Home

WIP: Hilt Pack

alaris

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tesla

Looking good. :D

What program do you use to model these ?

Milkshape 3d. Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Windu were rendered in 3ds Max, and Maul was just the milkshape3d 3d viewport. I'm working on a tutorial. I have the modeling aspect done. I just have to get the "getting it in game" part done.

Man alaris, this stuff is simply amazing!!! I almost can't believe it!

I know this is a very, very bold statement... but have you ever considered making an ultimate hilt pack with all of the hilts from all of the movies (and your own amazing creations as well).

It would be a ton of work and would no doubt get very boring, but it's something no single hilt maker as ever been able to do, or much less try.

However, if I could choose someone to make such a pack...I'd be you. Your hilts are really that good. :D

That is a TIGHT Mace Windu Saber Alaris, actually Professional is the word I should use to describe all your work, or should I say Perfection? I am truly amazed at your attention to detail! I haven't seen anyone able to get the gold electrum plating color for Mace's saber yet, but low and behold! Again, as always dude, nice work!!!

Padawan_7, Dude do you know what thread that you are posting on? This is Alaris's "WIP: Hilt Pack". Which means he is making a hilt pack of practically all his sabers(Movie and custom). Check out his past posts for the excellent work on this project. You will see that what you requested in your post will come true!

Milkshape 3d. Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Windu were rendered in 3ds Max, and Maul was just the milkshape3d 3d viewport. I'm working on a tutorial. I have the modeling aspect done. I just have to get the "getting it in game" part done.

Milkshape 3D, is their a free version of that, 3Ds Max cost bomb loads...:(

Have you given them the tag for the blade, or whatever you have to do to make it have a blade in-game ?

If you talking about setting up a .sab file, which makes it work in-game as well, then i coudl do that for you if your having trouble... :)

Lopyerheadoff,

I have read all the above posts....

Originally posted by alaris

After the snub "I'll stick to the movie hilts" comment, I thought I'd add a few movie hilts for fun.

Instead of a pack of a few movie hilts along with his own creations, I was suggesting a pack of all movie hilts along with his own creations. :D

Originally posted by Tesla

Milkshape 3D, is their a free version of that, 3Ds Max cost bomb loads...:(

Have you given them the tag for the blade, or whatever you have to do to make it have a blade in-game ?

If you talking about setting up a .sab file, which makes it work in-game as well, then i coudl do that for you if your having trouble... :)

All the hilts I've posted are in game as shown and have their own .sab file---so they will be in both Single Player and Multi-Player.

The only exception is the Maul hilt. Apparently, only the double-bladed hilts are limited by 1000 polygons, so I had to remodel almost the entire hilt. Below is a screenshot of the Maul hilt at 990 polies. :dev7:

maul_ss1.jpg

The Obi-Wan hilt is the only hilt that goes over 1000 polygons. All the rest are just under if I remember correctly.

Ok, Friday and Saturday I made "The Peacemaker" hilt. Originally I made a 2D photoshop drawing of this hilt for my buddy almost a year ago for his Star Wars RPG Bith Jedi Apprentice character (Bith is the race of musicians in Mos Eisley's Cantina).

Anywho, the hilt is actually based on the hilt of an actual ninja sword that sells for just over $100 retail, so neither I nor my friend can take credit for the originality of the design. Nonetheless, I think it's a sweet design and makes for an awesome lightsaber hilt.

peacemaker_ss1.jpg

Archived