Home

Leela Model (JK2/JA universal woman project)...

Antizac

Well, I'm currently working on something that could be considered "an insane ammount of detail" - but in the end it may prove that the suffereing Jedi Academy (Quake 3) engine, can still compete with modern games...

The two main characters in "The Rising Empire" will have the most close-ups in the cutscenes, so I want them to look as real as possible. With all this detail - that can really only be seen from up-close - I may have to start making LODs (Probably just 2, total). I just wish adding new animations and stuff were as easy as it is with Unreal 2k3...

I'll have screenshots soon - right now I'm working 8 hours each day until, the 24th. So It may be a week, or so, delayed...

Originally posted by jp-30

Well, if you want to see a few things the Beta version of the "Leela" model is capable of;

ardenlyn-wip.jpg

hmm, nice idea, but this skin looks kinda... unfinished. (well dummy, it is *SMACK*) the metal boots need lot of work, overall the metal loks strange. the eyebrows look like cpt. spock's, but that may be caused by the model's facial geometry

u can maybe use some alpha shadering in order to make the hair look a bit more messy...

i'm not saying in a way that this is a bad skin, this is going to be great for sure!

-kudos, rai

It's not fiinished, which is why it says "work-in-progress". :p

There are no metal shaders applied - and even if they were I don't know how they would look in Modview. The eybrows are based on the image of Arden in the lower right of the screenshot.

I've messed with alphas on the hair, but it doesn't work, as the hair is a 3D block - alphas on hair tend to work best on 2D shapes.

Anyway, as you noted it's not finished. Thanks for the feedback though, it's duly noted, and the face will definitely get some work.

When I found out Antizac was making a v2 of the model and the beta would not be released I stopped working on the skins for the Beta version in anticipation of the final release.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL. This is the longest I have ever seen a person work on a model. Antizac has been working on this project for over two years now, so anyone hodling there breath for this model, I might suggest you move on and in like, 5 more years maybe there might be a release. P.S-Iknow this is the 2nd try at this model, that's why I called it a project. ;)

Archived