath of my AT-ST.

really, interesting, does it not waste your time? and of course i could just add your ip and ban it if i liked. We don't get angry 4 years of admining kinda heps make you not care. we are imparshial and do only what we're ordered to

Im sorry if you have a bad history with other servers but that them and not us you seem to think all that use these mods are the apitimy of evil. They're not some of us are just trying to keep the server nice the rules re currently on my server: Do not attack chatting or defenclesss players, Do not get in the way of duels or you will be removed by force and last Do not say any foul / insulting language

now we take those in serious of order, so we wont kick you for swearing unless it is something racist of sexist.

I fail to see how it benefits lamers to spend their time in our server getting no where (and swearing alot and cursing so much its obvious they are so angry their heads ready to explode)

You may know all the tricks of the trade but so does the admin staff at the other end, well in some cases anyway.

SR^ComeT.

The trick with the force is that you must make a script which will let you change the force without restarting the game :D When u do that change it for short and take it, after that change it back to disabled and dont go in the profile animore and u wont lose the force when u die.

P.S.: Im admin at the TnG server, and we warn ppl to leave us allone but they are just crazy when they see a *A* in your name. They start atacking you like mad. Its easyer to grip em and throw em in a hole instead of opening up the console, writing status, finding the player on a 24slot server and then kicking him just to see him back in 10 seconds! Its not our fault that some ppl dont read the rules when we write them as server. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Comet

Im sorry if you have a bad history with other servers but that them and not us you seem to think all that use these mods are the apitimy of evil. They're not some of us are just trying to keep the server nice the rules re currently on my server: Do not attack chatting or defenclesss players, Do not get in the way of duels or you will be removed by force and last Do not say any foul / insulting language

no you're not.

I fail to see how it benefits lamers to spend their time in our server getting no where (and swearing alot and cursing so much its obvious they are so angry their heads ready to explode)

You may know all the tricks of the trade but so does the admin staff at the other end, well in some cases anyway.

where are we going? is there a destination? i always thought that these maps had limits and they had one of four goals:

1. cap the flag

2. kill the other team

3. kill your opponent

4. win the map

as for getting angry, only nubs will get angry at you, as the better players would kick your ass from here to next year while you are empowered with ease.

bit hard when you cant get on the server no? and actually i am cos they give us bad names make us look like the bad people which starts these sort of conversations. theres plenty of other games you like why not go to them?

Second don't tell me what i feel and don't feel your not me and your not a mind reader

last yes those are the things we are a duel server we encourage fighting of course but we also encourage having a good time as a clan. How would you feel if chosen one didn't mod or do anything for jka again? (inventor of jedi academy mods)

You wouldn't have some of your skins or maps or mods he puts work into stuff like forcemod to im told, you wouldn't have much fun without those ones "with thier heads up their asses"

your not a mind reader

How do you know, you aren't me.

How would you feel if chosen one didn't mod or do anything for jka again? (inventor of jedi academy mods)

You wouldn't have some of your skins or maps or mods he puts work into stuff like forcemod to im told, you wouldn't have much fun without those ones "with thier heads up their asses"

i would jump for joy if he didn't release his mod.

skins and maps that he made? wup ti ****ing do. didn't use the maps more than once and the skins i could care less about. hell i could care less if the default character for ja was a wookiee in a pink leotard that prances instead of runs.

forcemod wup-ti-do again.

as for going around raging newbs like yourself into hyperventilation over a computer game, while that was VERY entertaining, it was hardly the bread and butter of our jk2 experience.

and again we could care less about his pos mod. the competitive community has at least three ready to be developed that focus around improving gameplay instead of adding emotes and giving 12 year old admins enough power over others in servers that they could nut themselves over it instead of hot women in playboy.

First of all, run your posts through a spell/grammar check before I invoke the Grammar Crusade card, because attempting to read the stuff you are spewing is downright deplorable.

You obviously don't understand ban evasion, especially since JA does not ban by CD; it does by IP. Why do you think most of us in the "lamer" crowd have some sort of "reset" button?

Kind of hard to ban us when you can't get it to stick, huh?

Reverse logic is a bitch, isn't it?

I play base JK/JA, not that overhyped admin garbage. The last well done game alterating mod was ProMod, hands down (and MotF was off to a good start as well). Also, skins, maps... Meh, why exactly should we care? Considering I'm now a heavy Counter-Strike player, and CAL does not allow custom skins/maps/etc, you see where I'm going with this?

If you don't, and I don't doubt that for a second, it means who cares about custom maps, or things of the like? A good majority of JKII's custom maps were more of a snorefest then anything. I thought Counter-Strike's camping could put me to sleep, but damn, you people obviously take the cake.

How would I feel if Chosen didn't do anything for JKA? Being straightforward again, good. VAM, Jedi Academy, etc were the downfall of JKII. Good f***ing riddance.

Kick on site rules, you can connect but you wouldn't get any further than the loading map, or we remove the last bit of your ip, may ruin it for a rundred or so people in your area but it would ban you.

Can't kick what you can't see.

Do I need to hint at the "reset" button again?

O NO HE PUT A PASWORD ON HIS SERVAR!11!11!!!!1!11 WTF LOL WUT SHAL WA DO??!?!?!? WTF LOL

oh well, 400 other servers to play on.

and yeah, you will be laughing at us while we play on other servers, while we laugh at your much less active server, and laugh more when you take the pw off and we rape you again.

Oh noes! Teh password card haev ben pulld! Pplz lievs r @ steak!!111one

Seriously... Last time someone (not naming names) decided to start creating an exclusive "PW only" server out of a pub, it failed drastically. Activity dropped big time, only resulting in loss of money out of pocket.

So as a whole, we get to point and laugh at wasted monetary value going towards a server no one will play on because they CAN'T get access to it (unlike the Master Server list bug).

I consider this checkmate.

It's called relieving stress genius.

I love the grammer crusade card, post it please, please....gimmie...gimmie..I need...I need.

(can't believe I missed this thread, please don't close it.)

eniaC

P.S. I can read minds, maybe if you could you would now that.

"Feels good to be bad" (sometimes)

*EDIT*(don't get me wrong, I hate rascism and sexism (sp?) , ALOT,) , its just fun to wreak havoc sometimes by chat, saber down killing, just for a break from the norm, if your server gets chosen..and I get banned...so be it...there's a few more servers out there to play on. Like FK|Unammed said "nice way to welcome new players".

really, interesting, does it not waste your time? and of course i could just add your ip and ban it if i liked. We don't get angry 4 years of admining kinda heps make you not care. we are imparshial and do only what we're ordered to

now we take those in serious of order, so we wont kick you for swearing unless it is something racist of sexist.

SR^ComeT.

OMG, please bookmark these pages ASAP!:

http://www.dictionary.com

http://www.hookedonphonics.com

Archived