Home

WIP: Hellfire Droid

Duncan_10158

Finaly i had some time to work on my own projects, so here it is my Hailfire Droid vehicle. the mashs and skinmaps are finished, i am working on a few animations now, what shouldnt be that difficult cause there is not much to animate. i dont know if i should do the skins on my own or if out there is someone who would like to do them. is there someone?

here are two pics:

hellfire_droid_01.jpg

hellfire_droid_02.jpg

i made the rocketlauncher swing up and down, the rockets are under gavity, so it looks like in AOTC. but i got a bug in it i cant find why, when i drive backwards shooting the game crashes. if someone knows this, let me know.

Update: thanks to riovu we know now, its not hellfire droid but hailfire droid. (shame on me, shame on me)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by riovu

I love your Model i'd never thought someone would think of making it your a really good modeler man!!!!! by the way i think the vehicle is called (hailfire)

riovu, your right, its hailfire droid! now i know why it crashed, i gave it the wrong name and it refused it. seriously, i havent look up corrcetly, shame on me. i gone correct it, if its possible.

the crash bug seems to be gone since to newest version, perhaps it was something with a wrong animation.cfg file. it looks solved.

Hellfire, ahhhh..... yes that was it i named it after you. i was thinking of that from the start. so i hope you gone rename yourself also to hailfire? :rolleyes:

monsoontide, please let some models left for the next generation of modelers, its not fair if you do everything and they have nothing to do left. every generation needs some great project to do.

Oh, I think there's still plenty of models left to do (A-Wing, B-Wing, Y-Wing, Tie Interceptor, Tie Defender, Tie Advanced, Snowspeeder, Ronto, Bantha, AT-PT, Spider Walker, plus conversions for the twin-pod cloud car and Vaders-Tie models that come with the game)

Besides if anyone isn't satisfied or doesn't like my models, they're totally free to make thier own! ;) or to reskin mine! Though I must admit, I'm all modeled out (At least for vehicles) and it's time for me to get back to my SIEGE maps!

Originally posted by monsoontide

Oh, I think there's still plenty of models left to do (A-Wing, B-Wing, Y-Wing, Tie Interceptor, Tie Defender, Tie Advanced, Snowspeeder, Ronto, Bantha, AT-PT, Spider Walker, plus conversions for the twin-pod cloud car and Vaders-Tie models that come with the game)

Besides if anyone isn't satisfied or doesn't like my models, they're totally free to make thier own! ;) or to reskin mine! Though I must admit, I'm all modeled out (At least for vehicles) and it's time for me to get back to my SIEGE maps!

A-wing: Checked!

B-wing: I doubt someone would make it.

Y-wing: Would probably be made.

Tie Interceptor: Checked!

Tie Defender: Will happen, I'm sure of it.

Tie Advenced: See Tie Defender.

Snow Speeder: Checked ;)

Ronto: I don't know what it is, but someone would probably do it.

Bentha: Will happen.

AT-PT: The coolest of all walkers, have to happen!

Spider Walker: Probably will happen.

the hailfire droid is getting well, monsoontide sen me a first pic of a partly skined model, looks great. i hope he has enough time for it with all his other projects.

Zappa_0, you probably know about my droideka project, i am working on adding an energy shield, that is on when standing and off when its in roll mode. i hope to have some time for it in the next few days. i am also woring on some early models of a federation battletank and a gungan kaadu. i hope i can make models like the ATTE, ATAT or the gungan battle wagon. but they need to have some code changes to work properly, so we probably have to wait until the source code comes out and some coder helps me to creat a new vehilce class.

i am looking forward to creat models that can be used in siege maps, for ex. a battle for genosis siege map with all the different droids and vehicles would be absolutly cool. this hailfire droid could take the place of a heavy artilery, its deadly in distance but weak in short range. this in a good designed map could add some real tactical depth, make cooperation more importent then firepower. i am trying to creat these vehicles with strength and weakneses.

Cool and Duncan you forgot to something you can add your vehicles to....movies!!! Hehehe...your helping to make TJD 2 even better then TJD is gonna look. TJD is The Jedi's Demise, and you will be credited so dont worry. Also TJD 2 is still a long way till we actually start filming.

'eya Dunk. I think I got your problem covered...isn't it default for all vehicles to have shields? I mean, even Tie Fighters and AT-STs have them! [in the game] Thus, I think the shielding process is built into the Master Code...and therego, it would require quite some coding to disable shields for rolling...then again, thats just my hypothesis. Feel free to explore the issue more...;)

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Wow that does look great you ever think about working for us at AOTC:TC we could us another good modeler. email me at J_hamp60@hotmail.com

Yeah Duncan! We sure could use your talents, You helped me out with the Zam speeder, and we really need that kind of a touch over here. Anyhow, keep up the great work! Mars out

Archived