Home

Any Jedi Academy Clans?

darrksaber88

It is very difficult to play mp in a game where physics aren't set in stone and gameplay is hit and miss (random). These issues need addressing before any serious competetive gameplay could possible take place (and saying 'we had a tourney wif 5 ppl and we rocked' doesnt count...I said serious). Because of this, there are no 'good' clans. All are either equally poor, or equally stupid (until the stuff is fixed).

And btw, saying your 'a great Jedi Acdemy player' is no feat at all. Anyone can be 'great' at JA in 30mins due to the simplified physics.

Originally posted by Jawa8578

It is very difficult to play mp in a game where physics aren't set in stone and gameplay is hit and miss (random). These issues need addressing before any serious competetive gameplay could possible take place (and saying 'we had a tourney wif 5 ppl and we rocked' doesnt count...I said serious). Because of this, there are no 'good' clans. All are either equally poor, or equally stupid (until the stuff is fixed).

And btw, saying your 'a great Jedi Acdemy player' is no feat at all. Anyone can be 'great' at JA in 30mins due to the simplified physics.

Actually there's some pretty good clans out there, and as far as game dynamics go............

no comment

eniaC

Well evangellic, as they say ignorance is bliss, so ill just presume your ignorant.

Although the clan may have potential, no clan can 'own' this game because of the touch and go game physics. I've seen it (not just from me, but with loads of people.) People should clearly win after getting a few direct hits, but it either doesnt damage (due to it recording it wrongly as a miss) or it does little damage (due to it being recorded in the wrong the area of hit ie. the leg bx instead of the head box).

The other thing is blocks aren't always blocks and hits aren't always hits. This is a bug and yet another reason why playing competetively atm is a farse.

And no its not because saber damage is set to something ridiculous, its a bug that was even present in JK2, just that now it seems mch much worse.

As for this game requiring more skill than learning from playing mp for 30 mins...that is my belief. Don't forget that Raven pruposely targeted this game for people to come along and play (ie. not needing to learn a great deal). So by definition, to play competetively is to play a game that does not take a great deal of skill. And I don't see how a competetive community can thrive on that (with there being to prospect to expand in strategy, tactics or skill without going against ravens aim to target the game at unskillful players). But if they do wish to target the game for a more skilled audience, thats great news. The End.

Could we Please either get this thread closed or moved, since it's obviously going to start a flame debate over whether people who play JA suck or not... which frankly I am so... freaking... tired... of hearing. Here's my opinon on the matter...

"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day

To the last syllable of recorded time,

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death.

Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more: it is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing."

~ William Shakespeare

Macbeth, V. i. 19.

And Jawa8578... you presume too much.

Well put Akshara.

PEOPLE , read the first post, he asked for a point in a certain direction, not your meaningless opinions about how you think the game could be improved.

btw: JA and JO are not the same game, so if you like JO fine, go play it then.

btw: He said JA or JO.

Originally posted by eniaC

Actually there's some pretty good clans out there, and as far as game dynamics go............

no comment

eniaC

yes there are some good clans in guns (a few rise above the others)

and i can think of two saber only clans that are far beyond any other (that play the game).

Originally posted by Jawa8578

As for this game requiring more skill than learning from playing mp for 30 mins...that is my belief. Don't forget that Raven pruposely targeted this game for people to come along and play (ie. not needing to learn a great deal). So by definition, to play competetively is to play a game that does not take a great deal of skill. And I don't see how a competetive community can thrive on that (with there being to prospect to expand in strategy, tactics or skill without going against ravens aim to target the game at unskillful players). But if they do wish to target the game for a more skilled audience, thats great news. The End.

its struggling i'll say that much.

all holding our breath for the sdk to get our mods out the door.

Judging by the great number of "clan tags" I see in use just on a cursory examination of ASE (and not counting all the people who "smurf" without their tags, heh, you guys know who you are!) I'd say clans are fairly well represented in JA so far.

Of course that says nothing about the size or skill of any of those clans, but hey, nobody said being in a clan made you a better player necessarily or that "bigger = better" with regard to clans.

