Home

WIP: "Republic Gunship"

NeoMarz1

Well the Zam Speeder is pretty much done, so I'm now going to put the Republic Gunship ingame.

1) I dont know if it will be very playable due to its size.

2) There probably isnt any way to put passengers in it, but will see.

3) I will probably have a finished product sometime in this coming weekend:D

If your curious... just jump over to my website, and youll see the finished mesh;)

http://www.geocities.com/neomarz1@sbcglobal.net/

well we got it ingame, and I must say that it isnt as bad as you might think (at least as a speeder bike model)... The scale may be a bit small so I may tweak it up later, unfortunately I havent got it to work as a ship yet, i think the size has something to do with it. The error comes up when the game boots up a map... Error:"vehicle extensions to large (veh.)"

anyhow here are the screens

rpgx1.jpg

rpgx2.jpg

rpgx3.jpg

Look'n good...gota say a few things though.

1) The front should be a little more rounded, and the cannon tubes should be just a tid-bit shorter...[ http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/republicgunship/img/movie_bg.jpg ]

2) I assume sense you based if off of you swoop, it fires lasers for this reason...in actuality, though, the main weapons were the duel rocket launchers at the top. The secondary might be to fire the f'ord cannons...

3)I have looked at a post somewhere, and it is possible to assign a certain weapon to an individual. For instance, someone made it so the lambdashuttle is controled by a pilot, and 2 [or 3] gunners. Each gunner controls a gun. Thus, it is possible...I reccomend you talk to our fellow modellers and make this into a joint project, so you can do the gun thing

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Wow I haven't seen the new skin update. Have you showed anakin this. He'll be impressed.

Well I decided to use some new techiques that I have picked up as of recent. It does look better eh?

I discovered why no one has tried to do anything with this model, I found texture errors, and other mistakes. We may want to use both of these recent models for our maps (since I have worked out most of the bugs). Mars out

Originally posted by Usurpo

Look'n good...gota say a few things though.

1) The front should be a little more rounded, and the cannon tubes should be just a tid-bit shorter...[ http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/republicgunship/img/movie_bg.jpg ]

2) I assume sense you based if off of you swoop, it fires lasers for this reason...in actuality, though, the main weapons were the duel rocket launchers at the top. The secondary might be to fire the f'ord cannons...

3)I have looked at a post somewhere, and it is possible to assign a certain weapon to an individual. For instance, someone made it so the lambdashuttle is controled by a pilot, and 2 [or 3] gunners. Each gunner controls a gun. Thus, it is possible...I reccomend you talk to our fellow modellers and make this into a joint project, so you can do the gun thing

To be honest, I didnt know which way to go (since I have seen two different weapon types used overhead for two different models)... Yeah the front needed to be rounded, but the ship is already using a monster amount of polys (since I modeled the interior as well). The screens just happen to be the wrong angles, it actually does look better as you move around the front. Mars out

Thats not nessicarily a bad thing. If the middle of the craft, the part where people walk though, is not of the vehicle, it could hold ALOT more people who can fire and everything...very cool. Its somthing to deffinatly invest in...:clone:

Now, I think I may have a way to lower your polys. Make the wings skinnier. The only semi-bulky part is next to the missile tubes...the rest is almost flat. The front is a little more curved inwards, so you can probably shave a few there...[please keep in mind that I have no actualy knowledge of modeling, and am just guessing what a poly is, and how to reduce them...]

Originally posted by Usurpo

Thats not nessicarily a bad thing. If the middle of the craft, the part where people walk though, is not of the vehicle, it could hold ALOT more people who can fire and everything...very cool. Its somthing to deffinatly invest in...:clone:

that would require a complete overhaul of the vehicle system.

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

The scale may be a bit small so I may tweak it up later, unfortunately I havent got it to work as a ship yet, i think the size has something to do with it. The error comes up when the game boots up a map... Error:"vehicle extensions to large (veh.)"

That's because you have more than 12 vehicles in your base (default ones included)

We wouldn't nessicarily have to re-write the vehicle code and everything...one time, while playing Kotor Flight School on-line, I was suprised to find that someone had jumped on my lambda shuttle. I went up and down, to the left and the right, and yet they remained alive. When I rolled to the right, using the right strafe key [d] they died...this is actually where I draw my inspiration. As I said, its deffinatly somthing worth looking into.:clone:

Archived