Home

US Army soldier's fake letter home

TheJackal

Yeah, I agree that it wasn't the brightest idea for the commander to do this...but I understand his frustration about the messages that the media here has been forcing down our throats.

The only thing reported on here is the negative (the bombings, etc.). No one cares about the positive aspects because those don't sell papers and it would go against the media's agenda.

If any of you guys have HDNet, they have a series that has been running in which they have cameramen follow around an average soldier in Iraq. I was pretty amazed with the shows because I think that's as close as we can get to getting the real story...which many people would find surprising.

Swoosh

nope sorry.

i herd of these letters a while ago when i skip pass CNN on TV. But I didn't really hear anything on American News.

As for Domo-Kun,

The US Embassador to Canada feels like his duty to insult our government every chance he gets. He is practicly telling us to stop spending on social programs and etc. Apparently he's insulted that we have better school and health services than his. :p

BTW, I cant stop linking this whenever i can

Ouch. I know the government has to keep some things secret, (such as military intelligence) but to lie and decieve the American public is going too far. Seems like Vietnam, where the commanders told the public that the war was going well and the enemy was almost beaten. The Tet offensive proved them wrong, just as Iraqui guerrilla resistance is proving Bush's premature declaration of victory wrong. They say history repeats themself, and I think they're right.

It's interesting that it's never been mentioned in American news. It's like they're still trying to decieve us.

well remember the election scandel in Florida?

To discover there is something even MORE deeply troubling is going on. (involving Jeb Bush and the screening of a huge majority of voters) You would have to live outside the USA (like the UK) since no single american news station reported this.

This is why i strongly support publicly owned news stations are important (ie: CBC, BBC, etc)

Just another thing to give people a false aspect of the iraqis looking at american soldiers as heroes...

the patriotism is sickingly strong... :(

That's my opinion... I hope no americans in this forum takes any offence, since they hopefully never had anything to do with what the media gets to know about the war ;)

GDI I hate propogranda letters... Why the **** do they have to brainwash the world to get their point across... Can't they do it the real way? Ya know with the honesty... I mean who'd believe that iraqi people after six months of american troops killing civilians would come out to thank them?

Archived