Home

OJP website

Samuel Dravis

Probably the very latest is the end of January. I'm going to be busy, and I'm probably going to need some extra time to finish it. It will most likely be finished before, but I'd rather not make promises I can't keep.

It would be fun to make site have 'skins' - different background colors, etc based on the user - but that's not possible with Emon's setup. Any other ideas on making the site more spiffy? :)

Well, some sort of script that automatically updates files from the repository on a daily basis would be awesome.

OK, that might be possible, but who are we (mostly) trying to target with the site? Normal users or modders? Unless you have the newest releases on the repository in a zip, there's not going to be much point in a script. We can just give out a guest pass to the repository on the site so modders that want to have a look can, without destroying anything. Casual users can just download it off of our site if JK.net lets us host it there (see below).

Also, I had mentioned on another thread that JK.net appparently did not want us to host the main OJP files locally on the site and Kurgan was surprised by it. I can e-mail someone on the staff to see if we can just upload the files there. What could be the most useful result of that is that we could make a autoupdate program for OJP (and possibly other files that we would like to have availible to the user, such as updated readmes, etc).

Well, yeah, that's basically what I meant. I don't want to create a situation where the webmaster is swamped with constantly updating documents.

As for the source files, it would be nice to have a daily update script because most users are simply too lazy (or don't want to deal with the hassle) to access the repository.

OK, thanks for the suggestions Razor. I've come across a problem with the site design - it doesn't scale to the browser's window size. This causes problems when people try viewing it with their resolution set to less than 1024x768. I don't think there is many gamers with such a setting enabled, but tell me what you think about it.

Also, can someone please send me a copy of their FusionNews directory backup - I cannot seem to find mine anymore. :( If you need my e-mail PM me. Thanks!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while, but here's a nice concept for when we get rid of the old design. I really hate too many images, so there's not many of them in it. ;) Suggestions?

website.jpg

BTW, I am still working on the old site stuff, and should have it finished by the end of the month as promised.

OK, I got some updates to the site and a fresh copy of FusionNews on my computer (keepin' my promises, heh), all ready to upload and...

:firemad:(*%#@ THE SITE IS DOWN!@!$ AARRGH!@*! :firemad:

Ok, I seem to be finding the site down quite often...perhaps we should look for a different host. If it's going to be down continuously, no one's going to be able to see the thing. Which would definitely hurt pimping purposes. ;) Any ideas?

Archived