As I see it some people have more fun playing with a regular group of people than by themselves. Theoretically playing together frequently would give you a good understanding of each person's strengths and weaknesses and help you play as a more solid team (which would be very helpful in tournaments and team based situations).

Plenty of JK2 clans haven't moved on to JA or have "given up" on JA, but then new clans have been formed that didn't exist in the previous game and some have been reformed/recombined/split, etc and some clans play both (and more) games, so I'd say it's probably growing and we'll see in about a year if it's more, less, or equally popular as JK2 was.

PS: I won't dig up the can of worms people are already beating again against the dead horse of the "JA sucks it takes no skillz!" people, but I would ask you this question: "If the game is so easy to master, why isn't everyone a master? Shouldn't every game end in a draw then in every gametype? Or are you contradicting yourself by saying its random, in which case nobody could ever master the game, period, and thus consistent wins would be statistically unlikely to ever happen, like in gambling?"

Originally posted by Kurgan

Judging by the great number of "clan tags" I see in use just on a cursory examination of ASE (and not counting all the people who "smurf" without their tags, heh, you guys know who you are!) I'd say clans are fairly well represented in JA so far.

Of course that says nothing about the size or skill of any of those clans, but hey, nobody said being in a clan made you a better player necessarily or that "bigger = better" with regard to clans.

As I see it some people have more fun playing with a regular group of people than by themselves. Theoretically playing together frequently would give you a good understanding of each person's strengths and weaknesses and help you play as a more solid team (which would be very helpful in tournaments and team based situations).

Plenty of JK2 clans haven't moved on to JA or have "given up" on JA, but then new clans have been formed that didn't exist in the previous game and some have been reformed/recombined/split, etc and some clans play both (and more) games, so I'd say it's probably growing and we'll see in about a year if it's more, less, or equally popular as JK2 was.

PS: I won't dig up the can of worms people are already beating again against the dead horse of the "JA sucks it takes no skillz!" people, but I would ask you this question: "If the game is so easy to master, why isn't everyone a master? Shouldn't every game end in a draw then in every gametype? Or are you contradicting yourself by saying its random, in which case nobody could ever master the game, period, and thus consistent wins would be statistically unlikely to ever happen, like in gambling?"

kurg that is where the person comes in. anyone can get "good" at the game, but some are a bit smarter about how they play the game than others. doesn't have as much to do with skill as, for instance JO.

As I stated, this game requires the skill of 30 mins of mp experience. No offence, but I genuenly believe some people are just retarded. Thats not a joke by the way. They stand there with their sabers prepped to blue style and then stand...stand...walk forward a little...stand...use arrow buttons to turn around...walk a little...stand. So yes, not everyone can master this game, just those who aren't complete utter morons.

So the 'skill'. Well to get good at the game you need to basically time roll stabs, katas and butterflys and hey presto, you're a master. Thats the 'skill' of the game. Its done that way to help new players play quickly and easily. Although you may call all of that skill, it's nothing compared to the vast aspects of JK2. However, that is not the subject of debate here.

The fact is, there are better players due to experience. These good players can still easily beat your standard saber boy easily, although now, the saber boy may have made a few extra hits causing a bit more damage than usual, but non the less, the better player normally wins.

However, when these 'good players' come to play EACH OTHER competetively (hence the clans and competetive gameplay), presuming both parties being of similar skill levels (as they're in clans), one player will win randomly. He dodges a swing but for some strange reason, known only to a trio of bulltoads living on the third canry island, the swing hits causing death.

This is why COMPETETIVE gameplay is impossible. The physics aren't reliable and consequently players can win or loose randomly.

I summise that most clans are new to JA and therefore haven't played competetively yet. But to anyone who's played JK2 and moved to JA, its plain to see why this game won't work competetively atm.

I just illustarted why joining a competetive clan would be pointless. Sorry if I gave the impression of caring. I don't.

Few rules for joining a clan:

1. Get to know a clan, make sure you like them.

2. Never join a clan if somebody asks you to join after seeing you play like 1/2 times. (It means they're desperate and their clan will be ****ty).

3. Hint that you want to join. If you're not asked, you're not good enough.

4. Make sure your duel sabers are prepped and ready wif those bad ass katars.

Archived