Home

NJO: TUF (no spoilers)

Master_Keralys

November, 1999: the most epic Star Wars tale ever written commences with the publishing of Vector Prime.

Chewbacca dies.

November, 2000: Balance Point:

Jacen begins to understand his destiny...

November, 2001:

Anakin meets his doom

in Star by Star.

Jacen is captured; Jaina begins a spiral into the Dark Side.

November, 2003:

The Yuuzhan Vong meet their first defeats

in Destiny's Way.

Jacen's power and destiny begin to be revealed.

Then, on November 4, 2004, an era came to an end. The New Jedi Order concluded with The Unifying Force. And I don't want to know what happens yet!!!

Okay, I just wanted to get some reviews of Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force without spoilers. I don't want any spoilers in this thread at all. Period. Not even with tags!!!:mad:

So, anyone who has read the book, please feel free to comment on it, but without divulging any information whatsoever for those of us who want to know how the book is without hearing the whole plot. Thank you!

[edit: please put spoiler tags next time, not everybody has read the books. -R15]

[edit] Point. Didn't think about that. Thanks for taking care of it![/edit]

I would agree with wassup. I read the entire book yesterday and it was great and in my opinion the best in the series. It tied up the story nicely and brought things back to where it should.

10/10

(Its funny though I was able to purchase TUF from my bookstore at Uni but I had to order TFP through my bookstore from the US so I've missed out on a little.)

Originally posted by Lord Siraious

I read the entire book yesterday

are you damn serious man ! its 500+ pages !!! Im assuming you are a speed reader, or had nothin else to do yesterday.... :D

Im on page 50 or so, only had time for 2 looks in since I got it recently I will be going to work on the train as of next week, so lotsa time to read then !!!

MTFBWYA

CD extras were ok...Lets see, there was:

1. An interview between Del Ray and NJO "creative" team (including James Luceno) that bascially just highlights what and why the decisions for the series.

2. Quite comprehensive collection of all things YV (castes, vehicles, weapons, etc.), but not as detailed as UNJOH

3. Scans of YV warship, worldship, Jade Shadow, Falcon from New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels.

4. Oh yah can't forget the Vector Prime e-book, but I'm assuming most (if not all) of you have the original book.

Originally posted by Lord Siraious

I feel ripped off my book didn't come with a CD :cry6: I think us Aussie got, ummm..., short changed AGAIN!

Hey, you get video games later, but they usually have more stuff and even less bugs so shut it :p

I'm on page 322 right now. So far it's kick ass

Sweet.... need book NOW! But must wait till Christmas... grr...

It sounds excellent. Is the interview the same one as the one online from a couple weeks ago about TUF, or is it about the series in general?

I actually don't have VP. I didn't like that one as much as the rest of the series; it didn't feel very SW-ish. I haven't figured out why yet, but that's just my impression.

. . . woah

I am complete. I can die happily. I rank it 2nd to Traitor.

It's unfortunate we can't see some epilogue, and it'll be a while til someone write something postNJO because after the Vong war.... what can they possibly bring up without repeating themselves preNJO? Anyways, I think the Clone Wars will have my attention il postNJO comes along.

*salutes NJO books*

• 1 month later...

Wow. (Repeat 6000+ times)

That was about my reaction when I finished it. And I bought it and read it in one day, even if I did stay up late to do it...

I agree: it's the best NJO book, tied with Traitor. And they're tied b/c they're so different that they couldn't one be better than the other.

Epilogue?

Whaddya think the last 50 pages are??? I know what you mean though, and those last 50 were still awesome.

The clone wars will do it till TD's trilogy comes along, but I'm not going to buy them; I don't think they can match the NJO, even if they are way different.

Archived