Home

Clone Wars era novels not appealing to you ??

Astrotoy7

I usually jump at the first chance to read the newest SW novel, and usually get them the first week they are out, especially since the NJO(no apologies.... :p)

But I've found that I have been totally disinterested in the prequel/clonewars era novels. The only one I read was rogue planet, I am glad I did now because of the insight it gives into Zonama Sekot... But approaching storm, shatterpoint... theyre just gonna have to wait...

I think, perhaps, that my mind might be blocking them off until I see episode 3, I am STRICTLY SPOILER FREE FOR EP3, so I dont even want to think about that era I guess, to maximise my enjoyment of Ep3.

Plus, the NJO has been quite entertaining, and alot of brain work(!) to keep it all in my mind. I dont think I'd be able to handle dipping in and out of eras quickly :p

I would really like to see a KOTOR era novel, the comics were great, and I cant wait to play the game on PC !

MTFBWYA

StarWarsPhreak

The comics are really good, It gives some new info on a couple of characters that get mentioned in other EU, ( Marka Ragnos, Vodo Siosk-Bass, Exar Kun, and Ulic Qel Droma ) has the first example of a double bladed lightsaber, and explains the orgins of the Massassi(extinxt natives of Yavin 4 who built the temples)

i've read a few of the prequels book, and i like them.

cloak of deception and darth maul : shadow hunter are both great prologues to Ep I and really shed light on events of the movie. the approaching storm is also good and again it leads up to Ep II nicely.

the jedi apprentice/ quest books are entertaining as well, although i have only read a few of those.

for someone like me who hates NJO with a passion, it seems our only option is to go backwards :D

Originally posted by Master_Keralys

It depends on the prequel books. Some of them I liked, others just didn't feel quite right. However, Astrotoy7, you're going to have to read at least 1 prequel: Shatterpoint, by Matthew Stover.

I sure will. I need to finish TUF. then read 'Tatooines Ghost' first. But since Shatterpoint is by Matt Stover...I loved Traitor, so I will check out shatterpoint, hopefully it will be in paperback by then....

MTFBWYA

I'm not as interested in the Clone Wars novels as in the NJO (which ended and I haven't even gotten to TFP yet... stupid waiting line at the library...) But Shatterpoint is literally the best book ever in my opinion. It even beats out Traitor because of the action being more prevalent.

Mace Windu rocks.

Other than that, I'm not as interested either. I've always liked the post-ROTJ era better anyway. Especially the NJO.

Archived