Home

Monkey Island 4 - PC or PS2

Bobo Donkey™

bgbennyboy extracted and released all of the concept art, I'm pretty sure they're in the Monkey Island Discussion forums somewhere. I have a few of them here, and I could probably find the rest with a little time if you fail to locate them via the search tool.

Originally posted by ThunderPeel2001

So did you ever finish the PS2 version? What about the extras etc?

~ John

I haven't finished it yet, but I'm far enough along to make an educated guess that the changes I listed was about it. The only real extra was the concept art that benny linked to above.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Bobo Donkey™

Which version of Monkey Island 4 is better?

The PC version...

Or the PS2 version?

Obviously, if the PS2 version is at your library, get it, but after playing through both completely, I must say that I prefer the PC overall. The main reason is because of loading times. Maybe I'm just spoiled by a fast computer, but I found the PS2 loading times of EMI to be nearly intolerable at times, and in some cases they hurt some of the game's comedy. If you have a good computer, EMI can have practically no loading whatsoever. Also, though the PS2 version has "smoother" graphics, I find that walking is much choppier in the PS2 version. The last big reason is that iMuse is much more pronounced and effective in the PC version.

I'd also like to mention that I've yet to find the PS2 version to have more "uncompressed sounding" dialogue. *shrug*

Well its been one week since I bought my PS2 so to celebrate I got MI4 out the library}:¬)

I'll play it as soon as I get home (which is usually half past 7 cause thats when the library shuts, unless I get bored with the internet or too many people want on it)

(I should probably be doing my homework really, ah well)

(Just for the hell of it I'm making a link to this. It even has a screenshot from MI4.(most of you have already seen this though))

Archived