Home

What do you think of the Matrix: revolutions *WITHOUT SPOILERS*

Hermie

I´m posting this thread for all of the people who is not going to see it today, but want to know how it was. If you really want to spoil, USE ANOTHER THREAD!!!

(I don´t know how long it is to the Premiere overseas, but here in Norway, Its just a couple of hours)

Hmmm.....i don't think im gonna see Matrix Revolutions until it comes out on DVD. I found the Original Matrix to be stunning, but Matrix Reloaded just wasn't as good as most people made it out to be. Sure the fight scenes and Special FXs were cool, but The original Matrix was a breakthrough movie that was the first of its kind.

So, Im waiting.

Besides, I already saw The Texas Chainsaw Massacre a few days back, so I'm strapped for cash at the moment ;)

Well, I'm probably the only person between 10 and 60 years who haven't seen the first one, but i saw number two.

It had nice special effects, but i think the story was a bit thin...

With this in mind, i know that i'm gonna go see it anyways, just not today...

Wonder how long it'll take before it is posted on the net... One hour? Two hours? ;)

Just kidding, i'll go see it cuz everyone else are gonna see it too...

Ah, the wonderful aspects of group press :p

after reloaded it was hard to find any mates who wanted to go and watch this one, so we aren't off to the cinema until Sat 15th. I had high hopes that this one would pull everything together and not suffer from the filling-time problem of reloaded, but the reviews aren't looking promising:

from imdb.com

Critics by and large are unimpressed by the Matrix Revolutions hype. Joel Siegel on Good Morning America observed that Warner Bros. went all-out on everything except the movie itself. "I'm not saying that the Emperor is naked, but if he shows up this morning here in Los Angeles, he's going to catch his death of cold," Siegel remarked. In the New York Post, Lou Lumenick cites Gertrude Stein's words about Oakland as applying to Revolutions: "There's no there, there." "Pure smoke and mirrors," comments John Anderson in Newsday.Jack Mathews in the New York Daily News begins his review by remarking, "At least it's over." And those are some of the kinder reviews. Consider by way of comparison Stephen Hunter's in the Washington Post: "The film is a soggy mess, essentially a loud, wild 100-minute battle movie bookended by an incomprehensible beginning and a laughable ending." (Hunter had praised the original Matrix film.) Or take Mike Clark's blast in USA Today: "This come-down of a series capper is so arch and pompous amid its clanks and collisions that you can only snicker at the verbal wind that obscures the din of marauding machinery." Chris Vognar in the Dallas Morning News grumbles: "There's nothing like a batch of sequels to cheapen a movie's legacy, but the decline of Matrix stock is particularly jarring." And Manohla Dargis asks mournfully in the Los Angeles Times: "How did something that started out so cool get so dorky?" The film does manage to enthrall a handful of critics, among them Lisa Kennedy in the Denver Post, who remarks: "The Matrix Revolutions leaves us with something to chew on for years to come." And Roger Ebert in the Chicago Sun-Times concludes: "In a basic and undeniable sense, this is a good movie, and fans who have earned their credit hours with the first two will want to see this one and graduate. To the degree that I was able to put aside my questions, forget logic, disregard continuity problems and immerse myself in the moment, The Matrix Revolutions is a terrific action achievement."

of course, critics aren't always right, but it isn't looking good.

Originally posted by The Truthful Liar

I got to see it last night with my girlfriend, we concluded that it was basically one very very cool action movie. Nothing else.

my GF rented Reloaded at the weekend so that she would be all caught up for when we all went to watch revolutions.

she doesn't want to watch revolutions now. looks like i might end up going on my own on a budget night.

Matrix Revolutions was awesome. I didn't like Reloaded either, but Revolutions was EXCELLENT. It didn't match the majesty of the first movie, but I doubt anything can. Revolutions was much better than the second one, and all matrix fans should see it. Near-perfect blend of action and philosophy. Didn't reach perfection like the original, but good enough. SEE IT.

Archived