Home

Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)

Rumor

wtf dude update once in a while. 2 new releases of catalysts in like the last month. wth u been?

Rumour... fwiw, over the years I've learned from direct experience with ATI to never update a driver unless absolutely necessary. Same goes with Direct X... incremental graphics driver updates are notorious for wreaking havoc with other system drivers. Sometimes everything goes smoothly... but then at other times it creates a domino effect to where every other system driver requires updating as well - especially with mobo bioses, PCI interfaces, and pro audio/video hardware. Just an FYI.

I'm still running the 6.14 ATI drivers from last April on the first build of DX9, and seeing outstanding performance in JA.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got done playing on that linux-test v1.01.0 |128.104.203.70:29070| for a little over a half hour, it seems to be a nice improvement, I like the more accurate aim it takes to hit and blocking is way better.

So far I like. Havn't played SP yet though.

eniaC

Oct 29, 2003

1.0.1.0 (so it's newer than the Demo version which was 1.0.0.4)

Noticeable changes (NOTE: These are all MP based! I didn't try bots, ragdoll or vehicles yet, just a quick run through of FFA3 with the regular stuff):

-Punches now have a sound effect when swinging and you actually hear fist-on-flesh hit sounds during grapples with debugmelee. Wasn't able to test the "does nothing" grapple (just pressing both attack buttons with no direction), I'd probably need a willing victim... This SHOULD be the "choke hold" (that Kyle likes to do in SP) if it was done properly, but maybe they forgot to add it in again?

-Kicks now make a noise when used, not just when hitting, and this is noticable with the Staff kicks and Melee kicks as well as the kicks that are part of the staff moves.

-Cartwheels with the Single/Dual Sabers till missing their sound effects : (

-What others have said about the backwards roll needing "momentum" to work. It seemed a lot easier to do before, but a short run or quick jump first is usually enough to get it to work. Rolling several times in sequence (non backward rolls) requires several button presses, rather than just holding the buttons down (unless my memory is off you could just hold them down and do rolls forever in 1.0).

Everything else seems the same as before.

Note on Ragdoll, maybe I'm wrong but I thought Broadsword 1 simply turned all the ragdoll variables ON, whereas 0 turned them off. Changing it to other numbers shouldn't have a different effect... again, unless I'm wrong, but I swear that's how it worked.

have it downloaded and installed nothing much since ive been fighting bots.. singel saber on staff is now blue stance and the dual sabers are now yellow.. single to blue

You must be using a different version than I am because I'm using the update and Staff has yellow, Duals have blue, just like before, that hasn't changed. The moves are the same as well.

but the yellow dfa is now yawable (if thats a word) in mid air like it used to be in jo

I have NOT noticed this. I've tried spinning my mouse (which works with katas as it always did) but it doesn't work with the "Yellow DFA" (Flipping Attack, as its called in the documentation). The only time you could ever spin was at the very very end of the move when you were back on the ground with your saber held in the air (which was utterly pointless for scoring hits anyway). So it's always been "unspinnable" in JA.

To get rid of the patch you should be able to simply reinstall JA.

If you want to run a dedicated server of 1.0 you can use the dedicated server exe's, downloadable from Lucasfiles.

But I'd say everybody needs to simply upgrade and that will solve the problem. The question is.. did they fix the server browser bug?

I guess only time will tell.. but it would be nice to hear an official confirmation from a Raven person! (hint, hint)

Originally posted by Kurgan

The question is.. did they fix the server browser bug?

I tried using the in-game browser, and only 2 servers showed. After I played for awhile there were 10 in ASE, not sure if they went up after I started playing or not.

eniaC

My guess is that very few servers have upgraded, and like 1.04, only the servers patched will show up, like mine :D. So, like the readme says, wait a few days before expecting to see a lot of servers. (some will be always skeptical... In fact, I heard some still use 1.02c in Jedi outcast..:confused:

Well it must be working, I'm hosting a game from the "dedicated server" option in the new patched JAMP.exe and I have a guy in there right now playing.

It's a guy who's been to my server before though, so he might have just joined via IP, but you never know...

PS: I tried the attack+alt attack and it does NOTHING in MP (just like before) so the choke hold grapple was NOT added yet. Bummer...

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

WTF?!?!

