Home

www.orderofthejedi.org

HonotStyles

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

I challenged these guys way back...,

...all I got was some rpg "honor drama".

you macho MP guys are good for laughs. Its like watchin days of our lives on here... :violin:

I really cant tell if you guys take your MP gaming *that* seriously.... well do ya...punk(**in clint eatswood voice**) :p

ah well, more power to you ! :p (when all else fails, quote KURGAN)

MTFBYWA

Nothing macho about it, he asked if there were any better, I responded.

I played on their server now and then in JK2, no challenge at all.

I heard the same rhetoric about those guys in the past so I went and made a challenge for a friendly match to see if they were any good.

They started getting all RPG on me in the match comments, you know "thou shall test thy steel for thou art a noble knight blah blah"...

A couple of their guys got all pissy because I spoke like an American citizen in the match comments and not like some galactic Spanish conquistador...

But that aside, the match never happened because they went all drama queen about "laming" or some other nonsense so I just "lamed" on there server now and then when I was bored.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

"thou shall test thy steel for thou art a noble knight blah blah"...

.... like some galactic Spanish conquistador...

I CANT STOP LAUGHING !!!!

Im a Star Wars/EU freak, but anyone who carries on like that :

a)in real life /even at a SW rpg game

b)on a JA server,

c)even as their GALAXIES character

needs to have the force kicked out of them!

MTFBWYA

Yep, Order of the Jedi are a funny bunch indeed... Also easy to slaughter multiples of them at once. Sort of like *BS*, but instead of getting a "fgt, hrhr" (not joking) out of them, we get some D&D jive. "I cast magic missile!" "Dude, this is JKII". I show my dormmates and they just laugh it up.

Then they wanted me to kill them.

Just a while back before the JKII/JA transition, I heard from sources say that OotJ was solely responsible for starting the honor codes... Yeah, and I invented the f***ing internet.

See the RPG talk is funny now and then for laughs, but I would think that would have a place in Galaxies (after all, IT'S AN RPG!!!) but a FPS like JK2/JA? Naaah...

The "laming" thing gets me every time. ; p

If it was a tournament you signed up for and agreed on some "house rules" in advance, that's a different story though.

Good luck finding people to join your clan/play against/with though.

PS: Try the clans forum!

Originally posted by Kurgan

See the RPG talk is funny now and then for laughs, but I would think that would have a place in Galaxies (after all, IT'S AN RPG!!!) but a FPS like JK2/JA? Naaah...

C'Mon ! If you were carrying on like that in Final Fantasy XI(online), it might be cool, but not in GALAXIES, not in the SW universe at all dammit !

politician approaches bounty hunter :

"we must eliminate the senator from naboo, she has become a nuisance..."

bounty hunter: observe my Nagruk Blade, parry, thrust, mana magic lv 2, she shall be felled !

*groan*

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Master William

MTFBWYA, you are 100% wrong. SWG ( Star Wars Galaxies ) is a MMORPG. Multi Massive Online Role Playing Game.

Doesn't the last three words in the name somehow... ring a bell? :)

But it is a Star Wars RPG, not a medieval fantasy RPG. Thus, talking like a 10th century knight is just as out of place in Galaxies as talking like Snoop Dogg.

Originally posted by Prime

But it is a Star Wars RPG, not a medieval fantasy RPG. Thus, talking like a 10th century knight is just as out of place in Galaxies as talking like Snoop Dogg.

Thats right ! Thanks for chiming in PRIME :)

Master William - Its Astrotoy7 btw(MTFBWYA = may the force be with you always. It just something I sign posts with to show i'm probably more a SW person than a hardcore gaming/fps person...)

After watching 5 movies, 1 holiday special :p , more than 50 novels, more than 20 comic tpbs, and more than a dozen pc/ console games, plus assorted sourcebooks over the years, I have never come across anything that describes a character in the SW universe as talking like someone in Dungeons and Dragons, or any other fantasy type RPG(even Final Fantasy - of which I am a huge fan...)

I havent got Galaxies yet, but plan to have a go at it early next year. I know a number of people who do play, and frequent SWGalaxies.net just to see whats going on. From everything Ive seen and heard, Ive seen no signs that everyone playing Galaxies has decided to talk like they are at King Arthurs Round table, just because the game is an (MMO)RPG....

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by AxVegetA

Move along....................................move along

Pointless reply... Pointless reply.

I'm glad I never picked up SWG, decided not to once I got word from a few beta testers on the inside. Watching a PA tell me about how bad it was going was enough to turn me away from anything SOE produces in the next five years.

MMOs lost their touch when Verant became SOE.

(ooc: the following is a "Homies of the Nu Skool" adventure...)

*Zhen Jou, Jedi Dominatrix, throws her Jedi Mind Trick, effortlessly relieving AxVegetA of his will...

Zhen Jou: You don't need to respond to this topic...

AxVegetA: I don't need to respond to this topic.

*ZJ cracks her light whip

Zhen Jou: These are not the forums you're looking for...

AxVegetA: These are not the forums I'm looking for.

*ZJ runs her finger along AxVegetA's chin with a bemused grin

Zhen Jou: We can go about our business...

AxVegetA: You can go about your business.

*ZJ playfully but with noticeable force slaps AxVegetA across his hindquarters with the handle of her light whip...

Zhen Jou: Move along...

AxVegetA: Move along................. move along.

*As the thread passes, ZJ removes a thermal detonator from her *special* hiding place and with a slight laugh and graceful turn, casually tosses it over her shoulder.

>>>BoOOoM<<<

Originally posted by Akshara

(ooc: the following is a "Homies of the Nu Skool" adventure...)

*Zhen Jou, Jedi Dominatrix, throws her Jedi Mind Trick, effortlessly relieving AxVegetA of his will...

Zhen Jou: You don't need to respond to this topic...

AxVegetA: I don't need to respond to this topic.

*ZJ cracks her light whip

Zhen Jou: These are not the forums you're looking for...

AxVegetA: These are not the forums I'm looking for.

*ZJ runs her finger along AxVegetA's chin with a bemused grin

Zhen Jou: We can go about our business...

AxVegetA: You can go about your business.

*ZJ playfully but with noticeable force slaps AxVegetA across his hindquarters with the handle of her light whip...

Zhen Jou: Move along...

AxVegetA: Move along................. move along.

*As the thread passes, ZJ removes a thermal detonator from her *special* hiding place and with a slight laugh and graceful turn, casually tosses it over her shoulder.

>>>BoOOoM<<<

:drool1:

Archived