Did you like Pirates of the Caribbean  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like Pirates of the Caribbean

• Yes! Awesome!
    • It was ok.
    • Nothing special.
    • I hated it.
    • Never saw it.

I just now remembered that Pirates of the Caribbean is coming out on DVD soon so that lead me to thinking... Who here liked Pirates of the Caribbean? I thought it was an awesome movie, the best one I had seen since The Two Towers came out... There was just something about it that was really appealling.

So, who here liked it or disliked it?

Originally posted by the_raven_0_3

Awesome. I am the first person in here that has yet to see the movie, but I have heard good things about it so when it comes out I will be looking forward to seeing it.

You sir, are a FOOL for not seeing it!!!!

Oh, and by the by, I'd just like to mention to everyone that I do actually know this fellow for reals, and he IS a fool!

My wife and I went to see it on one of our rare kid-less times out (boys stayed with my parents ... we got a hotel room ~15 minutes away ;) )...

... it was time well spent. There was an interesting story, interesting characters with depth, no pseudo-intellectual mumbo-jumbo, and good acting ... everything you didn't get in a Matrix movie in 2003 ;) (unlike in 1999 :( )

Funny thing is - my wife is not a 'repeat viewer' ... which means I drive her nuts as someone who saw Star Wars about a dozen times as a kid ... so I don't know if we'll rent or buy the DVD.

Mike

i think this movie clearly shows how your expectations can affect your opinions.

I think most people who saw it weren't expecting anything special, so they came out very happy with it.

Unfortunately, due to the film coming out much later in the UK than the US I had already heard great things about it, so i found it to be rather disappointing.

I thought it was an average film, made above average by Johnny Depp and kierra Knightly.

It's still one of the better films of the year, but then this has been an awful year for movies. I'd put Kill Bill as my fave of the year, followed by X-men 2 with PotC and T3 tied for third place.

Originally posted by toms

i think this movie clearly shows how your expectations can affect your opinions.

I think most people who saw it weren't expecting anything special, so they came out very happy with it.

You took the words right out of my mouth. :D... The previews didn't give a clue on what i twas going to be like and I didn't read any rave reviews or any reviews for that matter, so I came in to the theater thinking it was going to be "just another movie." That might be why it was so good.

Archived