Home

Server Uses Protocol Version 25. ?????

JA_General

Hello. Can someone help me ?

When i join a server with ASE (All-Seeing-Eye)

P.S I have downloaded the Patch

Whell when i join a server i see this : Server Uses Protocol Version 25.

What hell does this mean. (That they not yet have downloaded the patch ?)

Please help me i Wanna PLAY JA! :D

See my post here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1373636#post1373636

You should temporarily maintain two installations of JA, one unpatched (1.00) so you can play on unpatched servers (99.99% of them at the moment), and a patched client (1.01) so you can join servers as they are updated over the next few days. Then you can delete the older (unpatched) version.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

See my post here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1373636#post1373636

You should temporarily maintain two installations of JA, one unpatched (1.00) so you can play on unpatched servers (99.99% of them at the moment), and a patched client (1.01) so you can join servers as they are updated over the next few days. Then you can delete the older (unpatched) version.

How i'm i gonna do that. when i instal JA on another directory wont the patch update that JA to ?

Originally posted by Akshara

So c'mon Amidala... chop chop...

;)

My server vendor http://www.JediServers.com just announced that the updated Linux dedicated server 1.011 has just been released, but due to workload it will take 2-3 days to patch all of the servers they host.

Just as I recommended that people temporarily have a patched and unpatched client, I will temporarily run a patched server and an unpatched server (intentionally!). I will leave 66.98.176.193 unpatched so the people who haven't heard about the patch and wander in will be instructed where to download it, and then they can go to patched servers including my other one that will be patched, 66.98.177.150.

Originally posted by JA_General

How i'm i gonna do that. when i instal JA on another directory wont the patch update that JA to ?

Just copy your GameData folder before patching and rename it to something else (even Copy of GameData is OK). The patch should only affect the original installation listed in the Windows Registry. If you are super-cautious, move the copy to a different directory, partition, or drive during the patch process. You can also set the attributes on the copy you don't want patched to Read-Only temporarily, then remove the Read-Only attribute later. If you don't understand how to do what I just wrote, don't bother then. Just make a copy of GameData and you should be OK.

After you do this you will have two copies of jamp.exe, one in GameData (patched) and one in Copy of GameData (unpatched). Make desktop shortcuts for each jamp.exe, call one Patched Client or JA 1.01, the other one is Unpatched Client or JA 1.00. Make each shortcut one at a time so you don't mix them up.

For Jedi Outcast, I had three installations of JK2, one for single-player with no skins or maps added, and two multiplayer installations, clean and "dirty" (full of added on maps, skins, sounds, etc.).

Archived