Home

g_sabermorerealistic in SP

corv2k

After installing the new patch, devmapall can no longer be used so how do we enable the g_sabermorerealistic in SP? The way I was doing it before (found it in a forum thread on a site; can't remember where) was like this:

Created a shortcut to the jasp.exe file which had the following in the target under the link properties:

"E:\games\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +set g_dismemberment 1

Now of course since devmapall doesn't work like it did before, does anyone know how to redo this command line? I tried replacing the devmapall with helpusobi 1 but that still didn't work.

Would really like to get around this if I could...

Thanks...

Corv2k

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I feel like I'm beating these guys with a wet newpaper now.

In the offical patch thread someone said to add a dismemberment command to the autoexec.cfg file. What would the syntax of that be? And more importantly will it work?

Why did they write protect g_sabermorerealisticcombat anyway? :mad:

you can't alter it in game either way, only works with that target line in place I have noticed that while playing the dismemberment does not always happen and even cuts on and off slicing one NPC and not the next I actually like it this way to as it make it more real when stad

play for awhile with the line in there and it should just happen sooner or later

Originally posted by ogre_h

In the 1.01 offical patch thread someone wrote that we should change the name of the jaconfig.cfg to autoexec.cfg

Would this solve allow sabermorerealistic to be activated, and prevent it from being overwritten?

I was the one who said that. :D

Try typing the dismember command into the "autoexec.cfg"

Yeah, that is one thing I don't like about the patch. Previously, I could use good old 'saberrealisticcombat' for dismemberment.

This time, however, it added the new 'sabermorerealistic" (which did not exist in my unpatched game.) into the game. Now, 'saberrealisticcombat' is useless.

WJTW

Reply to Crow_nest.

When you say :-

Try typing the dismember command into the "autoexec.cfg"

Which dismember command would that be???:confused:

I have been surfing the net looking for answers to the "dismemberment" problem and have seen more "answers" and commands" than you can shake your Lightsaber at, but none seem to work correctly.

So when you say command do you mean g_sabermorerealistic and if so what number do you set it to (I have seen anything from 1 to 3000). I have also seen a "dismember" command as well in a different forum.

Does anyone have a definite answer that works??

I agree with WJTM though, why have they messed around with this, they should have just left it alone.

Originally posted by simonarnold

Does anyone have a definite answer that works??

...why have they messed around with this, they should have just left it alone.

This is becoming a gripe for me with the patch..... also, as I dont play MP much at all, I have had *F* allbenefeit from it....

it was just so nice, i had "g_saberRealisticCombat" bound to my "n" key.

hope someone can come up with the right answer.....

MTFBWYA

*goes off to consider reinstall sans the f%$king patch*

What i mean is try typing the "g_saberrealisticcombat 5" or try "g_sabermorerealistic 3000" (Not sure if its 3000)

*goes off to consider reinstall sans the f%$king patch*

Yeah, this patch really messed up the game a little. And it took away my favourite bugs. NooooooOOO!!!!

Thanks, Ill give it a go, although I might have tried it already, I have tried so many things!

The problem I have is that the patch did sort out the lighting problems I was having (Got a Radeon 9700), I kept getting these White outs whenever I was near a light so I dont really want to take it off.

Oh well, if anyone else comes up with an answer to dismemberment let us all know, its not the same when you cant cut a body in two.;)

Originally posted by simonarnold

:p Dont worry that is set to on.

Which really does beg the question why we have to go through this nonsense to make it work!!!

Ask Raven!!!! :p

Same for dynamic glow, why do i have to go through all those trouble to make dynamic glow work? (But in the end, i didn't get it to work. sadly) :(

My dismemberment works perfectly well in SP and MP, I'm not sure which exact command does it but try putting all of these in your autoexec.cfg in your base folder. Copy + paste so you don't make any typos...

helpusobi 1

set g_sabermorerealistic 2

set g_dismemberprobabilities 100

set g_dismemberment 3

set rcon_dmflags 8

set broadsword 1

I can't remember what the last 2 do so I'm putting them in anyway.

By the way, in SP i've noticed that bodies keep having the scorchmarks cleaned off them after less than a minute (I've got g_corpseremovaltime set to 0), and I could have sworn it didn't happen before. Anyone know of a way of fixing this?

The problem is, whenever a new game is loaded (or a saved file), the configs are overwritten.

AND, even if I had renamed the file to 'autoexec.cfg', a new jaconfig.cfg would be created, and JA would use THAT file.

So... what can I do?

A question: For those using 'sabermorerealistic', is it really more realistic, or is it just a fancier name that serves the same purpose as 'saberrealisticcombat'?

Why do they even need a new code?

WJTW

My dismemberment is working perfect by altering the options in jaconfig.cfg since the new patch, you may want to check your config file as i found saberrealisticcombat twice and put both to 3 and now i have FULL dismemberment working fine. Also on a side note the option for dismemberment in the set up menu is now empty (no on or off selected) which appears to override the new setting. I can start a new game from scratch or continue a saved game with my saber on realistic mode, i can roll into sith in SP and cleave them in 2 with the stab through the gut or cut of heads with the saber throw.

Hope this gives some help.

Archived