Home

Any Jedi Academy Clans?

darrksaber88

Originally posted by Jawa8578

However, when these 'good players' come to play EACH OTHER competetively (hence the clans and competetive gameplay), presuming both parties being of similar skill levels (as they're in clans), one player will win randomly. He dodges a swing but for some strange reason, known only to a trio of bulltoads living on the third canry island, the swing hits causing death.

He does have a good point there, I can't count how many times I've been killed by a shot I clearly dodged or been caught in the foot w/ full health and died.

Not competively though of course, I suck.

darrksaber88,

Sorry that your thread got hijacked.

But the best way to join a clan is like they say, find a server you like w/ friendly people (or a**holes, your choice), and just play there regularly and if your good enough they'll notice you.

One thing to stay away from are clans just starting(to unorganized) or clans that are to big (don't even bother w/ |SiN|, not sure, but I think they suck and if I remember correctly they are arrogant and poor losers as well.

Don't stick to one server either hop around, find your fav. force regen time and force power disable settings, and play on those servers.

eniaC

Im sorry to say, but anyone with any experience (due to being at least average at the game, which isnt hard) doesnt need to post on a forums asking wehere he can join a clan.

My point is that the very fact that you needed to post here asking how/where to join a clan is enough to demonstate your experience, and therefore skill level. Hence your not good enough to join a clan. Look for people who play badly and they might let you in a clan...or maybe not.

Originally posted by Jawa8578

Im sorry to say, but anyone with any experience (due to being at least average at the game, which isnt hard) doesnt need to post on a forums asking wehere he can join a clan.

My point is that the very fact that you needed to post here asking how/where to join a clan is enough to demonstate your experience, and therefore skill level. Hence your not good enough to join a clan. Look for people who play badly and they might let you in a clan...or maybe not.

Well....we all started somewhere.

darrksaber88,

"Keep on truckin", you'll find one.

My opinion is to stay away from clans entirely, Sure I've been in a clan, only for about a month or so and it dissipated, most were older folks (well over 20, a couple in there late 20's) couple of us had children, some col. students, and one female (woohoo).

I have to say it was the coolest clan, and most of us were skilled as well.

Well w/ out beating around the bush, what I'm trying to say is if you want to play competively join a team, if you want to play for fun go solo.

Kinda reminds me of High School and all the Clics (sp?) lol, being said most of them are probrally that age.

No mean to offend you if you are 15 or 16 (88).

Honestly couldn't point you towards a good clan (most are invite only) but when I first started playing JA back in Sept. there were some clan servers out there w/ pretty decent chaps/dames. I don't play on clan servers any more really though.

Good Luck,

eniaC

Yes most are invite only.

If a clan is openly recruting then its gonna be a crap clan.

The fact that you need to post here suggests you have no experience, therefore are new, therefore are not good enough to join any clan. Play the game for 30 mins and if you've any sense you'll be a master. There will soon be no competetive clans as they'll soon find out they cannot play the game competetively, due to reasons prestated. So go join a group of rpg'ers or something.

darrksaber88...

Ignore the little jawa... he gets his rocks off insulting people and telling them how much they suck. *whispers in ear* (He has a yoda weewee...)

One big question you should ask yourself is "what type of clan am I looking for?" These are the main three I'm familiar with:

1) Competitive clans (and yes, we know... they all suck in JA) who play against each other in tournaments & ladders. Often they might specialize in a specific game style, though many play all or several styles. They have scheduled practices, focus highly on teamwork and strategy, and take their successes or failures very seriously. Here you will usually find the best and most skilled players, but alas... also the most arrogant and confrontational.

2) Just for Fun clans that are basically a bunch of people who like playing together with custom maps/skins, and usually the game style doesn't matter. They might have a website and/or a private/public server with an open schedule; or they might have scheduled matches and trainings. Sometimes they'll challenge another clan to an event and have a "competitive" experience... in any case, here you will usually find a somewhat relaxed and freespirited type of player, but also a lot less focus on the skill of playing - that's not to say they aren't good players though, or might participate in tournaments/ladders. Sometimes a newer clan that perceives itself as "competitive" will more likely fall into this category without realizing it.

3) Role Playing clans (RP) that create an entire world or story within an era of the Star Wars universe, where each member takes on a role to play within the group. Usually these groups schedule events in a private server that are fairly high on dialogue and intrigue, while low on action and mayhem. These events can be quite enjoyable when done well, and a stimulating change from the regular "all action" gameplay - and they can also digress into quite boring and chatty IRC session when done poorly. They tend to use lOts of custom maps, skins, and mods to create their worlds within an FFA game style environment. Often there's a farily strong hierarchy to the group, as well as a host of rules to follow, which many in these groups feel are necessary to keep things focused and on track. Here you will be treated with respect and honor, which is both a blessing and a curse... it can get a little pretentious and stuffy at times.

Now there are some that fall outside of these three of course, but this covers most of the ones you'll come across. Clans tend to lean either toward the Light or Dark side... I've rarely come across those that blend the two together, though some of them do try. Considering all of this info could possibly help narrow down the search for you, as well as save a lot of wasted time heading down the wrong direction.

Clans have the potential to be a lot of fun; but they also have the potential to be a royal pita. A lot of the servers out there are supported by clans. Generally, if you find a server that you enjoy playing on regularly, and the people are welcoming and nice to you, then walk up and ask a member how one joins their group. Usually they'll give you a website address where you can read their information. Sometimes the welcome screen on a server will have a web address listed - write it down if it's one you like. A good clan will usually have it's own forum, or at least a requirements page with some email contacts. The IRC channels are good to find the more competitive clans, while many will often use MSN, AIM, or ICQ to connect privately. I would recommend getting a copy of Trillian Basic if you're serious about finding a clan - it's an IM client that covers AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, and IRC all in the same interface with no ads.

If you clarify what you're looking for here in a clan experience, maybe someone can point you in a good direction...

May the Force be with you.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
It is very difficult to play mp in a game where physics aren't set in stone and gameplay is hit and miss (random). These issues need addressing before any serious competetive gameplay could possible take place (and saying 'we had a tourney wif 5 ppl and we rocked' doesnt count...I said serious). Because of this, there are no 'good' clans. All are either equally poor, or equally stupid (until the stuff is fixed).

And btw, saying your 'a great Jedi Acdemy player' is no feat at all. Anyone can be 'great' at JA in 30mins due to the simplified physics.

I used to think that, but the more I played the more I learned that there were more to the physics than meets the eye when you first play, and that it can be played competitively.

Archived