Home

Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)

Rumor

Originally posted by SirYawnalot

By the way, how do you use the g_pickupabledroppedsabers cvar? I set it to 1 and tried pressing Use to pick up sabers, but no luck. They just vanish as usual.

After an opponent dies, just walk over to his saber, look at it (you'll see the use icon),and press your use button.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by razorace

- They didn't pack things correctly. There's two seperate copies of the MP .dlls in the patch. Oh well. :)

My bad. It looks like the game has a "working" copy that in addition to the original copy.
- Took out the compressed textures option of Video 1 in the MP setup menu? There was a compressed texture option?!
I asked Rich Whitehouse about it and he said that he thinks that compressed textures is on by default and that's why there's no longer an option for it.

Originally posted by Jawa8578

Unfotunately the issues over being able to drain more health back than someone can take innff dueling, aswell as a flag carrier being unstoppable in s/o ctf have not been adressed.

Try using Saber Throw. It's been twinked to allow much longer range.

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

the damage from throw seems lower on average now, which is a good thing, cause they ended up doing 50 dmg alot of hte time, which is way more than jk2.

Even so far as to have one hit kills from 100/100 on a few occasions for me (V1.00).

Originally posted by Kurgan

I (stupidly now I realize) thought I would watch a movie using Media Player while running the game.

MP crashed and took windows with it (dang you M$!!!).

: (

too bad you cant use that great minimiser program K, gets you back onto a stable desktop to do as you please.... but if you are running an older OS, doing many things at once is a recipe for disaster.....

MTFBWYA

Patch isnt bad but ive noticed a few things that havent been mentioned here:

The illegal models that crash servas still work, dunno if they crash servas on connect now tho, as do models like r2d2 where the skin is kyle but sound is r2 :D

Katas now have sounds that can be heard by other players

The fast/blue saber spin taunt now has sound

Cant roll more than twice forward (as well as the known backward issues)

In a saber challenge in ffa, if player uses a 'custom' jedi model, their aura will glow the color they chose for the character either on the profile screen or via Char_color_ cvars. (Note I found if you use the 256 256 256 code to get all black, you will be jet balck in duel all over, 35 35 35 isnt much better) :mad: Oh well bad to good old reliable black shadowtrooper

The alternate katas I posted about still work :D

Blocks defintley seems to be more reliable, katas seem to be useful for defense as well as attack

There is indeed a bug where only 10ppl can join a ffa server no matter what sv_maxclients is set to. The 11th and further players, will be placed in spectator mode and cannot jopin the game until a current player leaves. The /team cmd does not aelivitae this issue either.

The patch isnt bad...but could have been better...i.e. the semi completed siege map in the pk3's finished (since im on 56k that doesnt matta 2 much as siege is usually suicide unless theres <6 ppl) :p

I played siege once on my 56k... not too bad. When there was a full server i couldnt do a thing :D i walked out of a room, and lagged right back in there... lol. But when like 5 people quit, it was good... 400 ping on average, if my memory is correct.

personally, i think the rolling sounds more realistic. Ill have to wait to actually check it out myself. And about the katas, just looking at the kata you can tell it SHOULD kill you... if it hits right. In real life that would definatly kill you... easy. :)

I must say I fail to see this bug, because I found servers that are running the newest patch and they have over 10 people in a match for FFA... In fact, one has 23 people in a 25 person server.

servers_10plus.jpg

and I know these are patched servers because the basefolder is basejka, and not baseJK which is pre-patch.

Originally posted by AgentDarthThor

There is indeed a bug where only 10ppl can join a ffa server no matter what sv_maxclients is set to. The 11th and further players, will be placed in spectator mode and cannot jopin the game until a current player leaves. The /team cmd does not aelivitae this issue either.

Originally posted by Andy867

I must say I fail to see this bug, because I found servers that are running the newest patch and they have over 10 people in a match for FFA... In fact, one has 23 people in a 25 person server.

...and I know these are patched servers because the basefolder is basejka, and not baseJK which is pre-patch.

Andy, ASE doesn't differentiate between players and spectators (or bots for that matter), so there still might be only 10 players and the rest spectators.

I don't have access to a patched server at the moment, but it sounds like the default value for g_maxGameClients has been set at 10 by the patch. Server admins can check this by querying their server with "g_maxGameClients" in the console. The value returned should be 0. If it is 10 or some other number, send /set or /rcon set g_maxGameClients 0 and that should allow everyone on the server to play.

If you're expecting this patch to dramaticly improve the game play.... too bad. It doesn't really do much. I do like the fix of the ghost saber clashes when using single from dual... that's about it. Any other saber combat fixes are pretty difficult to notice. It is certainly easier to land a kick using staff, though... but the kick still does basicly NO damage at all. Still, the saber damage is very inconsistant and still pretty glitchy.

I'd hardly call this much of a patch at all.

Thumbs way down on this one...

Playing around with bots, the damage seems to be up quite a bit, especially with red. Also, I seemed to be able to block a little bit better when not swinging.

I played some duels and FFA, and damage still seems to be a bit higher. If you get hit while not defending, it only takes two red hits to get killed.

Are others seeing this, or is it just in my head?

Overall, I like it. It doesn't do anything too drastic, which is probably for the best. The browser bug is fixed, which was the most important thing. :)

I think it's in your head. I did some testing and overall the damage is pretty inconsistant still. I know they tried to do more with locational damage, but I noticed a swing in the leg actually did more damage than a swing to the head on a couple tests...

---------

Still, like I said time and time again.... The new patch would NOT remove the spinning of the barrier or other main special attacks. To all those nubs who kept saying it would, LOL I told ya so!

Has anyone else lost dismemberment ability?

I had a shortcut with this cheat "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 5 +devmapall +quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 5

Before the patch, I had dismemberment. Now nada. How can we get saberrealistic combat with the patch?

Is there another way?

Thanks

had a shortcut with this cheat "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 5 +devmapall +quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 5

I haven't tried this yet myself but I'm told that replacing devmapall with helpusobi 1 may solve the problem.

Apparently the devs didn't want us to keep using devmapall so they nixed it in the patch... go figure.

Archived