Home

So...what do you REALLY think of the patch?

Neverhoodian

What do you REALLY think of the patch?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What do you REALLY think of the patch?

• WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! This is the BEST thing that has ever happened to JA!
    • I like it, but I'm not crazy about it.
    • I kind of prefer verson 1.0, but I don't mind that much
    • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! How could they?! They absolutely ruined the game!
    • More gravy, please

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by StormHammer

Er...who said that, and when? Do you have a link to a quote...because I don't recall seeing anyone from Lucasarts or Raven promising anything like that in a patch.

In fact, they didn't officially announce the patch until just after it was released and available for download.

Anyway, I've installed the patch, and the in-game server browser certainly seems to be working better. Other than that, I can't tell much of a difference - although I probably haven't played extensively enough since installing it to notice all the little tweaks people seem to be talking about.

threewave software is making new maps.

I'm currious...

What exactly is there to dislike about this patch?

It did little other then fix a few bugs, so I don't see how it can ruin the game or be considered anything other then a great patch.

Unless the point is it didn't do enough...

So what exactly do people dislike about the patch?

Maybe people don't like that it's easier to block now, so they get cained by skilled single-saber users :p I wouldn't be surprised if people held this opinion, given how many folks hated the removal of 360-degree backslash in JK2. (if you don't see the connection: both are welcome improvements, but numerous dumbasses don't like them)

Well i've set the new seta g_saberNewControlScheme "0" to 1 and haven't noticed anything different in SP so far. i just wish there was some better documentation showing what the new settings are for what they do and what are the different settings E.G 0, 1, 2 ect.

I'll just have to experiement for a while, I've also noticed some new settings in the jampconfig heres what i've noticed as new so far.

seta g_saberDmgDelay_Wound "0"

seta g_saberDmgDelay_Idle "350"

seta g_saberDmgVelocityScale "0"

all we need is info on the various setting options

Did you enter

\broadsword 1

in the console first?

In 1.0 MP I noticed that having ragdoll on and getting blown up by a bunch of explosives would often cause the game to crash (I'd crash out of my server, leaving a 999 ping "ghost" behind, and have to kick myself then rejoin).

I haven't checked to see if this is fixed or not, but it mostly happened in Siege_Korriban (for obvious reasons, heh).

I'm not CRAZY!!!LOLOL!!shiftone! about this patch, but it is a good solid release, that cleared up some bugs (unlike the "patches" that got released for JKO *twitch*). Lets hope they keep this trend going of just fixing the game rather than "FIXING"(<--insert neon glow there) the game like what was done to JKO.

Bug Fix goooood

Nerfing baaaaad

Now if they would only get rid of that friggin WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL message I'll be happy.

Kurgan, BJP3E meant the ragdoll fix for SP. There was no fix for ragdoll issues in MP at all.

Like BJP3E, I didn't notice any significant changes to the ragdoll. Still slow to respond, and sometimes not respond at all.

Possibly something smaller fixed.

An unrelated question: How do I get the no. of FPS to display on the game?

WJTW

Originally posted by GunShark

I've just noticed something a little interesting in my JAconfig this line was never there before the patch but i dont want to muck about with it just yet incase i screw over my settings.

seta g_saberNewControlScheme "0"

Then again i thik i'll make a copy of my jaconfig and see what happens when i select 1. i'll let you guys know what i find.

I'm pretty sure that was in SP v1.00. I tried it but it didn't seem to do anything.

Originally posted by Pnut_Master

For anyone that uses the ships and fighters, HOLY CRAP--The new flight controls are freakin awesome!

indeed they are!

and the fixed sound system for the sabers in mp makes me happy. i was tired of only hearing one or two swings instead of many.

hmm i think the patch is not so good. Because am a siege player and it seems now with thet patch that the saber damage is increased. First we thought is was the server, but that wasnt it because it had standard setting. NOw alot of people are jedi and they only hit you ones and your dead! I played siege because of the weapons, and now there only jedi's and after a few second your dead because some dude saber trow you again. before the patch you could be jedi but that was most of the times stupid now all people are jedi they dont no how to play the game the only now where the saber trow button is.

If am wrong plz say so :D

Originally posted by mutan

Because am a siege player and it seems now with thet patch that the saber damage is increased.

That is excellent news. Jedi were worthless in Seige before.

NOw alot of people are jedi and they only hit you ones and your dead!

Uh, doesn't this sound like what a lightsaber should do?

I played siege because of the weapons, and now there only jedi's and after a few second your dead because some dude saber trow you again.

Guns/explosives can still be effective against Jedi. Besides, you could always have a friendly Jedi protect you...

before the patch you could be jedi but that was most of the times stupid now all people are jedi they dont no how to play the game the only now where the saber trow button is.

They don't know how to play the game? It sounds like they are killing you OK, so doesn't that mean they know how to play the game?

Perhaps you should state some rules that everyone should abide by so you can use guns...

i dont say i dont like the saber i say i dont like saberdamage is now to easy as a jedi to kill somebody

That is excellent news. Jedi were worthless in Seige before

the werent worthless but someone who was good with guns could defeat a jedi. BUt if they where a good jedi it was hard. Now its nearly impossible for a someone with a gun to defeat a jedi or you must see him coming.

