Home

WIP: Eopie

LightNinja

It's really a BIG problem that the rider animations can't yet be changed - but frankly I'd rather have the vehicle be acurate than worry about whether or not the riders legs stick into it or not.

LightNinja - best to contact Duncan_10158 or perhaps Manquesa - They're the one that do all that stuff. I would but without having 3DSmax I can't :(

However I know Duncan is a bit busy with his own projects (Not to mention all the ones I keep sending him!) but there's no harm in asking!

P.S. - You need to work on those feet a bit - the front ones are fatter than the back ones!!! ;)

while i was working on my own models i came across a question everyone creating a vehilce gets to: whats the point of this model? dont get me wrong, this eopie look great, but what sense in gameplay do you will give it. will it be just another ridable animal or you do plan some special abilities like very fast, high jumping or high truning speed. in my view its nearly that importent to give it a unique charateristic with strenght and weakneses like having it good modeld. perhaps we could dicuss whats an eopie to ride like, i dont know i never rided one.

another importent question, whats the polygone count, it looks very detaild.

imyourfather, your right, taking my statement general or for player models or skins, we get philosophical very fast and i am surly wrong seen it in that point.

what i ment was not models in general, i was talking about vehicles in specific. you will agree its different to drive an AT-ST then a swoop and thats the fun of these two vehicles, they have thier own character. if someone is going to reskin the AT-ST she/he is probably also gone change the weapons somehow, at least i would do that. not because i think the original one has something wrong, i just want to have it more different to the original.

dont understand me wrong, i dont want to say a model in general has no sense. i want to say, creating a animated vehicle, at this moment the most difficult and time consuming project (much much more harder then reskining or player modeling), needs more dicussions. if i make a reskin that takes me 5-10 hours to creat, it doesnt realy mather if its just another reborn reskin. if i am working on a animated vehicle that takes me about 200 hours, then it should unique and fun to play for more then five minutes. and that means in my view to give it some kind of gameplay sense. every vehilce can have that, but we have to find it.

Part of the reason these creatures exist in the movies is George Lucas's sense of whimsy. He admitted there is no real reason for the stormtroopers to be riding Dewbacks (Although such purpose has since been invented by others). He just wanted them to be riding big lizards.

The reason for the Eopie was to pull stuff (Pod parts, Hyperdrive parts).

In game things are a little different. There's no real reason for these things. They don't really attack you or anything - but in that case there is no real reason for the Tauntaun - you could just as easily complete the levels they're in without them.

I really think it comes down to the fact that we personally like these creatures and whether or not they serve a purpose, we would like them as part of our gaming experience :D

Duncan does have a good point though - as with all parts of game design, good planning is essential. He is merely asking Why are you including this. Do you have a use for it? Planning a map with it?

Anyway - Let us hope RAVEN address the issue of control for the starships in the patch - 'cos it's just horrible - you can tell this feature was only half implemented :mad:

I know that it takes much time and is too hard, if i knew how to do the animations i'd do it, but i have no idea. For that i asked you that if u could do the animations when u finished all your current projects (if u want), i didnt ask u for doing it for tomorow. Yea, it dont have much sense to have an eopie in game, but it could be usefull for people who is planning to do sp maps or sp mods for example a mod about tatooine, etc. And it use would be the same than the tauntaun, but well, i can wait more than 4 months if u want, i just want to see it in game.

Archived