Home

Swamp Awards 2003

Father Torque

I can never choose on these thingers! You guys are all too cool :cool:

Originally posted by Siv

if groovy and rhett had a baby together...

...yeah... if/// *looks in mirror*

Why did they disown me?

Anyhoo.

Most Lost and Confused Swampie: Me!

...what can I say, I'm selfish, lost and confused.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by The Count

What he said.

This is a pointless stupid thread.

Seeing as this thread still exists however I would like to make a new award.

Most pointless stupid spammy thread, that has no worth whatosever.

And I vote for "Swamp Awards 2003" congratulations Father Torque :D

Come on, man. You don't have to be so freaking mean to Torque. If you think it's stupid, good for you. You don't have to go about putting Father Torque down. :mad:

Nicest Swampie - Wacky (Mainly since he never said anything mean, except maybe he said something about my hair once...)

Most Helpful Swampie - Tough choice, but I have to say Rhett. Helps me on MSNIM. :)

Best Avatar Making Swampie - Darky (Without a doubt. Most talented here.)

Best Sig Pic Making Swampie - Again, Darky.

Coolest Swampie - I would say "me" and then say "ehm" and then say the person's name, but that would be a cliche, and would be copying everyone else. So, I'll just say, RP.

Most Original Swampie - Eggplantfacemandudester

Favorite Swamp Thread (This Year) - I just...don't know. Well, I'll say the Av/Sig Pic comp threads.

Best Thread Maker - F.T. because he always thinks of something new and inventive.

Most Talented Swampie - Erm, Grooves?

Best Woman Swampie - leXX

Best Man Swampie - Darky

Best Swampie - Rhett, of course. :)

Originally posted by The Count

And I vote for "Swamp Awards 2003" congratulations Father Torque :D

Dude thats harsh, I dont even no you, and you dont even know me.

Thanks for the votes guys. Very Appreciated.

And to all of those who dont like these threads. I guess I could say, that this isnt meant to put anyone down or anything. Its just an form of entertainment. WE need a good thread right now that will bring more life into the swamp, since there have been many lifeless threads lately. I didnt mean for this to offend anyone, and im sorry if anyone is truly hurt by this thread.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I dont like the swamp awards, people always feel bad when they dont' get voted for anything. Ergo, Vis a Vis, I will not vote

Ergo, Vis a Vis, Concordantly..ERGO, VIS A VIS, CONCORDANTLY!!!

*cries, runs, and listens to the Mtv 2003 Awards Matrix Opening*

(Sorry that it's off topic, but it was just too tempting to pass up)

Me neither have ben around for long, but ill vote at the categories I feel comfy about. (e.g., trying not to hurt any1 since I dont know them)

coolest swampie: Tie

favorite swamp thread: JA screen captions

best thread maker: mmmpie, the fav website thread rocked, got lots of good out of that

best female: gotta be Lexx

best male: hmmmmmmm... Siv

originally quoted by father Torque

Dude thats harsh, I dont even no you, and you dont even know me.

:D no me or know me, man if I get the mis spells award, you get the fractal grammies for creative sentence grammar.;)

anyhow many will think this soppy but I don't care.

as I have said privately;

lucas forum members do you want a award?

well I can do one better for you

(actually it is lucas forums) which does it.

being a member of the lucas forums community

is your own reward

and i think a just reward is better than a questionable award

given to you, any day of the week.

you get to meet peeps whom normally you never would,

say they suddenly spring at you at school a project on say

Scandinavia? well there are forum members from there,

whom would be more than glad to help, inform you

straight from the horses mouth.

(ah you guys do have horses there, don't you?):)

anyhow you can make cyber pen pals, meet peeps with leads on files and programs, find peeps to play online games with, share music likes and dislikes, find out about books you never read, or movies you never heard of, ETC...big time.

there are 1,000ths of lucas members, and if you notice the swamp has an increddibly fast turn over on threads, even good ones can get back paged real fast. it is impossible to give everyone an award, it is possible however to reward everyone who joins the swamp. 'IF' you like posting here, get the odd laugh, find something to make you smile, hear news that makes you go weeeee!!!!! then thank your fellow members\mods and admin's cause it just don't get better than that.

and should you find the swamp and the LF forums not to your liking, I am sure you will find somewhere else in cyber space which fullfills your niche requirements.

anyhow sometimes i read a thread which i have no interest in, personally I just DO NOT post. I mean JA captions, maybe they are funny, I am sure they are, but since I do not own JA and most likely will not, why should I post just to say "these quotes are dumb" or "JA is dumb" or any other negative thing.

competion should be friendly, and praise from swamp members is nice, but whether I win or lose, draw or tie, get nominated or not, I do not care. I am a swampie and have made friends here in the swamp. therefore i am a winner!

and so are the peeps who have had the chance to get to know me.:cool:

Originally posted by MMMPIE!!!

