Home

Basic Ideas: Various Minor Additions

Marker0077

This is the place to list all the stuff that should go into basic...

* Grappling hook

* Each emote on it's own command

* Make it so you can play at least 12 taunts, preferrably 20 (yes I can sometimes come up with these many taunts for JK) & also add a command so you can play each individual taunt

* Add extra stances as an option & make it so that you can set enable or disable the extra stances for each individual saber type.

*** Add a CVar for showing the winners health points at the end of duels & make it optional so that it may be broadcasted to just the person that lost or to the entire server.

** RGB colored scale for lightsabers

* A CVar that makes it so that the map doesn't change until duels are over but doesn't allow any new duels to begin.

* Add a better MotD system.

* Sabers do not auto-ignite.

* New force ranks that allows all force points to be filled (this was originally my idea BTW).

* CVar that allows you to use light & dark side force points (this would obviously need more force ranks).

* Add a CVar to move chat text to the top of screen (client-side).

* Add a CVar so that alive players can not read dead players text & possibly vice versa. This would include not showing name changes as well.

Okay, that's about it for now. DO NOT LIST ADMIN STUFF HERE or any other incredibly complicated changes that would require a ton of coding. I am starting an admin commands thread, post that stuff there.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those last few sound a lot like Forcemod. But that's ok with me. :)

*Default allow spectator chat to duelers to yes

*If cheats are enabled, have levels to cheats. Full, No God and no give health/armor/all (modify this to not give armor and hp?), Allow spawns only. This would make it fun to spawn rancors etc, but not have people just using god or other cheats to win.

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

*If cheats are enabled, have levels to cheats. Full, No God and no give health/armor/all (modify this to not give armor and hp?), Allow spawns only. This would make it fun to spawn rancors etc, but not have people just using god or other cheats to win.

Or maybe make it an admin command?

You don't want to add spawn of npcs, it lags out servers bad when you spawn enough. Also, you don't want any commands that give any 1 person something & not everyone else, that's going to put this mod into the same boat that JA mod for JK2 was/is in. Example, if you have a comand that gives full ammo, have it give everyone full ammo - not just one person, etc; etc. Anything other than that is flat out cheating.

** Make a CVar that allows 2 people to duel in power duel if there are only 2 players connected to the server

I had another idea but I forgot it :-/

Hmmm, that's a interesting point. In reality, we need a Co-Op mode that handles all this. I'd suggest something with an option to respawn baddies or not.

In addition, I think power duel needs a work over, the current system of having seperate power teams and single fighters seems odd to me. I'd have it set up to do some sort of tourny thing for team selection.

But then, those are more major modifications.

I have had a few more ideas, some of which would be a major add but I didn't want to start a whole new thread on this because I don't think it is going to have a whole lot of conversation on it. Anyways...

* Yellow DFA: I see why Raven change the YDFA but I think it was a bad change. Last night I tried YDFA'ing this AFK'er & literally could not do it. Even when you do actually get a hit, it doesn't do that much damage.

I think Raven changed YDFA because being able to move left/right while in mid-air just is not realistic, so I was thinking that maybe it should use force mana while moving left/right in a YDFA.

This would obviously be a CVar between this & the original but obviously most people would want to go with this.

* 2v2 Player Mode: Self-Explanitory, a 2v2 gametype would rock like a mountain.

* JK2 Animations: I was thinking how lame it is without the left to left-forward yellow combo in JK3; So, I was thinking that perhaps we should have a CVar to put back some of the old animations into JK3.

We could also just make a new single saber type. Make the damage settings & animations like they were in JK2 but obviously you would not get any of the new moves as well.

:evil1: WE MUST HAVE DISRUPTION MODE AS A CVAR! :evil1:

Well, that would be cool. Concussion Rifle Disruption. :)

Another thing is to allow players to pick out of more models in siege mode. A 3-4 model selection sounds good. They select their class, then their playermodel. Also, there are people that want the custom playermodel in Siege. You'd probably have to integrate that Aayla Secura skin in there to have enough models for that though.

