Home

Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)

Rumor

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that the a couple of severe bugs that plague siege maps weren't fixed.

I'm talking about the disappearing bridge in Hoth: sometimes the bridge (one of the objectives of the map) simply disappears after being extended. This bug seems erratic but it mostly occurs when an AT-ST explodes nearby. Needless to say, without the bridge the walker cannot cross the deep shaft and attack the shield generator. Imperials may still win but the game is obviously unbalanced.

Another similar but even more severe bug occurs in the Desert map. One of the protocol droid parts (the arm located in the small room to the south west of the town) sometimes does not appear at all, thus the rebels cannot complete their mission.

These two bugs are well known to all the siege players although it seems that only certain servers are affected. Last week, I spent half a day playing siege on a German server and I had no problems at all; yesterday night, on a UK server, almost every time Hoth was launched we were plagued by the nasty bridge bug.

Roll.

A lot of people are complaining about this. Why?

I love the new roll method. It makes sense. And, it isn't that hard to do. You only need to take two steps, then roll. For a backwards roll, you make a quick jump, then roll. Makes the fights slightly more interesting. I hope Raven does not back out on that idea.

However, I do agree that we need a new patch. Already. Just a few things that need to be fixed, like well. The Saber damage...still. Before, I thought two sabers was too strong. Now, they don't seem to be as strong, but, staff seems to be stronger now.

I am thankful they have the master server list working. I think that was the main issue, and, let's be realistic here. We cannot expect them to fix every little problem in the game in one patch.

So, they changed the gameplay a little bit. Someone mentioned it was more like SP (the roll), which is great. I want to see more SP elements in MP. The NPC AI in MP could be better.

I am however disapointed about the flying, now. It feels completely different, but, I'll get used to it. Hm. What else is bothering me? Oh, the fact that a lot of people are complaining about this, that, and the other thing. It's a game. Have fun with it, that's what it was made for. It wasn't made for a community to pick it apart bit by bit.

One bug I really wish they'd fix is that saber throw glitch. That's about the only thing that really bothers me. But, it happens.

Anyway, I know I said complaining about the game bothers me, and I've complained a bit, but, I still would like to say thanks to Raven for making such a great game, and doing their best to fix our problems with it. They could have not patched it. Screw it, we have their money, end of story. Weee. But, no. They're fixing it for us. So, again. Thanks, Raven.

Actually, I feel like the saber damage is quite accurate, I mean, obviously people need to continuously improve their skills in order to meet today's fast paced environment of new players, and with that comes new methods, so just learning those methods are honing on current strengths will help even against the ridiculed staff. I say ridiculed because all in Outcast, people were wanting it but not the cheats, and now that they have it, they are complaing that its too strong, and blah blah blah. If you had any skills, you wouldnt need to complain except for the real bugs.

This *moan* is from a MP perspective as I finished the Sp game in a day on Master and that was the last time I played SP.

The only "bug" that really bothers me is (excuse how I describe this as I do not know the technical jargon) the way that at least once a duel my saber goes right through my opponent without causing any damage.

This mostly happens with Red Stance Single Saber, but as that is my main Stance I can't speak for Staff Sabers and Duel Sabers.

It is by far the worst "bug" in the game, Saber damage can be changed by the host of any server veer config files, Clans can remain Single Saber only Clans, if they think the Staff and Duel Sabers are unfairly balanced or whatever.......but this "bug" takes all the skill out of a Duel.

If I lose to a Newbie player with a Staff because I didn't get out the way in time then that's fine and part of the fun but if I lose because my Saber cut through his mid section without damage...well that just makes my pissed off. Then add to the fact that this happens all day every day on almost every duel at least once.....I am starting to hate it.

All I ask is that if my Saber touches flesh it burns them.....is that too much to ask???

I know of at least one Raven Employee who reads these Forum Boards and if your listening I would love to know if they are, one aware of this "bug" and two going to do anything about it in the near future..i.e next patch.

Other than that big problem I love the game, and I loved Jk2 1.04 (never played the other versions), the other bugs don't bother me so much, would be nice to see Yellow Flip attack (other wise known as butterfly or yellow DFA) do some damage...at the moment it only serves as a quick way to avoid an attack.

So if we could have Sabers act like Sabers I'll be a happy man.

Well since we all *moan* Coraith hehe I wanna moan too.

I am mainly a single saber duellist and my point of view and my own oppinion is that staff or doubles are for noobs that got no skills and just want to win without making a real effort.

I've seen the same bugs with single too, I use yellow and red stance for most of my attacks. And believe me when I say it aint doing much. My saber has gone thru a lot of places on an opponent and still no damage? what the heck.. I just allmost immediately loose my fun.

I also know that this is just the first patch and like JO there were others before 1.04, I like Coraith dont know the previous patches of JO either. But I would have expected JA to be a lil better.

And whats up with only 1 private duel on FFA, most of the clans have FFA on but are more a duel clan. I know what most say and thats set it to duel.. But are you willing to stay hours and hours online in a waiting row just for 1 duel. I dont. I liked the multiple duels on FFA on JO. I would gladly see this happen on JA aswell.

I'm not here to offend anyone but im just a lil bit disappointed in a few things about JA. I was really hoping it be better, dont get me wrong. the models, textures and other stuff look great and way better. But somethings can use a change.

Cheers :)

When ever i i press multiplayer on the start menu everything loads up up to the screen saying Jedi Knight : Jedi academy . then it says

JAMP has caused an illigal operation

Details:

JAMP caused an invalid page fault in

module JAMP.EXE at 0167:004ddc60.

