Home

Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)

Rumor

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by babywax

Patch is great, lots of gameplay fixes. Feels a LOT more like single player now. Staff butterfly is still rigged though :(

There's almost no fixes. Staff is still too powerfull ( with blue stance its more deadly now ) .

And there is still one big problem - no linux servers support.

Right now this patch realy sux!!!

Alright, it seems that there's one thing fixed - or changed, since it wasn't a bug - that's got me annoyed -if only slightly - since I first played the game... wallrunning on declined walls (not sure if that's the right word) is now possible (it wasn't before, or was it and I was just too dumb to notice?)! Wall climbing works, too! Sadly, no clinging is possible...

Also (but that might have been just my excitement) I enjoyed the saber battles with my training npc-Opponents (not talking about bots, haven't tried MP yet) definitely more, the blocking was better and so on, but I think this has been mentioned before...

I'm using the German version, and I know there are some differences to the US version esp. in getting dismemberment to work... I've always had to use 'g_saberrealisticcombat' - and that cvar is now gone and replaced by the 'g_sabermorerealistic' one... and that's write-protected! Damn it!

But I know there's a shortcut-workaround... so... I love this patch! Great work, Raven guys!

(editted...)

When patch is installed the server you connect to gives the message. Server uses protocol 25.

My host tells me the server is updated, which is not so it seems.

Anyone got a linux patch?

Coz I got 2 copies of JA at the moment.

ps: Atx go back to yur fake fear, and dont start your BS here. This is not the place for your BS and your lies.

What kind of crap is this? My card doesn't support AGP 8X?!?!?!

Crow... you really gotta learn you system better - and pleas stop screaming about your graphics problem repeatedly in every thread.

Either you card is 8x AGP compatible or not, and you should be able to discover either in the original documentation or on the manufacturer's website. Also, your motherboard has to be 8x AGP compatible as well, and it might need to be enabled manually in your mobo's BIOS.... again check the documentation or manufacturer's website.

Basically you need the right card, with the right settings, in the right slot, on the right motherboard, with the right BIOS settings for everything to work right[/]i.

:sheesh:

I cant connect to cetain servers...

Ok everybody... listen:

Once the patch is installed, you will only be able to connect to other servers running the same JA version, which will show up as the BaseJKA mod in most server browsers. The patch was released late last night, and the Linux server came out today... what that means is that it's going to take a few days or more for everyone to convert over to the new 1.01 patched version.

As as been suggested by Amidala from Chop Shop, if you don't want to get stuck in the middle here while all the servers scramble to update to the patch, then either simply wait a little while before applying the patch, or install a second unpatched copy of the game to a different location as a temporary solution.

It's not that big a deal... the server's are required to update to 1.01, you just gotta give them some time. Please be patient.

-----

PS... read this thread HERE and scroll down to Amidala's explanation of how to easily setup two copies of JA.

Originally posted by young Obi-Wan

erm... I'm renting a dedicated Linux server, it seems to be 1.0.1.0 ( since weeks). now, the new patch sounds good, but when will the first Linux patch be out? does neone know? unless there won't be some Linux patch soon, there will only be a few servers to play on.

Please read my post here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1374241#post1374241

Originally posted by eniaC

To find the servers that are running the patch look for game "basejka" instead of "basejk".

Nice find. Also, when using ASE, you can go to the 'Mods' switch, and check 'other'. I was about to post just that, but with the above, I'll add not only check 'other', but also look for "basejka" for game type, because there are a few 'blademods' also.

Right now, ASE sees 73 1.01 JKA servers @ 1640 EST...

I don't believe the custom map has anything to do with it, but, that KOTOR flight school map might. I've noticed that if you don't have it and a server does, it'll download it. So, I'll try taking that out and see what happens.

Butterfly Kick with Staff has been changed. There is no longer that two second pause at the end of the move, it's quite smooth going from that move into another, or just running off. The damage for it, from what I've seen has also been changed, it takes two or three hits to kill someone with it, and not just one anymore. You sure he or she just didn't hit you in the head with it? Location counts.

I've seen some Linux updates for the new patch. They're out there. Just look for them. =)

And, I do not see what you people are saying about Staff going into blue stance. It's still yellow for me. And, two saber is still blue.

I think this patch was a bit rushed. They should call it "The Multiplayer Patch" coz it does *F* all else. Some of the MP changes of course were very important to correct glitches that should've been picked up in testing... ;)

The stated SP changes are trifling, and yes the dynamic glow issue has hardly been fixed, not for all ATI cards and definitely not for nvidia cards(poor dynamic Crow !)

I hope this doesnt mean there wont be anymore patches to follow !

ah well, i could gripe all day, but my ja still works fine, although devmapall is no longer valid for activating cheats of course...

*tempted to reinstall because he loves devmapall* (that rhymes)

[plz no replies/flames about how devmapall is no good and reloads alot of stuff, I know all that, its just a sentimental thing :violin: ]

MTFBWYA

Sorry about the crash back there last night guys!

I (stupidly now I realize) thought I would watch a movie using Media Player while running the game.

MP crashed and took windows with it (dang you M$!!!).

: (

Anyway it's back up now, same IP and now using the spiffy new 1.011 dedicated server, yay!

Yeah I've been hearing that they removed devmapall (I guess they really really don't want us to use it anymore huh?) and force us to use helpusobi 1 only now. So try that...

PS: I'm still not sure what you guys are on about with this:

ok here goes:

when you use a staff and you change to a single blade you are not in yellow stance anymore... i assure you that is what happens the lil guage says blue

conversely if you use dual sabers with both sabers in hand your stance has been changed to yellow

i think you people need to look again

Duals and Staff both show "yellow" in default mode for me. When I turn off one Dual blade I get blue (without the kata). If I turn off one Staff I get yellow (medium) without the kata or yellow DFA.

It's exactly the same for me as with 1.0. I even tried the swings. Duals have blue for one blade off (Fast stance), same as single without the kata.

Staff with one blade off has yellow (Medium stance), same as single, without the kata or special move of course.

Now granted, I have Saber Attack Level 3 and Saber Defense Level 3 for both.

Are you saying that changing those levels now changes the stances you get with Dual/Staff? I'll have to try that, but I'm skeptical...

Archived