• Geforce4 Ti 4600 128MB 8x AGP - $164

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think io have decided to go for this card:

PowerColor Radeon

9600 256MB DDR, 128bit

- AGP, ATI 9600, DVI-I, TV-Out, Retail

its gonna cost me about 185 $ (yes, in norway the cards are more expensive)

is this worth it? i need an answer! i need it for KOTOR, JA, Battlefield 1942, CS:CZ, etc...

my old card is intregated(sp?) in my motherboard(i think thats whats it called), and sucks big time, it lags at JA with the lowest settings :(

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

But I thought that you card wasen't compatible with some things in JA. Isn't it a better idea to get something that is compatible all the way?

No.

A GeForce 4 Ti4600 w/ AGP 8x shouldnt have a problem. ;)

Im using MX 440 SE and it doesn support dynamic glow, and it lags alot with voldrumic shadows. But i dont think THAT will happen with a Ti4600. :)

ATI cards has lots of problems like flashing white lights in JA.

Originally posted by MMMPIE!!!

my old card is intregated(sp?) in my motherboard(i think thats whats it called), and sucks big time, it lags at JA with the lowest settings :(

you probably know this but i'll mention it anyway...

make sure you turn the on-board video off in the BIOS before putting your new card in, otherwise they'll confict and your computer wont be happy. ;)

I've had my GeForce 4600Ti since JO came out and it still runs most games with no complaints. Some of the newer games I have to back off some of the settings a notch or two, but so far it hasn't been a big deal.

I got decent framerates in JA and Halo PC with everything pretty much maxxed without overclocking.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

No.

A GeForce 4 Ti4600 w/ AGP 8x shouldnt have a problem. ;)

Im using MX 440 SE and it doesn support dynamic glow, and it lags alot with voldrumic shadows. But i dont think THAT will happen with a Ti4600. :)

ATI cards has lots of problems like flashing white lights in JA.

Hmm thats funny never had problems like that on my video card.

So guys...the time has come.

I think I have decided on getting the "PowerColor ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB DVI+CRT+TV 8X AGP." I'd rather have a Radeon 9700 or 9800 but I don't think I want to spend over $200 on a video card - I'm just not that rich to be able to afford that ;) ... So any last complaints/suggestions before I order? Scream at me if something is wrong with it! hehe...

I'd consider a GeForce but the lack of DirectX9 support troubles me. ATI seems to oogle with more features anyway (w/better deals too).

I think this should be able to handle Deus Ex 2, KOTOR, and Far Cry, right?

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=610730

this should help you. :)

Gah! Thanks for the link but now I'm super-confused.....I found a GeForce FX 5900 for $200 and it's got me wondering.....It's supposed to be equal to a Radeon 9800 PRO......Any thoughts???

Here's the link: http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/product.asp?pid=7546&ad=pwatch

I think I'm going to be choosing between that and a Radeon 9600 XT. The GeForceFX 5900 is supposed to be loads better but all I've heard is bad things about NVIDIA.

Whats the difference between OEM and the normal one?

The OEM doesnt come with the box, the normal one comes full. But its not worth it because you're only paying a bit more JUST for the box. So OEM is still better. :)

Unless you're really worried that the card will get damaged or something.

Archived