Home

ScummVM Quick And Easy 1.3.3

Benny

Boredom is a terrible, terrible thing.

Tremble before the mighty changelog:

• Fixed to work with ScummVM's rearranged command line options
  • (Another) Gui overhaul
  • Labels now act like html links
  • Clicking on a label now clears the relevant option or sets it back to its default setting
  • All editboxes replaced with much friendlier trackbars
  • Checkboxes removed - replaced with html-style links
  • New logo and icon
  • Added check for versions of ScummVM pre-0.5.4 since the command line options changed in 0.5.4
  • Saving of options (writing to ScummVM.ini) is now handled by Quick and Easy, since the -w command line option has been removed from ScummVM
  • Added icons to title bar options
  • Added many new game targets
  • Added High Quality 2x and 3x graphics scalers
  • Added PcJr, PcSpeaker and Fm-Towns sound modes
  • Added joystick selection
  • Added boot parameter selection, with built-in parameters for MI1, MI2, MI3 and Full Throttle
  • Added game platform selection
  • Added master volume selection
  • Renamed 'Auto-Update' to 'Daily Build'
  • Renamed 'Start Room' to 'Boot Param'
  • Renamed 'Write ScummVM.ini' to 'Save Settings'
  • Renamed 'Disable Subtitles' to 'Subtitles' and modified its behaviour accordingly
  • Changed graphics filters to make them local to each game rather than global
  • Changed load game combo box to make it list the saved games present and their internal names
  • Tooltips and hints fixed

The bottom line is, it looks nicer (ooh!) it works with the new daily builds of ScummVM (ahh!) and its more intuitive (gasp!).

I'm sure some of you will find the boot parameters for Full Throttle interesting - alternate stuff and the like. They are built into Q+E so just choose em from the drop-down box.

ScummVM could concievably change its command line options again in the next few weeks so if it does, i'll knock out another release. Ps. this version isnt tested on any computer except mine so theres a small possibility of it crying on windows98/ME.

Oh, I cant update the site from here either so if anyone could do that, that'd be nift-o-rama.

[Edit] Site updated.

Looks fantastic! But I can't get it to work :( I extracted it to my C:\ScummVM directory and it's reading my scummvm.ini and savegames perfectly... any ideas what's wrong?

~ John

Edit: Also, how about a filter that only lists the games you have installed?

Edit edit: When I tried the "daily build" option I get a "floating divide by zero error" (or something) message and then it stops. It only gets a far as the first green bar before it does this.

I'm using XP and ScummVM itself works perfectly...? Thanks!

OK, is this a seperate program, or can LEC Q&E link to it. In other words, when I'm in LEC Q&E and I click on scummvm mode, it only comes up with the old scummvm mode and not the one I downloaded. What do I do, or do I just use it as a seperat program (I mean i'm guessing it does what I want anyway, which is make my games work, but just wondering.) And considering i'm probably not gonna be hearing from benny any time soon, can i get a little help from those that can.

Cuss you all! You didnt read the almighty changelog, all the command line parameters for ScummVM changed in the last week so it'll only work with the latest daily builds.

It appears my previous version checking thingymabob isnt working at full capacity, or at all, oh well.

Thunderpeel: I've no idea why 'daily build' doesnt work for you, as far as I know its never broken for anyone before.

Joshi: 'ScummVM Quick And Easy' and 'Lec Quick And Easy' are seperate programs. To summarise - use ScummVM Quick And Easy the other is out of date, and crap.

To end this confusion I'm killing 'Lec Quick And Easy', there will be 2 main programs - 'ScummVM Quick And Easy' - the frontend for ScummVM and 'VdmSound Quick And Easy' - the frontend for Lec games through VdmSound. The other stuff like the Cmi launchers are already available as seperate programs.

The moral of this story is - choose your names carefully :¬:

VdmSound Quick And Easy is more-or-less done, I just cant be bothered testing it...and packaging it up....and updating the site....and changing the logo. To quote popular community lingo, I am the laze.

Archived