Home

Roll...really screwed?

Yourself!

Roll works fine... you simply can't do it from a stand-still postition anymore. You have to have a slight momentum in the direction you want to roll for the Forward/Left/Right - for Backward rolling, simply tap the jump button lightly right before executing the roll, and it works fine. It also works without the jump tap on ledges and stairs.

The purpose was to prevent spamming of the roll moves. It took me about two hours to adjust to the new settings... and I can still use the roll very effectively.

Yeah I don't see the point really, since the Roll Stab uses 1/4 your mana.

Where the roll thing really hurts is for non Jedi (aka in Siege).

Rolling has major strategic value for surviving short falls (that easily kill non Jedi or reduce their health to almost nothing) and for rolling under trip mines.

The way it is now you have to get a running/jumping start to roll under the mines, but with proper timing you can still pull off rolls to survive falls (just a little trickier).

It's sort of like the double-tap jump thing for kicks in JK2.

I guess maybe before in a duel you could just roll around continously in a circle and randomly do a roll stab and be harder to hit? Though I've never seen anybody do that myself...

Originally posted by Kurgan

I guess maybe before in a duel you could just roll around continously in a circle and randomly do a roll stab and be harder to hit? Though I've never seen anybody do that myself...

Unlikely IMHO. I didn't see anybody do that, too. but I can think a few counters, which any player who are just better than average newbies can find and execute.

The only time a roll is during katas especially dual saber and staff katas. If someone does a taunt in FFA.

Sometimes I do it for special cases where I feel I'm going to land it or I do it by accident. I still haven't noticed anything different with forward or side rolls. So it still doesn't effect me I guess.:rolleyes:

Well the nurfed movement of a roll made it useless to dodge saber swings as soon as JA was released. It seemed it was too easy to dodge the 1337 blue style krew, so raven had to nooberise the game to accomodate these unskillful users. Anyway, thats the story of JA...back to rolling.

Now that it can't be done from standing still is a bid to cut roll stab whoring (cough...BAN DFA CUZ U HURE IT...cough. Yes add a force restriction to stop dfa whoring, but just replace it with another whorable move. GJ raven yet again.). Rolling is now officially useless. Its no longer able to dodge swings, no longer able to surprise attack people and no longer able to move you faster. GJ raven...maybe take running out of the game cuz people are running out of mah duel saber spammage. k thnx.

Originally posted by Jawa8578

Well the nurfed movement of a roll made it useless to dodge saber swings as soon as JA was released. It seemed it was too easy to dodge the 1337 blue style krew, so raven had to nooberise the game to accomodate these unskillful users. Anyway, thats the story of JA...back to rolling.

Now that it can't be done from standing still is a bid to cut roll stab whoring (cough...BAN DFA CUZ U HURE IT...cough. Yes add a force restriction to stop dfa whoring, but just replace it with another whorable move. GJ raven yet again.). Rolling is now officially useless. Its no longer able to dodge swings, no longer able to surprise attack people and no longer able to move you faster. GJ raven...maybe take running out of the game cuz people are running out of mah duel saber spammage. k thnx.

There are certainly many other moves available to kill people if you don't get the hang of the new roll. A slight alteration of roll should completely destroy your game.

If JA is too "nooberized" for you, playing JO might be more your thing.

Archived