They don't know how to play the game? It sounds like they are killing you OK, so doesn't that mean they know how to play the game?

MAN am not some freaking noob. Siege is team based. you have to work together to complete the objectives. YOu need therefore different classes. Now there a lot of jedi who dont play for the team they only kill people ! THis could be usefull but not all the time!

Well, I suppose the bug fixing makes this patch quite good... but since they ignored what I care the most (1st person lightsaber POV and Bot routes in Siege) there's still no reason for me to buy the game. Too few improvements on Jedi Outcast and a forced unfunny 3rd person lightsaber POV. :mad::(

i dont say i dont like the saber i say i dont like saberdamage is now to easy as a jedi to kill somebody

But isn't that as it should be? From the games that I played before, the jedi were pretty much useless, because gunners could just use alt-fire with the heavy weapons and clean Jedi out.

I just think it is probably a good thing that Jedi are now at least more capable and dangerous, and that this an improvement over the previous version.

the werent worthless but someone who was good with guns could defeat a jedi. BUt if they where a good jedi it was hard. Now its nearly impossible for a someone with a gun to defeat a jedi or you must see him coming.

Jedi may now be much more potent, yes. But a gunner still has the ability with an alt-shot or two to take out a Jedi. It is possible to dodge a saber throw, especially if the range is enough. A gunner's advantage is fighting from a distance, and the Jedi's is fighting in closer quarters. From what I have seen, gunners are still able to be effective at a distance. Your milage may vary.

MAN am not some freaking noob.

Relax :) I didn't say you were a "freaking noob." All I said was that since you claim that most people are Jedi and are able to kill everyone with ease (including yourself, I presume). If they are able to kill people consistently like you say, then it seems to me that your statement that "they dont no how to play the game" is false. This is in terms of being able to kill opponants.

Completely the objectives of the Seige game is another matter altogether:)

Siege is team based. you have to work together to complete the objectives. YOu need therefore different classes. Now there a lot of jedi who dont play for the team they only kill people ! THis could be usefull but not all the time!

I agree completely that different classes are needed to complete objectives, and that people who are just FFAing "ruin" the game. However, this behavior isn't the fault of the classes themselves (Jedi or otherwise), but the players themselves. They could just as easily act the same with guns.

i know but if they have a gun and they suck at that they will be killed everytime, now with the jedi they can kill someone easy and now you just walk 2 sec and a dozend of jedi's is killing you. BUt ofcourse it make a difference of the people who are playing you right about that. But yesterday it made me mad that everytime all those jedi where coming. We won easily thats not the point its just annoying that some people who dont no what siege is like sabertrow you over and over again

Other point in some servers are people who are team switching all the time thats also very annoying. I hope there comes something that keeps the teams even.

For me the saber thing is not a problem at all, because, to be honest, I played JA with g_saberdamagescale from day 1.

I remembered what Raven said about saber damage in JK2 1.04 (use 1 for duels if you want longer battles, 2 for non duels), and took their advice.

I simply learned to play that way with increased saber damage.

Jedi have mad sk1llz with the saber and that is good because they are so easy to kill (no shields, no ranged attacks other than saber throw and lightning which not every Jedi have anyway).

For example the Dark Jedi on Siege_Hoth is super duper weak, anything to make him more useful is fine by me.

I have no trouble killing Jedi (unless they're better players than me) on any of the Siege maps in general and as a Jedi I have to be smart and play hard to defeat good gunners.

But yes, the point is completing the objectives. You may be slaughtering people left and right with your saber throw (then again, you can't block when the saber is out of your hand, so that's a prime time to get shot up!) but if it delays you from completing the objectives... you lose!

Plus, at the default settings, sabers are incredibly weak for destroying breakable objects for the most part, so Jedi are only so useful with their sabers alone. Except on Korriban, the Jedi is really a support class.

For gunners this patch seems great because it has fixed some glitches here and there, but lets be serious here guys...to us hardcore NF saberists, it has totally ruined our game! Why take out the back roll, now we get stuck in a kata and can not get out of it as easy! Its a pain in the ass to do a forward roll, Don't say that you just have to look down to roll or double tap , any of that bs......I have spent hours analyzing the roll, and its just completely inconsistent and a pain in the ass! Just when i feel I have the roll down, it just plain and simple will not work...ya you can jump then go into a roll every time but that does not work very well in duelz! There was nothing wrong with the rolling in the first place! If your a gunner do not comment on my post because you do not know what your talking about! Well instead of roll stabbing now i just have to lame backswing because i know when my opponent is vulnerable doing a kata that I can NOT rely on the roll stab working! *sigh* Rolling is huge part of nf sabz both in duels and in ffa! It completely ruined the game I play! A good thing it fixed was the ghost hits! LOL , alteast they got that right! Maybe next patch they can make it so we drop both sabers and have to stand there and headbutt!

Archived