Home

** Useful information on Galaxies UK/Euro release **

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Launch date is set for this coming Friday in the UK. 2 servers, as you know have been set up.

I can hopefully answer some questions here and due to high demand in queries, Activision are not taking calls on the game. Everything is to go through SOE.

Payment.

So far, it seems that payment will be in US dollars, which is cool as it makes it a little cheaper for us in the UK. Depending on the exchange rates etc.

Example: $14.99 = £12 (roughly) a month and if you subscribe to 3 months etc, it will get cheaper.

SOE will accept major credit/debit cards that have the VISA symbol on it. Unless your switch card doesnt have this, you can't subscribe at this time. However, this could change in the future.

Gaming cards won't be on sale at launch but could follow within a few months. I will keep checking this.

Customer Support Numbers

In the UK: 0845 600 4263

Outside the UK: 44 1895 204 440

As I find out more, which i will, i will pass on the info

DMUK

I have some bad news and some good news.

The bad is that you miscalculated.

The good: At the current rates. 14.99USD = 8.98GBP :D

BTW.

Do you have any info about the volume of the launch. If there are let's say 50000 copies sold, that makes 25k/server.

I changed my mind and bought Final Fantasy XI online instead (which is awesome). I read soooo much bad publicity about SWG that I decided I just couldn't bring myself to buy it in the end.

I had to make a decision purely on what I have read on the web, and frankly SWG regularly takes a kicking.

terrordactyl you say that SWG has had bad publicity? How do you mean? Because if it is about bugs obviousely all MMORPGs always have bugs and on the forums when someone says something they have wrong then there is usually an explenation, if you can post some links etc because i havent seen anything that would not make me buy SWG but if there is what you say there is i cant find it but i would like to look at it, thanks.

Guest DarthMaulUK

SWG has had alot of bad press from alot of online websites, rating it an average 65% due to serious bugs, lack of content and poor community support in areas.

The UK press have only previewed Galaxies as it wasn't on sale in Europe and only days after I spoke with LA, the game date was announced.

SWG was certainly put on sale too early to probably get in out on their end of financial year. Early bugs were a pain and they still are and you mention about bugs..funny how all these games belong to Sony.

Most press magazines know that online gamers pay their first 6 months subscription to beta test, as PC Gamer UK put it, which to me, is very true.

I felt that creature mounts and transports should have been in the game from either day one or month one into the game. But for those playing since day 1, its been months of running around through deserts and hard terrain.

There is no disputing the fact that Galaxies has the potential to become a truely awesome game but when all the best they can come up with to become a jedi is to master a profession to unlock force slots is very very lame indeed. More thought should have been put into this.

The debate could go on.

DMUK

As far as I know the full list of servers is available to those of us in UK/Europe. Heck, some people were so keen to get playing they imported US copies of the game before there WERE any European servers.

However, in much the same way as americans would prefer to use servers closer to them for better performance, so would many Europeans, myself included.

Originally posted by Lord_Angelus

Maestro isnt visa, its from Mastercard. This is the logo: site_logo.gif

I asked in the shop today and the guy didn't even know it was an online game.

Lord Angelus

That is not a MasterCard symbol though. Maestro is an ATM Card that works with PIN. You won't be able to use it.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I believe that Mastercard (almost the same symbol) is rebranding but I cant remember to what.

But fear not, I will spend this week pressing Activision for a date on Game cards in the UK/Europe but judging on such poor sales, who knows if they will make the effort to bring them here.

DMUK

Morning all,

Talking about the UK release, I'm completely unable to even get into the game due to having problems with the autoupdate feature in the launch pad.

It keeps on trying to autoupdate and then telling me that certain files are missing or corrupt and cancels the update. Looking at the log created the actual problem seems to be that the update file is larger than the maximum allowed from the download site. Hence I can't even get into the game! :mad:

Anyone else know how to overcome this or is it just me and my cursed copy :)

cheers all

oh yes and i have tried reinstalling and all my drivers are top notch so it ain't that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived