Home

WIP: Hilt Pack

alaris

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alas, I am alive. I sincerely apologize for the long delay, but there is a good reason. I got really sick over the hollidays, and my eyes started displaying afterimages almost immediately (most noticeable while reading or looking at monitors). I saw a couple of eye doctors, and the problem has lessened a bit, but it may not go away. Needless to say, modelling and skinning have become a bit more challenging with this new problem.

I wanted to add a few more hilts, but I will release the hilt pack as is (see below).

lightsabers.jpg

I will release two versions--A MP version and a SP version.

Thanks for all the interest in this project. I will submit to Lucasfiles.com within the next few days.

Alaris, that hilt pack is simply amazing. Comparing your film hilts to my Master Replicas props, I must say you missed no details atall. Beautiful work with them all, I especially like the last custom hilt in the pic :D Best of luck with future projects and with your medical issues.

Originally posted by Tet Akito

Any chance of submitting to some other JKA sites? (jk3files.com & pcgamemods.com)

This would definitely help the distribution. But I'm just so happy they are releasing them at all. :)

The hilts are on the new file section in lucasfiles

Just click on the link then click on download now!!!

Alaris Hilt Pack for Jedi Academy

good job Alaris

the only thing is the Dooku saber doesn't hold downward like in the movies does anyone know how to fix that???

RJW_ca

RJW_ca@hotmail.com

going to be my new site with pic's of models I'm working on

Eh, not sure what you mean by upside-down, since the saber looks right in that pic. As for your other issue, the hilt pack isn't compatible with any other SP hilt pack. I could release a MP version only pack if anyone's interested.

Eets told me that lucasfiles was the only place people get files nowadays, but if jk3files and that other place are still up, I'll submit there as well.

Originally posted by alaris

Eets told me that lucasfiles was the only place people get files nowadays, but if jk3files and that other place are still up, I'll submit there as well.

A lot of people use pcgamemods.com as well. But it is up to you.

Again, simply outstanding work! :)

Originally posted by alaris

Eh, not sure what you mean by upside-down, since the saber looks right in that pic. As for your other issue, the hilt pack isn't compatible with any other SP hilt pack. I could release a MP version only pack if anyone's interested.

I see what he means. According to his pic, if you were holding the hilt down at your side and activate, the blade would extend toward your rear instead of your front. Strange, I don't have that problem (see above post).

This is the one thing I loath after releasing stuff. The nit picking. Let's just pretend the jedi activate the lightsaber and then rotate in their hand for grip purposes. Or we could pretend they use the force to activate their lightsabers since they are so familiar with their hilt. I've seen pictures of mace holding his hilt in both directions, so let's not nit pick please.

As far as the thickness of the double-bladed hilts, it looks like the Maul hilt is a bit thick. Oops.

Originally posted by Michaelmexp

You lot should be a bit more greatful since Alaris actually finished this even with bad eyes. No more nit-picking damnit. :indif:

I did not intend my observation to be viewed as nitpicking. I was just trying to be helpful. The rotation issue does not even show up in game for me. And the thickness was simply that.. an observation in hopes to be helpful.. As I posted earlier, your work is absolutely beautiful. Sorry if it was taken as offense.

Archived