Registers:

EAX=00000401 CS=0167 EIP=004ddc60 EFLGS=00210202

EBX=4018daf8 SS=016f ESP=01c5e0a8 EBP=01c5e0f4

ECX=02e63e54 DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=4f57

EDX=00000000 ES=016f EDI=02f68010 GS=0000

Bytes at CS:EIP:

8b 06 53 33 db 3b c3 74 11 e8 42 05 00 00 8b 0e

Stack dump:

004dfc98 02f68010 01c5e0f4 4018daf8 4018d970 01c5e104 00000000 00000000 00424a82 01c5e138 4018d970 4018d878 4018daf8 01c5e0e4 4002740e 000000d0

---------

Help...

wok1

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by <|FeaR|>Storm

I have another problem with the patch.

I used to have a nice ping between 100-155 since my hosted server is in the states and im over in holland.

Anyway my ping now is 170-250... wot the heck happened ???

I'm very close in removing the dang patch coz I cant do a single thing on my server without lagging..

In a duel i hop and hop.. I used to be able to duel without lag.. now with the patch installed I get an abruptive high ping..

I think this patch needs to be patched. I know it took a few patches for JO back when it was new. But this is getting rediculous.. i cant beat anyone anymore.

Thank you..

I get 3 to 10 fps and 500 to 800 ping on jk2!!

And I still allways come out on top in ctf with 1000 to 2000 points!

SO DONT COMPLAIN!!!!!!!!!

and another thing...

there is NO WAY IN HELL the patch causes that...

ping matters ONLY with the type of internet and the computer speed witch affects fps.

Originally posted by jangofett804

just type in helpusobi 1, then use the setforceall 9 and playermodel boba_fett codes. Now if you use force lightning as boba, it should work. If only it were the same w/ the scepter...:fett:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/285791/shot0002.jpg

see for yourself, it works :D

So is that basically the same as ordinary lightning but with the flame visual effect, or is it proper uber-deadly Boba fire?

A problem I've experienced consistently since installing the patch is that when JA loads, it hangs on the opening screen (the one that has "Jedi Academy..." etc. on it).

I figured out that I can "switch" applications by using the Task Manager, but the TM doesn't come up. I have to do the key strokes from memory.

It's a bit frustrating to say the least.

Has anyone else experienced this? I scanned the thread and didn't see anything even similar. The issue might not even be related to the patch.

I do, however, notice more strange artifacts the the textures in the game now, though.

I'm using a Windows 2000 Professional operating system, btw.

Before the patch I did this and it worked fine but now it screwes up as well as doesnt spawn npcs, when I started the game I was a rancor, lol!!!! Anyone know what the hell is going on? Why don't cheats work, I put in Setforceall 3 and I get all the stances for like 2 seconds and then it goes to blue one handed stance. Any light on these subjects would be greatly appreciated.

Before the patch I did this and it worked fine but now it screwes up as well as doesnt spawn npcs, when I started the game I was a rancor, lol!!!! Anyone know what the hell is going on? Why don't cheats work, I put in Setforceall 3 and I get all the stances for like 2 seconds and then it goes to blue one handed stance. Any light on these subjects would be greatly appreciated.

Ok let me get this straight, you have to press two keys at once to switch stances with cheats on? If so that is very stupid, I don't get it Raven why wreck a good thing, leave the damn cheats the way they were, don't **** with things that don't need fixing. There is more then enough stuff that needs fixing without them ****ing with other ****.

Ahhh... figured out the Startup Screen hang problem.... it was ZoneAlarm. The updated version changed the exe and ZA didn't recognize it.

Removed the old JA MP profile in ZA, then "Add"ed a new one. Problem solved.

I still get video artifacts like the ones in the attachment. More now than before the patch. Does anyone know of a console command to reset graphics while still in the game?

ok i downloaded the patch and i noticed a few things that still have to be fixed and someother things that have been.

i noticed they changed saber blocking and im not sure what they did with blocking saber throw but it seems random now. they still need to fix the bullet problem where the charactor blocks if bullets are shot anywhere around him. thats a problem it should be only when shot at him lol. i dont know if this is a bug or not but i noticed sometimes when i do wall jump i get stuck on the wall (i hate that) . they still havent changed the stegnths of the sabers and theres still alot of ass fighting. i personaly think the sabers should be a little more powerful like they were in JO. i hate having to hit somone 3-5 times when they only have 100/25 hp with the strongest regular attack i have. for instance Red DFA should take all or atleast most of somones HP. standard straight down swing with red should take two full swings. and i noticed if you get too close to somone you dont take any damage. that needs to be fixed. actualy i dont see any new changes in the game so maybe it is a fake. ill see if i can get in contact with somone in raven to talk to them :)

You could always use the saberdamagescale if you want them to be more powerful. Why ask for yet another patch, when pettily stuff like that can be changed by the user. Actually, with the wall jump/grab. it seems to have been changed, and there is more features than what most have even tried, so before bothering Raven again, make sure to try the different gametypes and notice the differences.

actualy i dont see any new changes in the game so maybe it is a fake. ill see if i can get in contact with somone in raven to talk to them

If it's a fake it's fooled LucasArts because they have it for download on their own site. ; )

Anyway, the reason you're so confused is because you're expecting gameplay changes (like the JK2 patches), but the vast majority (99%) of the changes in the patch are BUG FIXES and EXPLOIT FIXES, not changes to gameplay.

Archived