1. 1. Best deal?

• Radeon 9800 128 MB (non-Pro) - $151
    • Radeon 9600 Pro 256 MB - $134
    • Radeon 9500 128MB (non-pro) - $127
    • Geforce4 Ti 4600 128MB 8x AGP - $164

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok for the record...I purchased an ATI Radeon 9600 XT and I'm very impressed. I upgraded from a GeForce2 MX 32MB and see a HUGE difference - which is no surprise....If anyone else is interested in a new card while keeping it under $200 then this is the deal for you. Oh and I got a free coupon for Half-Life 2 as part of the deal - so that didn't hurt anything... ;) Here's the run-down for those that are interested:

I can run Jedi Academy at 1024x768 with max details, dynamic glow and projected shadows with hardly any slow-down whatsoever. BTW, Dynamic glow completely changed the game for me, it is incredible...in my opinion....

I also can run the Deus Ex 2 demo very well even though it's not optimized well and is buggy. I get 30 fps consistently and have all the details pumped at 800x600.

Max Payne 2 has no slow-down whatsoever and is beautiful (more so than Deus Ex 2) at 1024x768 with max details.

Also both Halo and Splinter Cell are crystal clear and run very smooth at max details @ 1024x768....

I haven't bought KOTOR yet but I can't imagine having any problems with that - every single game I've tried has run extremely well (apart from Command and Conquers: Generals which crashes for no apparent reason).

So yeah....I hope this helped someone....

The exact link where I bought from is here - highly recommended

Hey what is projected shadows anyway? it looks weird, didnt noticed it before.

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Really because thats the card I was last using except it had 64mb and it ran like total crap.

Should have gotten the 128MB one.

PS: I also got a new card and its as good as a Radeon 9600XT :D

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Hey what is projected shadows anyway? it looks weird, didnt noticed it before.

Should have gotten the 128MB one.

PS: I also got a new card and its as good as a Radeon 9600XT :D

That isn't much faster. ther is only a 5% to 10% increase that isn't much.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived