Home

Jackrabbit's Thoughts

Jackrabbit

Ok, I’ve been with this PA for almost a year now. I’ve been around for some good times, and some bad times, and a lot has happened. Through it all, I’ve tried to voice my opinions, but I’ve had a lot of them. As you all know, I quit the PA a month or 2 ago. For some reason, I now feel closer to everybody. With that being said, I first want to let everybody know that I’m probably going to come back. I miss you all, and I really want to spend time with you all again.

Now that we have that out of the way, it’s time for the real reason I’m making this post. This post is going to be my thoughts, mostly rambling straight out of my head. It might be a little messy, and offensive. Let me start with immediate issues…

I hear we’re moving again, or kind of moving, or almost moving, because another PA is moving in on our turf. This is what, the third time now? Why the hell don’t we put our foot down, huh? If somebody started building on your lawn one day, would you just frown and move away? No! Then why the hell do we do it TIME AND TIME AGAIN?! We look like a bunch of …well, you know. We need somebody to get a hold of the situation, or else we’re going to end up on Talus. If I was ingame, I wouldn’t let this go without a fight. I don’t mean a literal fight, but you can be damn sure I would be talking with this PA as much as possible, trying to get their heads out of their asses.

Ok, let’s move on. Last time I was online, there was no teamwork in this PA. From what I hear, it’s still the same way. I’m not going to lie – when I was doing rebel missions, and nobody was helping me, that was my breaking point. I talked to people everyday, and they were always doing Jabba missions, or having trouble grinding this or that. I actually talked to a few people who said they were just sitting in the cantina with nothing to do. Through the whole thing, I was wondering what people were thinking. Jabba missions are worthless, and they will always be there. Anybody who needed Medic XP should have been with me – I have a tendency of draining my action. Combat XP? I went through half of Pistoleer in a week and a half. Money? I made 700k in a week and a half. I was doing something I didn’t want to do so I could help the PA, and nobody wanted to help me. That’s why I quit.

Let’s not dwell on that subject though, it’s in the past. My question is this – why is there no teamwork in this PA? We each have out little groups, but we hardly ever did anything as a PA. Murashu planned group hunts, but he soon ran out of ideas, and people stopped coming. I tried to organize a hunt for Marauder armor, but my computer died. I was hoping people would still go, but from what I hear, nobody did. Froobuk opened a restaurant, which I thought was awesome. Because he couldn’t play very often though, he put almost everybody on the admin list so they could pitch in and help pay upkeep. I went there once a week for a while, but it looked like I was the only one paying. Last I checked, 95% of the PA didn’t pay taxes. Hell, let me go way back to when I was grinding Smuggler. Almost the only person who gave me containers and weapons was Murashu. We had 4 Weaponsmiths, and none of them helped me with WUKs. Does anybody else see the problem here? Why are we always keeping to ourselves, staying in our own little groups? It’s been like this since the beginning. People have tried to fix the situation time and time again, but it never works.

Our PA is a democracy, but I don’t feel like it’s a true democracy. Three of the leaders are European, one is away fighting in the army (from what I hear), and many are MIA. Meetings are on a day when not many people play. Because of these factors, sometimes things don’t get voted on. One of the biggest, in my opinion, was the city moving to Naboo. I don’t think more than seven people actually got to say anything about that. Now we have votes on the boards, but not everybody reads them.

Ok, here is what I’m trying to get at. We need some changes, and I think I have an idea. We need a public relations person. This person would have a lot of jobs, but multiple people could do it if need be. She would act as a representative for the members, letting the leaders know just what is on the members minds. She could organize PA events, such as hunts and parties. She could also be somebody to hang out with or talk to if bored. I’m not talking about yet another leader, I’m just talking about somebody to kind of keep things going. The members are busy doing their thing, and the leaders are trying to keep the PA running smoothly. If they don’t have something to keep them meeting in the middle though, there is no organization.

So, who would this PR person be? Well, I was hoping it could be me. I feel like I’ve been the guy sitting in the corner, watching everything go down. I have a good grasp on the situation, though, and I’m coming forward and sharing my thoughts. It doesn't have to be me though, it could be someone else. It could be me and somebody else, or a group of people, it doesn't matter. I just want to help this PA stay alive and continue to grow.

So, those are my thoughts. I’m sure I left a couple out, but give me some replies and they’re sure to surface.

lol you kept saying "She" are you a she, hehe jk..

BTW, the PA that built in behind us was... Trinity... no way you can stand up to them grask. if you do not know them they are huge bigger than TIO almost... gotta be the same size but rebel. possibly bigger. and were not really leaving cause they moved in near us. but cause Naboo hit the city hall cap which was 10 i think only 10 cities could be made on naboo which was hit. we had a naboo hall we could only place that hall on rori or dantoonie so we went for rori. since its an easier planet and all. and its pointless to wait a month b4 having a chance to have a city hall built. becuase corzip or whoever is politician will need xp.. politician is really hard to grind up it takes a whole week just to get xp cause you only get xp for votes and votes only take place every week. the day the hall was built so you get xp one day a week lol if people vote for you that is.

lol So far I don't think we stand for anything Reaps :p,

but yeah it's been filled. I know on Shadowfire...which by the way is becoming my new main char. we got our's up and the whole PA well most of it, Moved from that crowded lake to our new city (well outpost)...It's wen't by fast and efficently. THat's what I like then Zido came up with the name armonia everyone liked it :p and that's our city (oupost). Now it will have to grow but they usualy don't grow that fast...but once we get things going we'll be in buisness over there :) hehe funy thing is we're all entertainers...well more then just that. we're musician's and dancer's too, and I've met some good friends that we meet all the time cause we don't care about finishing act II or doing jabba's missions...all we care about is being there in the cantina haveing fun. :p (but we've had this problem with this one perfert named Muzik.):D

well those are my thoughts :p

Don't make your Shadowfire character your main character!

Grask, I totally agree with you... Me and Richton were the only ones, beside Corzip (who was letting us make the decision), who wanted to fight for our land. I kept trying to convince everyone that we could get help from TIO, and other guilds, but nobody would listen, they started calling me a whiner and such. It lead me to the point where I was so upset, I wanted to leave the guild. Trinity ruined everything. We're moving to Rori though... I've finally given up and decided to just go ahead and go to Rori. Jo-dae is the one who finally convinced me, saying how we could be the city that brings people to Rori. I'm still a bit upset though. We really should have stood up, but everyone just wanted to get the hell out of there... Kind of really pisses me off. Especially since because of Trinity, I wasted 60k! I oughta make them pay it... Or I'll hire a bunch of Imps to place mines and such in their city...

yes, but check your email x'ero, i have found our replacement town, Neoc knows where it is easily, it IS a carbon copy of our old area, its perfect, its 7200m outside of moenia, i will warn you, Thalnax(TIO) is 1700m from there, but there is stiill plenty of land in the area, i talked to Claark in TIO and he said they wouldnt be upset to have us there when the cap is raised. there is also land east of them closer to moenia that is good land that is untouched, for the imps we are about 1000m or less to an imp battlefield plus the emporers retreat, and then we got moenia for the rebels in teh guild, im telling, this could be our place..

As far as the stuff grask mentioned above, yes we all lazed about the base, but i feel we've learned teamwork alot. i left -A- about a three weeks ago and was in DS for a week, over that time i grew to appreciate the -A-. also, as for marauder, im up to it almost any time, mostly on the weekend if we can. but we need a good size group for the Gorax. i cant take out a 30K HAM creature with my flame and a graul. :p. But guys get on and either as corzip, jan, baboo, toonces, bogey, x'ero, keldor, or ryxx for the location i found if you didnt get it, i know for sure they got it. if we all are ok with it by tonight..im gonna pack my rori house with some maintenance and then set down another house out there to start reserving it. and for how fast TIO works, we can have easy run soon, cause i bet their first priority is a shuttleport, i know that would be nice :D.

Corzip, i would like to set down my large house again, if you could send me an email quick as with what to do..i'm gonna go and pick up all the donation house stuff. i'm not gonna set it down this time...or for a while at least. ill keep all the stuff in my bank and when we are ready we can set it back up.

situation:

like a few hours for the city patch is unleahed a memo from the devs apear that only 10 cities per main planet can be build.

cities have to be placed at least 1000 meters from eachother.

the outer planets can have 25 per planet i believe.

when i finally got ingame. 6 cities were already set up on naboo and tattooine was capped already.

i talked to trinity and when i learned it was them south of us building it was to late. i didnt even get a chance to talke to them about it untill it was to late.

options then were:

option 1. ask them to redeed and go somewhere else. but....

- he also payed the city hall for 500000. so its meant to last a long time.

- City halls can NOT be redeeded. they can be destroyed. BUT only by the mayor and the destruction takes a week.

option 2. live along side eachother. but...

- their city is like 600 meters south of us. no way we can make a city then.

option 3. pay them cash to move away. or threaten them. but...

- this is trinity. they posses millions. how long do you guys want to save up for that. even if they would agree.

- threaten them is not an option as small PA. please hear me.

yes we could say you low scum sucking pigs. get out of our turf or we will sick TIO on your location. well we will lose Giles as a friend fo the PA. many people in the PA would think the affiliates chose sides. and maybe leave. such an operation would not take a week. a month.. no several months before you bugged trinity that much before they leave there. i dont want every time i step into the game to think im in war with trinity and not be save... especially now that insurance is back on.

- they helped us.... i talked with one of the leaders extensivly before i found out the cap was filled. he talked me through it and he tried to get us a city hall without asking for money. but the guy making city hall had some failures and needed more minutes.

instead we bought the city hall. (wich i have to repay some of you for) and still found out we couldnt place it. its not all trinity's fault.

the fault lies: devs screw small PA's.

unless we become TIO or even Trinity. we cant do **** about a lot of things.

..... so thats the sad truth. believe me i want to fight for our turf here. but its frikken trinity.... you have to see this... I cant do this... many of you know me from start... I dont like conflicts. it drives me crazy.....

then this became the situation:

we have to move. we could stay there yeah. but not as a city.

we would just be the same ol' small group of people there.

if we want a city. we will have to move. unless someone gets trinity so far within the next month so we can move.

the Rori settlement is for me VERY temporary. i saw to late i placed the city hall inside a small other group. and i dont want to drive them away. so this hall will be up only for a month.

im gonna ask baboo to make as many city buildings as he can.. including 2 new city halls.

thats my thought.

my orders for everyone really is: find us a spot.... away from people. away from any other buildings. large enogh so we can fit the buildings in what we have now. and we will make a new hall at that place when the new patch comes out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what happened yesterday in the guild chat... is... well it was almost to much for me. i saw jo leaving xero leaving everyone shouting and everyone jumping eachother throat. and what ever i said... .. nothing helped. it only got worse. I alsmot quit yesterday. giving everything to jan and quit what i worked for.

and im still thinking about doing so.... you can all say im a faboulous leader but im not. i just had some thoughts when we started as a small group. but more then half of you guys/girls can do a far better job then me. and Jan is the best man actually. but he isnt on very much.

before yesterdays conflict i saw a lot of you guys taking my place... i already was planning to become just a member... but... i dont know who to pick now.

this weekend i wont be home. and i hope you guys have a good time together without killing eachother. and maybe... just maybe i will change my mind.

Corzip Dinn.

I’ll move down the line with my replies.

I said “She” because it’s what most rule and gamebooks say when talking about both sexes. I figure it’s kind of like saying (s)he.

Why is there no way I can stand up to Trinity? Because they have more numbers? That doesn’t mean crap to me. I fight for what I believe in, in life and in games :). I’m not going to back down just because of numbers. -=ReApEr=- knows what I’m talking about.

If we’re only doing a temporary move thing, that’s fine. I still think we should talk with Trinity some more though. Why can’t they stay up by Kaadara?

X’ero, if I was there, I would have been fighting right beside you. I have 100k sunk into my house, so I’m not going anywhere soon. Whoever called you a whiner should have the piss slapped out of them. Standing up for something you believe in, I think, is one of the most noble acts in the world. I can’t understand why people weren’t standing by you though. This is OUR HOME! We’ve been pushed around over and over, why do we let it keep happening? Everybody is going to think of us as a worthless PA. “A neutral PA that doesn’t stand for something, doesn’t fight for anything, and just does what everybody tells them”. That’s basically what we’re turning out to be. I mean, I know we want to stay away from combat, but we have a combat section for a reason. Sometime, we’re going to have to use it.

About moving to Moenia, I guess that’s up to you guys. I’ve said all I have to say about fighting for our land. If you want to move again, it’s up to you.

If we can’t fight Trinity, I would at least like to find out what their problem is. I mean, Giles knew our town was down here. It’s like they just said “Hey, -A- is a small Neutral PA that nobody really cares about. We can push them aside, nobody will mind”. It just makes me mad, I want to find out their reasons.

I understand that you are stressed out Corzip. I’m not going to try to keep you from resigning, because that’s what everybody does, and it just sounds like empty support. I wouldn’t really welcome it, but if that’s what you want to do, I’m behind you. Sometimes the best thing to do is just let go, take a step back and relax. I feel that you are the best leader though. Sometimes I don’t agree with your ideas, and sometimes I don’t agree with how you do things, but you’ve got something that most of us don’t have. A cool head. It seems that when tempers fly, you keep it together. A leader of a PA has to have a cool head, or else she could drag it into a war.

This is a heated topic, and I knew it would be from the beginning. Tempers will fly, and opposing opinions will face off. I want you all to know, though, that I didn’t make this topic to shake the PA. I think it’s time that we take a look at ourselves. We can’t grow as a group if we’re not stable. If anybody feels like they want to quit the PA, please don’t. Things WILL get better as long as we address the problems. If anybody has any opinions, please state them.

Before I end I just want to remind everybody about my idea, the PR person. If you think it’s a good or bad idea, please say so. If you don’t really understand it, just say so and I’ll explain it more. I think it sounds like a great idea in my head, but I’m not too good at explaining things :).

ok please tell me how fighting them would help us any? its not like we can destroy there building... so its impossible to make them moveout so whats the point ? there isnt... so its kinda stupid to "sick" tio on them w hat can they do? nothing. except maybe get a few kills in? but why would that make them move out. it wouldnt. its all pointless to fight over it. If you wanted that spot soooo badly you shoulda had a master arch, and a politician there right when the server came online. if you wanted the spot sooo badly. can't blame it on them its like shopping at a store with a major sale.. early bird gets the worm? isnt that how that saying goes. theres nothing you or we can do so just move on a play the game.

hehe,

Well I like how Grask is doing this...The idea he has is good, Problem is who's going to do it? Corzip, you are a good leader...just sometimes people don't listen.

and this I have to say to the whole group it also goes along with myself... while I was on this Jr. High day thing (the dance :p apallo know's about it.) well there was this talk that the priest there said to us.

What is the object of life?

that is what I ask you, and it has been debated over for many years and genreations. Is it to have a nice famiy, with lot's of money? NO! is it to become a very good priest? NO! is it to live on the computer? NO! these are all obectives in the goal but that's not it...then what is it?....

it's to grow up, in anyway you can. :D

Hey Xero dont just say you and ricton are the only one that care about the land, i was the one who said we should try to blackmail them I just wasnt as upset as you(i dont think anyone was lol) but whatever whatever.

Grask Well said............

*Keldor stands and gives Grask around of Appluase*

but

I think some things have changed, many people have helped me get through slicing, everyone gave weapons, containers and Toonces made me like 125 Wuks. Jan even offered to make me cdefs without me even asking:D

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

I have 100k sunk into my house, so I’m not going anywhere soon.

just a side note grask..the maintenance carrys with it..so no worrys, im gonna use your house to set up at our new location when i get on.

Ok, sorry sorry :). And Jo, please don't move my house. First, I like where it is. Second, it's not just a grab and move job. You know that one box in the corner of that room? Well, it's really around 90 boxes. I got 1k couplers from my friend for free one day, they're all sitting there. So again, I'm not going anywhere for a while.

That's the reason I wanted my house paid for. If there was nothing in it, I wouldn't care if it came down.

Oh, and I'm going to order my new computer Wednesday :D.

dont worry jackrabbit..im so ahead of you, i got everylast crate, im holding about 43 of them, but i got them alright. and if you want to know where we are moving i can take a screenshot of the area and of the area on the map... just give the word..ill set the couplers back in your house..i got other stuff to do right now anyway.

Gah!

I haven't been on boards in a few days. Hasn't been loading on my computer for some reason =/

What is the purpose of the Associates? Seriously, WHAT is IT?

I believe since day one the Associates were designed to be a group of friends that were going to play a game together. No goals, no expectations, just go out there and play.

Since we are a group of friends we should be helping eachother when we need it. The player cities and many other items (mounts, exp, RIS armor, caves, millions of quests, etc. etc.) should HELP bring the Associates together.

Now I think we should keep this simple idea of being a group of friends on the surface of our brain. I have realized that I am not doing this nor are many people in the Associates. We ARE just a group of friends, but that does not mean we cannot make a beautiful city no matter where it is.

About the city moving, I think it really sucks hardcore. But I am too much of a pacifist to say, "Put down the iron fist and don't let them steal our land." I think corzip covers all of our options well.

We should move to Jo-Dae's spot and make the best city ever, not as a PA but as a group of friends comming together for a single purposful cause.

Remember we are all friends so throw a pillow and give a hug to your local Associate member.

~SK~

IC: I hope you people remember this.

Damn rebels, they are as bad as the Empire have been saying. :mad:

I guess the Empire wasn't lying after all. Bunch of criminals, that's what they are.

:D

OOC: Ok, we got screwed, real bad.

That's how it goes when you are up against a much bigger guild/PA, they will exercise their "right" to take whatever they want. They could have placed it further southeast, but they didn't.

They placed it right smack in the middle of that valley to make sure anyone that wanted to start up a city near them, would have limited space because of either mountains, thick forests, or swamps.

Now, it is done, they've shown their own values, but there's nothing we can do about that now.

Jo-Dae has found another place on Naboo, and to be honest, standing up on Jo's house, looking out over the new landscape, I most certainly like the view from this place much better than where we are now. :) Mountains in the background, and plains with small hills in the foreground.

I wish I had taken a picture of it, but I forgot. :(

Ask me for the waypoint to it if you haven't recieved Corzip's mail about our unfortunate incident with TRNTY.

We also have a potential new place on Rori, where there already is a city hall put up. Ocyrus has posted a picture of it in another thread here. There are currently only 5 citizens there, and none of them is attached to a PA .... yet. It's a very long walk there though, 10km West of Restuss, and 9km North. With mounts that helps alot, and you can do the trip in less than half the time.

I don't know how many citizens you need to get a shuttleport, but if we could get enough people there, that would help alot.

Now, the question we need to ask is, will it be profitable enough for us to stay there? If you live and deal with things on Naboo, you would first have to travel to Rori, then take another shuttle to the city, if we can get a shuttle port up and running that is. If you live somewhere else, then you would first have to travel to Naboo, then Rori, then the city. That's alot of time and money spent.

Corellia is the center of all trade, there's no question there.

So, logically, our business' should be located as close as possible to that planet.

There's also the question if we manage to get a city up and running, will we be able to maintain it? Considering the low turnout to help pay for our PA Hall, and in addition we also have 4 factories available to our members, if it wasn't for our big contributers, whom I'm sure are getting alittle fed up of shelling out alot of their own money to makes ends meet for our PA (50 400 Cr every week are our expenses), how on earth are we going to be able to maintain just the City Hall structure (Another 36 000 Cr a week, correct me on this if I'm wrong, but that's how I understood the info I read)?!?

We have like 37 or something members, and only few of those pay regulary (as in almost every week) the minimum 1000 Cr. And we are being nice too that only charge a 1000 Cr a week. If every member paid the minimum, we would still be 13 000 Cr short for the PA to go in plus.

Add a City Hall to that and we would be 49 000 Cr short.

As I mentioned before, our weekly expenses is in the 50 000 Cr range.

We get a City Hall added to that we will be in the 86 000 Cr range.

We can of course cut our expenses, that's minus 33 000 Cr, leaving us with expenses in the 52 000 Cr range.

But we shouldn't have to do that.

There are some that are more than willing to shell out 10, 20, 30 thousand Cr to the PA every week. But I'm sure they don't want to continue to be the only ones that are paying for it. It is these few people that is the reason why we decided to help our crafters with providing them with factories, and at the same time we thought maybe this could help boost the feeling "Hey, I put money into this PA and it actually gives something back." and more people would start to help build the PA's financial capacity.

As it turned out, less people paid the second, or third, week those factories were up than ever before. If I remember correctly, only 4-5 people paid the weekly fee, and the PA lost about 30 000 on that.

The week after, however, was very very very good though, thanks to our big contributors for one, and the fact that more people paid it. We gained around 182 600 Cr after expenses in just 1 week, making our losses the previous week seem like drops in the ocean. :)

This week, so far, we are in minus again, with only 2 people paying (by the way, could those 2 people come forward when you see me online and remind me when you see me online, my computer rebooted on me before I got the chance to save my Excel document :( I know how much you paid, so those who haven't, don't try anything. :D j/k ;) )

So my main fear about a city isn't that we won't be able to set one up, but if we will be able to support it.

I've rambled on long enough now, so I'll stop here, and let you all digest this for now. :)

Goose hit the nail right on the head. We need to start acting like a group of friends, and not just a group of acquaintances.

If worse comes to worse Jan, the "high-rollers" should be able to support the PA. I could probably make 50k a week no problem. Like you said though, they wont want to do it all the time. Also, once the city is established, taxes will be collected automatically.

As far as moving the city to Naboo or Rori, it doesn’t really matter to me. I was just mad that, from what I hear, not many people tried to keep our home where it was, and I’m mad that TRNTY would do this. It’s in the past now though, nothing anybody can do about it. Don’t expect me to help any TRNTY members in the future though.

Go Grask,

I'm Feeling all that you're saying man. Checked the new site and i like it. Always preferred Rori anyway. I vote Grask for Internal Relations Position.

Would have been fun to fight for our old spot though :)

i like those sorts of struggles. Had a big guild fight in Ever Quest when i used to play a year and a half ago. It was awsome ... waged 2 wars and my old guild was way outnumbered. It was a disagreement between our guild leaders. We won the first and lost the second but damn it was fun.

I say challenge them to a fight on the battle grounds. Give us a couple weeks for us to get our stuff together and become more organized (used to working as a group) then Corzip! drop the proverbial glove. Would take some effort to set up a good date and time...

Scared? Well yeah we stand the chance of getting our asses handed to us but hell, it'll be fun.

--------

On another note, i still need a mount. I'm willing to pay of course, it would really help with the long commute.

-Suriso Starstrider

Archived