Home

For Monkey 5

Left

I just wanted to say that Guybrush should have a different voice in MI5. The ones in 3 and 4 are kinda gay. Guybrush is a sissy, so of course we don't want Arnold Schwarzenegger to play Guybrush, but our hero is getting older. He can actually grow a beard now! Also MI5 should have a bit more cynical rather than just silly humor, reflecting Guybrush's self-awareness (knowing that he's a wimp but won't really admit it). The MI5 Guybrush should be kind of a Ross from Friends sissy type. He isn't a boy anymore, just an immature spineless man :) That's the Guybrush I wanna see.

Just my 2 cents, what do guys think?

And also, the "piracy-is-dying", "let's mix today's civilization with the one that took over the pirate's world back then" stuff is crap. I really hate it. It was fun for a while, but I think putting all into the world of MI is killing the game.

Oh yes. Whose ego shall we crush next? We really ought to make a hit list one of these days, you know...

By the way, since when did Guybrush ever have any self-awareness? And didn't he grow a beard in MI2? Hm, must've stepped into the Twilight Zone again, whoopsies.

Seriously, MI must change somewhat to stay interesting. I'm as big a MI fan as the next guy, I just think Guybrush as a character needs to become a bit deeper and more grown to stay interesting. That's all.

Dom does a great Guybrush voice! Its Guybrushs voice. When I used to play the originals you had to hear his voice when you read it in your own way and Doms voice fits what I thought.

If Guybrush gets deeper were just going to be confused. I want to know the stuff we dont know yet, like the first 18 years of his life.

Dom has the perfect voice for Guybrush. There should be no replacement. Earl Boen is great as Lechuck too. But if there's one voice change that is really bugging me is Stan's. Pat Pinney's voice in Monkey Island 3 was a brilliant, stereotypical sales voice, the kind of voice you imagined in MI 1 and 2. It was perfect for Stan. Why on earth did they change his voice in monkey island 4? The new voice was so wrong for the character, even with the crazy hand movements, it still felt like it wasn't Stan. I really, really, really, REALLY hope they bring back Pat Pinney for Stan. who's in agreement?

As for Guybrush's character change, he needs to change a bit more toward the Threepwood we saw in Monkey Island 2. Trying to be tough, adopting a slightly tougher image, but still being a little sissy at heart. ;)

I could never have Dom be the voice of Guybrush for Mi1 and Mi2, because I, like so many others who grew up with these games, created my own voice for the lovable character.

But yes, for the Guybrush that CMI and EMI contains, he is the perfect voice, and I cannot comprehend anyone else voicing Guybrush for future Monkey Islands.

No they have to keep Dom's voice in the next one, Dom is perfect.

I remember when i played CMI for the first ever time, i ran over in my mind what i think Guybrushes voice would sound like, and moments later Guyrbush spoke, and i was like "yes :D" and now i ant imagine anyone else doing it.

In response to Sharptooths comment about Stan i both agree and disagree with u. As although CMI Stan had the good deep salesman voice, it really wasnt fast enough for me. In the first 2 games Stan spoke, sometimes too fast for me to read, which neither of the voice actors captured.

But i also hate Pat Pinney as hes just blatently trying to sound like Jim Carrey, which just fails miserably.

• 11 months later...

dom armato all the way!!!!!!! hes the only man for the part and it would be wrong if it was anyone else!!!!!

hes da man!!!

As for changing anything else , maybe a beard but other that that his whimpy nature adds to the humor of the game.

Originally posted by jtsword

dom armato all the way!!!!!!! hes the only man for the part and it would be wrong if it was anyone else!!!!!

hes da man!!!

As for changing anything else , maybe a beard but other that that his whimpy nature adds to the humor of the game.

Dude this thread dies like a year ago, why go resurrecting it?

Archived