Home

AD - not so dead

Courthold

Sorry to everyone who's been waiting ... and waiting... for AD to return. Basically, here's how everything stands:

I moved to uni in september, and have had limited time until recently to do anything with AD. Me and Erwin had been doing things with a new design / new features before then, and all the work we did is still there.

I personally don't have time anymore to do most of what's required to run all of a site like this. I want to stay and do all the technical things with the site, and manage the hosted sites etc. So if anyone wanted anything doing, you could ask me and I'd get it done fairly soon.

However, I cannot re-open the site until I have a dedicated team of people who are willing to contribute 95% of the content (read: reviews, features, news updates etc. etc.) I've asked the community as a whole several times for willing people to help, and every time I've been told people will help, and then I get nothing from them. So basically, this is a last ditch effort to get AD back running. I need to know if there is actually a demand for the site though - there's no use running it if no one visits :) If you want the site back, reply to this post and let us know.

So anyway, here goes, IF and only if you feel you can contribute a lot towards the site, or even fancy being in charge of all this content (ie. managing who does what etc.) then mail me at ct306@gre.ac.uk stating who you are, what you want to do, etc. etc. and hopefully I can get somewhere with all of this.

In response to other queries, m0ds, which email was bouncing for you? they should all work ok, but from now use the one i said above. I've not heard from Taxicab in ages either so I can't answer where he is or if he's still involved - me and Erwin basically took over running a while back.

Hopefully AD will be back, I hope everyone out there feels the same and I get some good feedback. Thanks to everyone who's helped and visited AD and hopefully will do again soon :)

- Tom

Archived