Home

WIP: Alaris

alaris

Man, whenever I'm really excited to post something in lucasforums, it seems the site goes down on cue. Fortunately it came back while the excitement was still in the air.

Below is my concept art for my new Alaris player model in his New Republic stealth commando gear.

The influence is obvious for anyone who knows G.I. Joe. Unashamed, this is my ode to Snake-Eyes. Don't misunderstand, Alaris is 100% Star Wars--his outfit the only thing that has extra-Star Wars inspiration. The concept art will look more snake-eyesy than the actual model itself.

The model is almost done--working out a few errors in the JA Modeling section.

There will be three versions of the model. Masked, unmasked, and visor only. You'll get the picture from the....picture below.

nrc.jpg

I'll release versions for both JO and JA. This weekend, I should get up some screenshots of Alaris ingame.

ok, concept art's supposed to look sctetchy and kind of funky looking, not like you're freaking Stan Lee making a comic book type thing, the picture's freaking good!

the model's good too I guess ; P

lol, really nice job, he looks likea Ninja (duh)

Pointless Critism(sp?): why does a Jedi Spy need spy gear?(if he is a Jedi) couldn't he just wave his hand around and sneak in? why bother using tote cables when you can levitate? eh? ....

Bahh forget it! Nice Model!

Originally posted by Lopyerheadoff

Nice work Alaris! What about his taunt, Snake Eyes has never said anything? Unmasked?

I mentioned in the first post that this is not Snake Eyes, but a tribute to snake eyes---This is a character set in the Star Wars Universe.

I created the character, Alaris, in a Star Wars RPG game I played with my college buddies. He grew up in the outer rim as a child of a royal family that had been betrayed by the empire and whose planet was devastated.

His first outfit composed of a black cloak and red armor after the colors of his house.

He was then recruited by an intelligence agency of a New Republican system to deter a political assassination plot. During this mission, he donned stealth armor as is shown in the picture of my avatar.

After he and his team successfully detered the assassination and destroyed the two dark jedi behind the plot, he was recruited by the highest intelligence agency on coruscant. With a limitless budget, he was able to use gear that helps invaluably on his missions. Though the influence of his outfit is undeniably Snake-Eyes, the outfit itself is 100% Star Wars.

The visor itself provides multiple vision modes ala Bobb Fett, and it provides adjustable hearing modes. He wears a wrist computer with Star Wars language on the display (I'll see if I can cook up a screenshot). His visor and wrist computer are also designed to record and gather intelligence. And his boots were actually made by Correllia's best shoesmith (jk ;) ).

On his right leg is a case to hold his lightsaber (the pictured lightsaber--Alaris2). A swinging lightsaber at your belt can cause a lot of accidental noise.

Though a jedi's greatest asset is the force, jedi can't see, hear, and sense everything. This gear is merely a supplement to enhance what his force senses suggest. There is a lot of depth and backstory to this character. For example, Alaris is not considered a Jedi Knight, though his skills would suggest it. He follows a code established by his father that allows a force user to love and marry.

That is pure talent Alaris. Snake Eyes is a fav of mine - he's my handle in other FPS games, and a great basis for a character design. Can't wait for the finished product.

btw - do you know a thaabit (Garth)? He's a friend of mine who says he knows you.

Originally posted by Azymn

That is pure talent Alaris. Snake Eyes is a fav of mine - he's my handle in other FPS games, and a great basis for a character design. Can't wait for the finished product.

btw - do you know a thaabit (Garth)? He's a friend of mine who says he knows you.

Thanks Azymn and everyone for the compliments. Yeah thaabit and I have been friends for over four years--we chat just a bout daily online. I believe you are the friend he mentioned that made a Jedi Outcast mod that alters the force powers--correct? You have a link to that?

Originally posted by alaris

Thanks Azymn and everyone for the compliments. Yeah thaabit and I have been friends for over four years--we chat just a bout daily online. I believe you are the friend he mentioned that made a Jedi Outcast mod that alters the force powers--correct? You have a link to that?

Hehe, yeah - nice to finally meet you Alaris. The mod was called ForceMod - it's at http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=14924, but it was my first mod so don't expect too much if you decide to try it out. =]

Great idea! I totally agree, and I may add that in there for good measure. Two reasons I didn't add it in. 1--The polycount was already just over 3,000. 2--Shoulders are a bear to weight since they collapse in animation, especially with the big swings in outcast. Maybe I'll give it a whirl, thanks for the reminder.

Azymn, have you made any other mods since? Perhaps sometime we can combine our strength.

Archived