Home

Alternate Katas

AgentDarthThor

I apologise if this has been posted before, i couldnt locate such a post using search, but there is a secondary kata for every style in Jedi Academy MP.

Heres how to access it

1) Make sure your mana is approx. 85-90 beforehand

2) Deactivate your saber and just before it switches off hit the kata keys (if done correctly u will do normal kata, w/ blade off, loox kinda silly :D )

3) Continue to hold the kata keys down, and voila alternate kata

This is more a show thing than anything else as it costs 100 mana and leave you open for >5s, but cool nonetheless!

It's also possible to "grapple" somebody as they do the Saber Barrier (with duals), making it so they just toss spinning handles.

However the unignited blades pass harmlessly through enemies and do NO DAMAGE (at least in MP).

I can't say about the others though, haven't tried...

If this manuver somehow did MORE damage than the regular Kata's it would be an exploit and should be reported to Raven immediately for fixing in the patch (just ask them to put in a "hilt bash" move... and why would a hilt bash do more damage than a saber kata?).

I can't test it now but maybe I will when I get back Monday night.

hmm i dunno, if you look at them, specially the dual saber one, its looks kinda like its the same kata, but the animations are a little messed up. I dont know how to describe it in animation terms, but it simply looks like the animations are bein done on a diferent plane or somethin.

I didn't know there was another kata after the saberdown katas.

I use to use the saber down one though for s's and giggles, blue stance is the best for single. After you kill someone do it, looks like your dancing or doing a cheer. (go team) ; )

An extra taunt, hehe.

eniaC

Archived