Home

Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)

Rumor

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, i noticed this a bit ago, and have been checking on it for the last 20 min or so. It was brought up that its possibly a mislabled JK2 Mac Patch 1.01, but this file is approx 5x as large as the mac patch. So i would rule that out. I think this is fairly legit, but we wont take a stance til we get some kind of confirmation yes or no from LEC/Raven.

Multiplayer fixes

Fixed bug causing Internet servers to time out too early on master

server list.

Fixed bug causing various movement sounds not to play consistently

(footsteps, rolling, etc.).

Fixed bug regarding turning off of second saber.

Fixed bug preventing camera shake if hit by explosive.

Fixed roll animation.

Fixed exploit allowing for illegal character models.

Fixed bug allowing rocket launcher lock-on after death.

Various exploit fixes.

for no lines downloading:

http://kaoticz.com/files/JA/jkacademy1_01.exe

This is from the installation screen:

Global

Fixed dynamic glow performance for new ATI drivers (if you are

experiencing low framerate, go into Setup - More Video and

change dynamic glow to off).

Updated EAX 4.0 sound support.

Single Player fixes

Force feedback defaults to off (if you are experiencing hiccupping

while playing, especially during lightsaber battles, go into

Controls - Mouse/Joystick and set force feedback to "No").

Note: Gravis gamepad users should turn force feedback to off.

Gravis drivers aren’t compatible with Jedi Academy and will

cause the game to crash.

Patch will work around manufacturing defect which causes

single player not to run.

Resetting defaults in game will no longer reset your skill level.

Fixed bug allowing player to select a force power that had already

been maxed out.

Fixed animation issue if enemies force push you while executing a

special move.

Ragdoll fixes.

Multiplayer fixes

Fixed bug causing Internet servers to time out too early on master

server list.

Fixed bug causing various movement sounds not to play consistently

(footsteps, rolling, etc.).

Fixed bug regarding turning off of second saber.

Fixed bug preventing camera shake if hit by explosive.

Fixed roll animation.

Fixed exploit allowing for illegal character models.

Fixed bug allowing rocket launcher lock-on after death.

Various exploit fixes.

Please note: Server admins must update their servers to the new

1.01 code. This may take a few days and 1.01 multiplayer games

may be scarce until all servers upgrade to 1.01.

Lol Rumor, didn't see your post before mine was sent. ; )

Thanks, I'll grab it and see in about 3 mins (I trust it's the same file of course...).

Since it sounds like its not compatible with the previous version, hopefully the stand alone server will be released soon as well!

i have it downloaded and installed nothing much since ive been fighting bots.. singel saber on staff is now blue stance and the dual sabers are now yellow.. single to blue

combat seems a bit more crisp but again that was on my machine vs bots

the big noticeable thing was no back roll

they took rolling backward out

dual sabers still seem to have the uber cheesey backstab

nothing was done to fix the ass fighting

blocking seems a bit more realistic

single saber red does a ton of damage still

but the yellow dfa is now yawable (if thats a word) in mid air like it used to be in jo

Ok guys, I'd say it's officail, there is one server up, it's the Linux 1.01 Test server. Raven/Lucasarts normaly puts these servers up the first days the new games or patches are active to test them.

Now My Opinions:

Ok so i played for about an hour here are things i found:

The Staff-Saber no longer does damage by animation but only by saber, it still hits, and still kills but doesn't hit as much and doesn't hit when it finishes

Single saber damage is a little bit better, however you might not notice it because of per place body hits

Ghoul2 seems to be improved a bit, sabers dont fly off to much and they bounce about right, better then before

Somethign very interesting (i know people will say this "WE CAN'R ROLL!") but there seems to be velocity based rolling, IE you cant roll if your just starting out running you have to be running for a whlie and speed up. However i can't get the back roll to work without a quick jump up first because you can't get enough velocity.

/Broadsword 1: This is alot better now the model rag-doll has been improved.

This are just my thoughts, and my quick interpretations of the patch

COOL! After some play testing - I found some unlisted additions/improvements!!!!

• Ragdoll: The physics are MUCH MUCH better. To turn on in MP, use the command "broadsword 1"...for more effect raise the numer. Very nice indeed.

• Melee!!!: Much better!! Added new move!!!! Press primary+alternate fire at same time to get Matrix-like pull-back punch!!! Very nice!!

• Vehicles: W00t!! Controls are indefinitely improved!! Try flying an X-wing now and tell me it's hard to control. Thank you sooo much raven!

• Kicks: Kicks are much better and more like SP. Still not auto-aim but you can actually hit someone now!! lol

• Changed Rolls: Rolls are now based on momentum. No more stand-still rolls now! Back-rolls are extremely hard as you need to jump to get momentum....

• Somewhat Improved Bot Behavior: Bots are more offensive and *gasp* somewhat more difficult! For instance, I jumped on top of a log and started slashing down on the head of the bot and the bot actually pulled me off of the log - which surprised me....lol

Please post if you find any more unmentioned changes/additions!!!

However i can't get the back roll to work without a quick jump up first because you can't get enough velocity.

Very strange indeed... I don't get the reason why they felt the need to change the backroll. This isn't a complaint per se... simply surprising, since it was one of the best ways to get out of a crowd quickly. O well, it was fun while it lasted.

this is only my opinion, but im about 99% sure of htis, the reason that back rolls were changed, u can still do them sometimes, or landing from a jump, or off a ledge, is so you dont roll alot when trying to do teh secondary backstab. also, the matrix-punch as it was described before was in the game prior to the patch, you had to set debugmeele to 1.

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

I like the no screen flicker when using dynamic glow with Catalyst 3.7! Those sabers look beautiful! :)

wtf dude update once in a while. 2 new releases of catalysts in like the last month. wth u been?

Archived