Originally posted by razorace

I honestly don't see the point of reduxing JK2. If you want to play JK2, go play JK2. :D

The point is to get some of those old animations back. I don't think some of them should have been removed, mainly the left to left-forward combo in yellow. That was hella useful.

Well, that would be cool. Concussion Rifle Disruption. :)

Another thing is to allow players to pick out of more models in siege mode. A 3-4 model selection sounds good. They select their class, then their playermodel. Also, there are people that want the custom playermodel in Siege. You'd probably have to integrate that Aayla Secura skin in there to have enough models for that though.

Fellas, I'd like to point something out to you. Go in your game browser, do a full update for JK3 & look at how many Siege servers there are. There's next to none so I wouldn't go out of your way for something that 99 out of 100 people will never use. As for firearm weapons, same concept except a few more servers use firearm weapons, most don't though.

This is JK, people don't give a damn about weapons or Siege. People come here to use force powers & lightsaber duel. I plan on changing that a bit if I can get Jedi Action going but that remains to be seen. I know the mod would do enormously well but it takes a team of developers & it would appear no one shares the same opinion I do as far as how well the mod would do goes. Too bad.

Originally posted by razorace

That's not a fair test. The ingame browser is broken and you'll notice that the siege servers are always full.

Who uses the in-game browser? The thing is crap. Anyways, I show no games for Siege in GS3D & 2 with the in-game browser, neither one are close to being full. The point is, there are next to no Siege servers. While the gametype itself is cool, the weapons are crap, which is why no one plays it.

You guys can pursue it all you like, all I'm saying is no one plays it & it seems like a waste of time to me. You need a mod like Jedi Action to give the weapons *some* purpose. If you can't take the sabers away completely & use just the firearm weapons & have fun that way - it'll never change.

With ASE I get around 50 siege servers at a time...That's filtering out the passworded ones. The reason that half of them are empty is that:

1) The game's browser does not work. A lot of newbies have no idea that it is broken, until they see something about it somewhere. Also, the JA community has a lot of little kids that wouldn't know how to get/aren't able to obtain ASE or another program.

2) People don't join a server with no one else on it. That makes some of them stay empty for a long time.

Well I think we might have to have an OJP_SP & an OJP_MP mod folders, one obviously for SP & the other for MP, solely because we are discovering that some changes we make for MP would not work out to well in SP (we want to keep this one a little more private for the time being to not make MP playing any worse, Razor knows what I am talking about) & there are probably some changes made in SP that might not do so well in MP as well.

SP mods can run in custom folders just like MP mods can, oddly enough no one sets their SP mods up like that.

As far as this "back button" goes, why don't you just save your game at the beginning of each mission?

You know, the point of this mod is to provide improvements to the game.

Ya I got that but I just do not see the point in providing a feature that pretty much exists already. No there is no actual "back" button but if there was it would function in 1 of 2 ways, #1 it auto-saves the last mission & just goes back to it or #2 you just have it load the map. Obviously #1 is the best but you can already save it & have it do the exact same thing - so what's the point?

When I played SP, I saved all the time. I recommend everyone else do the same.

Originally posted by Marker0077

Well I think we might have to have an OJP_SP & an OJP_MP mod folders, one obviously for SP & the other for MP, solely because we are discovering that some changes we make for MP would not work out to well in SP (we want to keep this one a little more private for the time being to not make MP playing any worse, Razor knows what I am talking about) & there are probably some changes made in SP that might not do so well in MP as well.

SP mods can run in custom folders just like MP mods can, oddly enough no one sets their SP mods up like that.

Well, we might have to do that at some point but I think we need to cross that road once we get there.

Whoa, some of that doesn't belong in basic. Basic shouldn't change gameplay other than balance stuff, enhanced is for anything else.

Grappling hook, I think, should never be there. In any distribution. It's fun to fool around with, but you could never play with it seriously, unless you added rope physics...

And, for the love of god, no more emotes in FFA other than a few taunts... please!

Adding new stances I think should be enhanced, but that's debatble.

Archived