Well, as most of u probably know i'm a total noob at the forums, but i'll vote as for what i've experienced this far! :D

Coolest Swampie: Tie 23 (those star wars sexually suggestive lines cracked me up!)....

Yes!!! Thank you!!! Had no idea any one would vote for me!

Remember, vote for me! :D

meucu.jpg

http://www.oxley-threads.com <-- Cool site siv

TiE

This thread serves no point whatsoever. It doesn't matter who's the most popular or whatever. I'm tired of seeing this kind of crap. It's upsetting and sickening.....

What he said.

This is a pointless stupid thread.

Seeing as this thread still exists however I would like to make a new award.

And I vote for "Swamp Awards 2003" congratulations Father Torque

I dont like the swamp awards, people always feel bad when they dont' get voted for anything. Ergo, Vis a Vis, I will not vote

I wish you would all shut the hell up. If you think this is such a f*cking stupid thread, then don't post in it. I feel sorry for Father Torque. Imagine how he must feel with these people coming in and posting spammy messages about this is a pointless thread.

Count I gave you an award in the other swamp awards, and hey if you are going to open this thread to read the comments and then make comments, I guess you are on a barge sailing north to Cairo, because man not only are you in De Nile, but you are also living Vicariously through all us swamp members who have mutual gross national happiness with each other. I am sure if you enter into Google bitter, jaded and misanthropic forum, you will find a haven for grumpus's like you:mad:

Originally posted by Darth Eggplant

Count I gave you an award in the other swamp awards, and hey if you are going to open this thread to read the comments and then make comments, I guess you are on a barge sailing north to Cairo, because man not only are you in De Nile, but you are also living Vicariously through all us swamp members who have mutual gross national happiness with each other. I am sure if you enter into Google bitter, jaded and misanthropic forum, you will find a haven for grumpus's like you:mad:

Translation...plaease?

He's saying ( very intelligently I might add, fun to read :p) that Count really needs to stop posting threads where he lashes out in anger.

Seriously Count, take a chill pill, and stay away from these forums if you intend on spewing out crap that you have just posted.

Now, BACK TO THE AWARDS!! enough of this foolery ;)

Calm the hell down, kiddies. Now this thread is a bit 'o harmless fun, that's all. The world is not going to implode just because you didn't get an award nomination. You do not have to come in here and take out your aggressions because you didn't get nominated. Boo frickin' hoo. Just like someone said. You don't like these threads, then get out.

My personal opinion on these things? I don't like them. I think they be childish and inane. Now, you say it's all in good fun, because these are forums meant for discussion and having a good time, yes? I think ET Warrior best summed it up...

It's not meant to put people down, no, but it invariably will, because people who've been here for short times, or even people who've been here for long times won't get voted for anything, which in turn makes them think nobody here likes them and then they are hurt.

This is sad, but true. Why? Because everyone wants some recognition. And when they don't get it they feel bad. Even if said recognition is from a forum of people that they only know on the internet. There is a thread like this year after year and it's usually the same exact people who get the awards. All it does is put people down. I know it's not meant to do that, but that's really what it does.

In closing, I will leave this open for you people to have your fun. But in the future, seriously consider the consequences of any "award" thread you start. Because even if you mean it to be fun, somebody will have hurt feelings.

I agree with Rogue here, but I think there comes a point where this touchy feely stuff needs to get flushed down the toilet, if the swamp was just a touchy feely hell hole, nobody would come. Nobody would want to. Even if the people dont recieve recognition, its not like they are gonna die, its not some huge event. Its just an award tread at a forum. And also for recognition, tons of new members are expecting a ton of awards, i think its fair to say that you have to earn you recognition. I did, and all the people being nominated did it.

Now I aint tryin to put people down, but seriously consider this. Are you really getting hurt by this?

Now lets get on to voting, there has been an actual vote in a long time.

Archived