IT DOESN'T FIX MY DYNAMIC GLOW PROBLEMS!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

IT WORKS FOR ATI CARDS BUT NOT NVIDIA CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And cheats doesn't work in SP!!!!

hey, what are your system specs again? And Include everything... Processor, RAM, HDD, VIDEO CARD, Sound card, Operating System, version of drivers (if known) and are you running DirectX 9.0.

Also, I noticed that with my WIN32 Dedicated Server settings, it seemed to crash if I had bots enabled, but once I took the line out and removed the old syslogs from the gamedata\base folder, it seemed to run, although no one is on my server:( :( :(

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

WTF?!?!

IT DOESN'T FIX MY DYNAMIC GLOW PROBLEMS!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

IT WORKS FOR ATI CARDS BUT NOT NVIDIA CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And cheats doesn't work in SP!!!!

are you serious crow ! now that super sux ! I'd prefer the chewbacca patch my mum sewed on my corduroys when I was 5 !

...proof that Raven responds to all the mp whiners out there(to an extent) though its good they fixed that 'server showing' thingy, that was just a plain old glitch they needed to fix quicksmart......

i'll go try it out and either: (being an sp player)

*not notice a difference

*it'll make things worse :(

time will tell....

*at least they fixed that 'continue with force maxed out' thing' ...

MTFWBYA

Originally posted by Akshara

Hey Crow... what happened to Kurgan's server? LoL... just went Kablooey in the middle of the game...

Yeah, crashed. i was typing and suddenly.

"Connection Interupted" :p

I tried reconnecting but cant. Anyway, Kurgans server is down right now.

After playing against Bots using Saberstaff and FF for a couple of hours, here's some things I noticed and wrote down about the patch differences... and pardon me if they're repeats of earlier items:

*The saber animations are dramatically improved - tighter and cleaner.

*With the staff, the Strafe swings are much cleaner, as are the Left/Right Butterfly moves - so much so, that they almost seem like they've been reprogrammed or something.

*With staff, the Walk + Backpedal + Strafe attacks do seem to be much different than before. It could simply be an animation thing... but I've been using staff for awhile, and the moves overall seem to have more variation to them. Maybe they were just blocky before.

*The Backflip Attack is much easier to execute on the timing.

*I didn't change my graphics card or video settings at all, but everything seems to look much crisper than it did before. Seriously... I do have an ATI 9000 card, however; so maybe the update affected the aniosotropic settings or something. It is clearer here... like I turned up the resolution or something.

*The Kicks have swoosh sounds! And they're much more accurate and quicker... especially the Jump Kicks, which are finally useful. The stab after the Kick worked smoothly as well. Still no Hilt Bash though...

*Swings are much more precise, especially noticeable with the Roll Stab and Crouch + Strafe cross swings.

*Blocking works! I actually blocked a Red Stance swing without moving to the side for once.

*The backroll isn't as big a deal as one might think. It's still pretty easy to do, it just can't be spammed or done from a standing postion. Simply jump straight up quickly and then execute it as normal.

Well these were just my impressions... one major difference was that I seemed to play much better against my usual Jedi Master practice bots than I normally do. Could've just been excitement... but the whole experience was simply more enjoyable than usual.

I give it three thumbs up...

Still waiting for our server to show up in the list. Hope they fixed it.

I've played for a bit on 1.01, and -this- is the game I wanted. This is the way it should have been from day one. I am quite pleased.

All the movements, even walking, feels different to me. So much smoother. The transitions from move to move are easier, and much more fluid.

What they did with the roll, I like that. Just, makes sense to me.

Barrier seems to last for only half the time as it used to.

Each and every movement of the sabers seem to have sounds. You should hear Barrier. hehe.

Jawa model is still accessible. Guess they either forgot about it, or didn't classify it as an illegal model. Saber locks are still buggy. Nothing has changed with them. Which is a disapointment but, everything else seems to be great.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but in 1.00 Two Sabers seemed a little off with the damage. Too strong vs the other sabers, but it now seems to be balanced out. And, another thing that still remains, is the saber spinning around you after a throw occasionally. Meh, can't get everything fixed all at once.

Andy867 and Darkangel...

I just wanted to point out that when I look at Qtracker with a Basejka mod filter, all of the same servers I see in the ingame browswer are there.. but yours. The only difference is that your servers are running custom maps. If you're still not showing up after awhile, try loading a standard map and see what happens. Just a suggestion... might end up having no relevance at all.

Archived