Home

Jedi Dreads!

TheBlueFlamingo

Wat u say der boy? You mean I coulda been a rasta Jedi mon? Those f*****g bumbaclots how could de' do dis to me mon?

Seriously though, they need to put that back in the game in the next patch, some new faces and outfits would be nice anyway, I really want dreads for my Jedi.

The cynical side of me says that they pulled the skins/models so they could include them in an expansion pack without having to make new skins from scratch. However, stuff like this is often cut from the game, but usually leaves an artefact somewhere in the game. If it was genuinely cut, it's fairly likely these skins/models are hiding somewhere in the game .pk3s. If they're not, we'll probably be seeing them in a commercial expansion pack.

Well I wont flame Raven cuz i dont believe it's their fault or even choice in the matter.

But besides cut out stuff.. they also left some garbage in the main pk3. Look at the jedi_hm folder... you'll notice a file starting with "copy of" besides the normal file without the "copy of".

It was obviously rushed. But a deadline is a deadline, and a roll is a roll... if they dont meet their deadline then they get no rolls.

(obvious ripoff from the lil' joh from "robin hood men in tights")

Originally posted by babywax

Anyone notice how very few of the clothes look... jedi like?

One thing that can be said about the Jedi coming through lukes academy is that there are alot of things that arent done as they were during the days of the jedi council. I cant remember many mentions of the new group of jedi wearing the old skool robes in the EU. I loved teh Hoth outfir, I wish you could also tack the xwing pilot outfit onto your skin.....

MTFBWYA

This kind of thing is nothing new. Many of Westwood's RTS games like Red Alert, Red Alert 2, and C&C Generals (well, not really Westwood :() have all sorts of hidden assets.

Hey, the original Jedi Knight was supposed to let you kick with secondary fire on the fists, and there were supposed to be two other moves for the lightsaber, a stab and an overhead slash. What's always pissed me off about the saber, is that the code and animations were already there! :mad:

Originally posted by Toxie

So do you guys think that dreads skin might be hidden somewhere in one of the pk3 files? Perhaps some noble modder could dig it out for us? Maybe someone could email the devs and ask about, dreads in space sound so cool. :)

It is possible that they could be hidden in one of the assets files.

assets1.pk3 has the model information.

Hey, the original Jedi Knight was supposed to let you kick with secondary fire on the fists, and there were supposed to be two other moves for the lightsaber, a stab and an overhead slash. What's always pissed me off about the saber, is that the code and animations were already there!

Not to mention tertiary and quatrinary fire (fire3, fire4), ridable Kell Dragons (by players and enemies), ridable speeder bikes (by players and enemies), throwable lightsabers (Boc with the two sabers was supposed to throw one at you while he continued to fight with one at times), forward/back/side rolls....

The cool thing is though, most of that stuff is now part of the game, being added for sebsequent installments until with JA we have almost everything!

Hopefully those missing assets can be dug up and used in mods, or at least included in the patch...

Yes. The humanoid animation.cfg changes both sp and mp. But for some reason the hilt bash only knocks enemy back in sp instead of knocking them down.

I think its because the game expects the foot tag on the model to connect with the person and it doesn't. This can be solved when the sdk is released.

Archived